MVP Support
6209 posts

Re: [INFO] Evolve

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

NEW Hunter's Have Come!

Evolve's New Hunters Announced along with October 21 Release date for this year!

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/5740082/evolve-preview-new-hunters-turtle-rock

Like a lot of games, Evolve's character classes are important in defining roles for players. But Evolve's classes – assault, trapper, medic, and support – are just the start of what the game's hunters are about and why they are important. Developer Turtle Rock Studios has unveiled four new hunters, each with their own weapons, special abilities, and ways of contributing to the mission of bringing down the monster.

Name: Bucket

Class: Support

Class Ability: UAV

2K_EVOLVE_E3_Character_Bucket2.jpg

(Click Below to Open Classified File)  

Spoiler

The new Support class character is a mechanized Hunter called Bucket. The robot's specialty involves yanking off his own head, which can then fly around the level like a UAV, or unmanned aerial vehicle. Bucket's floating head serves as a surveillance device; if it spots the monster, it will expose its location to the other Hunters.

Not having a head puts Bucket at a disadvantage, naturally. The bot's body remains stationary, leaving him vulnerable to attack from the monster player or lesser, but still dangerous creatures roaming the map. In combat, Bucket is pretty effective, thanks to a laser-guided missile launcher and flying sentry guns that pop out of his robot gut.

Name: Hyde
Class: Assault
Class Ability: Toxic Grenades

2K_EVOLVE_E3_Character_Hyde.jpg

Spoiler

Evolve's newest Assault character is Hyde, a brawny soldier who sports an eyepatch and a permanent sneer. Hyde wields a minigun that does heavy damage and a flamethrower that does even more but also has the shortest range of any weapon we've seen in Evolve to date.

"He's a pretty nasty offensive brute," Turtle Rock says.

In addition to being a high damage tank, Hyde is armed with toxic grenades that create a poisonous cloud upon explosion. They're only poisonous to Evolve's big monsters, however, and can be deployed strategically to trap the player controlling the monster or discourage that player from being in a certain spot — near an incapacitated ally, for example.

Name: Maggie
Class: Trapper
Class Ability: Trapjaw Pet 

2K_EVOLVE_E3_Character_Maggie2.jpg

Spoiler

Maggie's is the new Trapper class. She's outfitted with a machine pistol and a handful of harpoon traps. Those traps can be lobbed like mines onto the environment and, once they're primed, send out energy tethers that slow or impede the monster's movement. Maggie's great for immobilizing the monster, both to prevent it from attacking your teammates and to keep it still while the Hunters attack it.

Maggie the Trapper comes with an ally of her own, Daisy. She's a Trapjaw, the alien version of a bloodhound and she's Maggie's pet. Daisy can track the monster's movement, giving the Hunters a reliable way to sniff out the beast.

What's more, Daisy can revive her incapacitated teammates, and as long as she's still alive, your team is still in the game. She's like the fifth Beatle of Evolve.

Name: Lazarus
Class: Medic
Class Ability: Necromancer

2K_EVOLVE_E3_Character_Lazarus1.jpg

Spoiler

The new Medic is named Lazarus, and he's completely different from the previously announced medic, Val. In fact, Turtle Rock calls him "the opposite of Val."

Instead of having the ability to actively heal his fellow Hunters like Val does, Lazarus can bring his teammates back from the dead with a machine called The Lazarus Device. That means that keeping Lazarus alive is crucial to success if he's on your team. If he goes down, you lose a highly valuable asset that can keep you in the game.

It also means he's target number one for the player controlling the monster.

Lazarus has two tools that will help keep him out of harm's way, because he's not particularly helpful in combat. He's armed with a silenced sniper rifle that allows him to attack quietly and discretely from a distance. And he has a personal cloaking device that renders him nearly invisible.

Message 11 of 50 (573 Views)
Wastelander
811 posts

May 23, 2014

Thanks for keeping up on the info Writer. As if my Fall weren't clogged enough already with awesome releases.. now this hits too. Woot!

Please, no blank friend requests - let me know who you are!

Playstation MVP Terms & Conditions
Message 12 of 50 (558 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

May 23, 2014

Most of the previews that came out today were very positive. Especially in regard to the new hunter classes. Can't wait! Smiley Very Happy

young beard signature
Message 13 of 50 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

May 23, 2014

It looks awesome. Really does. But like others, IDK how much replay value it'll have.

More of a close-friends type of game....

Message 14 of 50 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

May 23, 2014
No matter what you guys think , this game is not left 4 dead . Evolve is a battle arena where 4 players go looking for the beast . In left 4 dead , four survivors are trying to get to safety from zombies , they travel across town and get to a point where they have to survive for a period of time . Left 4 dead is a great game with high replay value because you could play solo or co-op or online co-op . No single player has been announced for evolve , so it is an online only battle arena , and they have not talked about how the game decides who is the beast . This game is not worthy of a $60.00 price tag . Evolve has no story , no campaign , and no alternate objectives , so it is funny that people are comparing it to games that are far better and have all these elements . Evolve is a good concept , but it needs more content before I will even DEMO it .
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Message 15 of 50 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

May 23, 2014

cb765 wrote:
No matter what you guys think , this game is not left 4 dead . Evolve is a battle arena where 4 players go looking for the beast . In left 4 dead , four survivors are trying to get to safety from zombies , they travel across town and get to a point where they have to survive for a period of time . Left 4 dead is a great game with high replay value because you could play solo or co-op or online co-op . No single player has been announced for evolve , so it is an online only battle arena , and they have not talked about how the game decides who is the beast . This game is not worthy of a $60.00 price tag . Evolve has no story , no campaign , and no alternate objectives , so it is funny that people are comparing it to games that are far better and have all these elements . Evolve is a good concept , but it needs more content before I will even DEMO it .

Judge it when it comes out Smiley Wink

young beard signature
Message 16 of 50 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

May 23, 2014

cb765 wrote:

I loved Left 4 Dead. 2 kind of left me a bit dry and I didn't play it long. I think you're a bit quick to dismiss Evolve. Online players love 2 different kinds of gameplay: Co-op and Competitive. Evolve looks to meld the 2 together into something unique. As pointed out, the latest impressions are very strong. I'm looking forward to seeing more and will probablyi Day 1 it. 

Please, no blank friend requests - let me know who you are!

Playstation MVP Terms & Conditions
Message 17 of 50 (524 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6209 posts

Message 18 of 50 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25346 posts

May 26, 2014

man this game screams for a third person view for the hunters just like the monster. i don't know why games dont just make both options all the time. i really do not like FPSs but i will be picking this up.

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 19 of 50 (490 Views)
0 Likes