Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Information Thread

Jan 14, 2014

WillyMGS wrote:

I'm also watching SHIELD. And don't think it's bad... It's just okay... Arrow just set the bar too high for me.

I also never watched Smallville, and I've seen many episodes lately (not in order or whatever, just what I can catch up), and I liked some of it, but personally I didn't like all the romance-soap-opera focus of many shots and episodes... Like the one where Bizarro appeared, it was like if what led Bizarro to be bad was his love for Lana... lolwut?

And I just read Gotham is getting a twist. Instead of focusing on Gordon alone, it will focus on the origins of Batman. Gordon will play a big role in that, but we'll see like the origins of everyone, including Penguin, Riddler, Joker... It's been referred as Gotham rught before it goes all crazy.

Oh and...

qfqfqffq

Smallville is great at the start, dat Lex Luthor is da bess. But it get's pretty unbearable at times and it took a lot of willpower to watch it at the end.

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 1081 of 5,640 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Jan 14, 2014

SergeantVincent wrote:

I really do hope that PSN gets the Rising content too. The words "exclusive" are scaring me though. I know it's Kojimer and all, but still.

http://media.giphy.com/media/uzS6trKIqo8mI/giphy.gif

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 1082 of 5,640 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

Yeah, I was about to say that Gotham isn't just about Gordon. To be honest it depends how they start it out, if they kick it off literally from the point his parents get killed it will end up being pretty lame. Nobody is really going to give a **bleep** about a 13 year old kid being all sad and **bleep**. They would need to start it off with him in his late teens, in boarding school or College or whatever, that way they could set up characters like Thomas Elliot, Roman Sionis and Harvey Dent, maybe even people like Vicki Vale. Then they could have stuff going on in the city with the crime families and the police, have some stuff with Penguin struggling as a business man or whatever, maybe have Gordon investigate some crimes that overshadow some villains.

Later seasons could have Bruce going off and training up, show him getting trained with Ducard and build up some tension with his son who becomes Nobody, have some stuff with Kigiri and Lady Shiva. Could take some ideas from the animated series and have him train alongside Zatanna or whatever.

It could be pretty lame if they go the nearly exact same route as Smallville, forcing all these characters to be together. I mean having Riddler, Catwoman, Black Mask, Two Face, Hush, Batman, Poison Ivy, and whoever all at the same school, or whatever, all at the same time would just be a bit much. They have enough characters and enough of a world to set it up so that most of them will have independent stories from one another.

I am pretty skeptical about it, but I'm interested in seeing where it goes. Smiley Mad

Message 1083 of 5,640 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Jan 14, 2014

VR_F0X wrote:

Yeah, I was about to say that Gotham isn't just about Gordon. To be honest it depends how they start it out, if they kick it off literally from the point his parents get killed it will end up being pretty lame. Nobody is really going to give a **bleep** about a 13 year old kid being all sad and **bleep**. They would need to start it off with him in his late teens, in boarding school or College or whatever, that way they could set up characters like Thomas Elliot, Roman Sionis and Harvey Dent, maybe even people like Vicki Vale. Then they could have stuff going on in the city with the crime families and the police, have some stuff with Penguin struggling as a business man or whatever, maybe have Gordon investigate some crimes that overshadow some villains.

Later seasons could have Bruce going off and training up, show him getting trained with Ducard and build up some tension with his son who becomes Nobody, have some stuff with Kigiri and Lady Shiva. Could take some ideas from the animated series and have him train alongside Zatanna or whatever.

It could be pretty lame if they go the nearly exact same route as Smallville, forcing all these characters to be together. I mean having Riddler, Catwoman, Black Mask, Two Face, Hush, Batman, Poison Ivy, and whoever all at the same school, or whatever, all at the same time would just be a bit much. They have enough characters and enough of a world to set it up so that most of them will have independent stories from one another.

I am pretty skeptical about it, but I'm interested in seeing where it goes. Smiley Mad

You know I totally agree with this, I'll put my insight into this in a spoiler tag because it'll be pretty big:

Spoiler

photo NorphSig.png

Message 1084 of 5,640 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42141 posts

Jan 14, 2014
Vincent's opinion on anything going forward is now void. War Zone was **bleep**. Watched it once and that was enough for me. Marvel has the license back now so hopefully Punisher is in the 2nd batch of their shows or he makes appearances on the Daredevil one.

Never bothered with Smallville. I think the most exposure I had to it was the last few minutes of the last few episodes in the final season while I waited for Supernatural to come on. That's about it outside of looking into how horrible some of the costumes were.

As for the Gotham show, I have this feeling like the movie-verse stuff may factor in for what they can and can't do. They're having to get off to a new start with Batman outside of the Nolan universe but inside the MoS one so I'm wondering if the show will be another clean start or if they'll use it as an avenue/foundation for the Batman in their unified universe. I guess we need to figure out first what the hell is going on with the MoS sequel first. Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash rumored, etc.. Where are they going with it?

Message 1085 of 5,640 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jan 15, 2014

I can't believe Ground Zeroes is out in 2 months. I feel like I've been waiting forever. But it's here.

I really hope I can get a PS4 before it's out. I really want to experience the next generation, and I want Ground Zeroes to be the one to take me there.

Take back the future
Message 1086 of 5,640 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jan 15, 2014

Ground Zeroes running on a Vita:

Take back the future
Message 1087 of 5,640 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

Jan 15, 2014

It is weird to think it is only 2 months away. With the other games we would all be counting down the days, with this it isn't even a blip on my radar. I'm not sure if it is because I have just gotten sort of tired of the series or if it is because I know it isn't the main game.

Are any of you "hyped" or what? Smiley Mad

Message 1088 of 5,640 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Jan 15, 2014

VR_F0X wrote:

It is weird to think it is only 2 months away. With the other games we would all be counting down the days, with this it isn't even a blip on my radar. I'm not sure if it is because I have just gotten sort of tired of the series or if it is because I know it isn't the main game.

Hey, F0X.

HEY.

Hey. guess what.

Check this out:

Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/8XIXUpel.jpg
Spoiler
lol
Spoiler

photo NorphSig.png

Message 1089 of 5,640 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jan 15, 2014

VR_F0X wrote:

I am actually really excited to see what the next generation of MGS gameplay is going to be. Super hyped for that. But it's hard to be excited for the actual game when they keep ducking talking about how smal and limited it is. Also they straight up showed us how the thing ends so it's like, man, what are you guys even doing right now.

Take back the future
Message 1090 of 5,640 (312 Views)
0 Likes