MVP Support
5919 posts

Re: [INFO] H-Hour

Apr 4, 2014

ESMROBZ wrote:

Hopefully SOF talks Sony into making a official H-Hour World's Elite game forum.  Instead of making a post and its buried in a day.  Moderators here be better off making a official game forum of H-Hour so we dont need to rebump a thread daily.

Not to worry, like the MAG thread, the community will more than likely bump it back into existence daily. Plenty of videos, pictures, and info have been coming out daily and haven't been posted here or other threads.

While a forum for this game sounds great, Sony seems to support first party games only with their own forum (even then it's limited). An INFO thread is scalable and can have threads merged/built into the main INFO thread quite easily.

Message 21 of 121 (576 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 4, 2014

Socom is what got me into online gaming in the first place. So I am holding this one to a certain standard. It's sad because I lost an excellent group of people I used to play with when that farce of Socom 3 came out. I am hoping one of my old Socom buddies read this thread so I can get back with them. Changed nothing about my name except now there is an extra z in my name now.

Message 22 of 121 (565 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
35274 posts

Apr 4, 2014

i cant wait for this game if it will really be something like socom 2 and 3 then i cant wait for this

they should take their time too the graphics dont have to be super amazing either

Message 23 of 121 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2014

Nice thread Da1wrter!!! Glad to see SOF Studios progressing a little and most of all having confirmation from the developers themseleves that everything we've seen so far  ( yuck ) will all be different once a publlsher signs on. That's great news so now all the negative energy I have for this game will be put on hold until a they've gotten backed ( Ubisoft, Sony lol, or whoever and however that works ) or when the game is shown to us in it's entirety, the way they intend it to be on launch day. Looking forward to hearing more about H-Hour on the PS4 real soon.

Message 24 of 121 (544 Views)
MVP Support
5919 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2014

Heads up Socom and H-Hour fans!

Mark your calender for  April 10 @ 15:00 EST (3PM) for Live SoF broadcast with David Sears!

Bookmark the  link below (which I'll add to the First  post later) to accept the mission and see you there with the others!

www.twitch.tv/sofstudios

For those who are wondering, yes, I'll be maintaining this thread, the now Official H-Hour thread, from now on but will need your help in case I missed any sort of news in regards to H-Hour. Thanks for the PM's, it's much appreciated!

Message 25 of 121 (509 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5919 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Don't like that lightbar on the DS4 but can't wait for H-Hour? Why not make a decal for it!

Bkpwd60CEAE7AO7.jpg

Visit [ http://flamingtoast.com/ ] and select Style 3 and Type out H-Hour but your best bet to get the style done properly is contact the seller for the H-Hour special Smiley Wink!

[Source]

Message 26 of 121 (489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: SOCOM Is Not Dead! Socom H-Hour (PS4) Is a Better Alternative...

Apr 10, 2014

Zipper Interactive isn't a company anymore. Zipper is also the company that created that garbage Socom 4. David Sears is the man behind Socom 1 and 2.........the best games of the franchise. H-Hour is going to be epic with a side of nostalgia

Message 27 of 121 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3017 posts

Re: SOCOM Is Not Dead! Socom H-Hour (PS4) Is a Better Alternative...

Apr 10, 2014

DEADGUY_ wrote:

Sony is the reason Socom is dieing, They need to give the game back to Zipper. My main reaon for cutting off socom4 is that you could not play 1 on 1 with a friend. We would go 1 on 1 all the time to see who was the best. It seemed like anytime I would get in a open game there would be a bunch of punks playing that would team kill you or just vote you off just becouse they didn't know you.

Now come to find out Socom 4 is down or is going down. I try ti play first person over 3rd person and to me it just sucks.

Well maybe Zipper will come out with game like socom. You Never know.

MAD MAX

Zipper is no more and they made that terrible game called Socom 4.

Message 28 of 121 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Apr 10, 2014

The thread is looking good Da...

I can see a lot of similarities of the shading on maps to confrontation. I sure hope they fix that...Didn't like the sound of weapons either. From the way things looks so far, it worries me that they are taking too much from Confrontation. Most socomers didn't consider that iteration a socom game.

As for the movement, and gameplay. Looks like the old movement is back. The fluidity was lost in later socoms and having that back will definately help with the socrack feel of the game..

Pre-alpha is looking good.

Message 29 of 121 (453 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5919 posts

[INFO] H-Hour

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2014

Thanks Uh--Oh Smiley Wink ! For those who didn't think the graphics were that impressive, the reason for that is that David Sears wanted a working proof-of-concept and UE3 allowed them to get up and running quickly. So H-Hour was using Ureal Engine 3 to render it's graphics but notice how I said 'was" Smiley Happy ! H-Hour has now been upgraded to Unreal Engine 4 to improve the graphics for PS4 owners to enjoy!

"Since H-Hour : World's Elite was first announced, it has been speculated that the game would indeed run off Unreal Engine 4 engine, recently demonstrated at GDC 2014.

No confirmation has been made, however, until now.

Speaking in a recent live stream, SOF Studio head David Sears revealed that the final game would be running off of Unreal Engine 4. He stressed how the team initially had little experience with the engine, and how during the first week he wanted to “gouge his eyes” out. But, eventually, they learned its intricacies and can now see why so many developers use it.

So, now, you may be wondering why the current game doesn’t look like it’s running on UE4. That’s because their proof of concept is actually running on Unreal Engine 3. The purpose of this is to get some gameplay footage out there to show off to investors in order to help them get started on full production. “Nobody believes unless they see it,” David Sears said in the stream. “We have to prove this is a good concept, that people will enjoy it, and that this team can work together to make that concept”.

He went on to state that the concept is currently in Beta and is ready to be shown to those who need to believe. However, they need to make a full game before the actual open/private Beta starts, which is “months and months and months” later.

And we know many of you have had concerns with how the game looks, and as mentioned it is only a proof of concept, but the team assured us that it’ll have the values of a Triple A title, but the gameplay will always come first.

https://twitter.com/DavidTroySears/status/454370457849171968

H-Hour: World’s Elite is set to launch next year on PC and PlayStation 4.

[Source]

Message 30 of 121 (438 Views)
0 Likes