12.04.14 - Building the Open World
2.11.14 - New Trailer, New Epidemic
11.21.13 - How Light Comes Alive in Dying Light
11.13.13 - Hands-On with Dying Light
06.07.13 - Techlands Post-Apocalyptic World
Genre: Horror , Action
Supported Players: 1 - 4 Players
Release Date: January 27 2015 (Vanilla) | February 9 2016 (Enhanced)
ERSB Game Rating: M
Digital Download Size: N/A
Suggested Manufacturer's Retail Price: $59.99 | $29.99 - Season Pass | $14.99 - The Following DLC
GOOD NIGHT. GOOD LUCK.
- DYING LIGHT is now bigger, better and scarier than ever before. Enjoy the ultimate zombie experience as you scavenge for supplies, craft weapons, and do anything you can to survive in a city ravaged by the zombie virus.
- EXPANDED WITH DYING LIGHT: THE FOLLOWING Discover the untold chapter of Kyle Crane’s story thanks to this massive expansion. Leave the quarantine zone and investigate a mysterious faith that has asserted itself in the seemingly serene countryside – a region bigger than all areas of the original game combined!
- DRIVE TO SURVIVE Dying Light: The Following introduces the drivable dirt buggy that you can freely customize and upgrade with special weapons, attachments and decals to create your deadliest weapon yet.
- ALL DLCS AND UPDATES Get all the additional content ever released for Dying Light in one go, including the Be the Zombie multiplayer mode, the Cuisine & Cargo challenge missions, the Ultimate Survivor Bundle, The Bozak Horde game mode, and much more.
- Original Game Enhanced
- Dying Light: The Following
- Season Pass
- Be the Zombie Mode
- All Content Updates
- Legend System
- Nightmare Difficulty
- Bounties System
- New Parkour Moves
- New Enemy Attacks & Behaviors
- #DrinkForDLC Content
- New NPC Models
- Enhanced Facial Expressions
- Improved Human Enemy AI
- Improved Volatile AI
- Greater Firearm Variety
- HUD and Video Filter Customizations
- Audio Upgrades
- Gameplay Quality Improvements
- Console Performance Upgrades
- Overall Game Look and Feel Improvements
- WELCOME TO THE QUARANTINE - Experience an original and intense story set in an infected city cut off from the outside world. Only the fittest have any hope of survival.
- VAST OPEN WORLD - Dying Light lets you traverse an extensive world plunged into chaos and destruction. In this diverse environment, you fight for survival against many kinds of enemies since the infected are not the only threat: facing down other desperate humans is often the only way to get precious supplies.
- NIGHT CHANGES THE RULES - In daylight you explore the city searching for supplies and weapons. After nightfall, though, this infected world undergoes a dramatic transformation that gives the gameplay a new dimension. You, a hunter by day, become prey. The infected grow in strength, but something even more sinister looms in the darkness to begin its hunt.
- PARKOUR-STYLE MOVEMENT - Whether you hunt or escape the hunters, you can move around the city with ease and speed. Jump between rooftops, climb walls, and attack your foes from above. Dying Light gives players a freedom of movement never seen in open world games before.
- BRUTAL, VISCERAL COMBAT - Fight face to face using a diverse selection of melee weapons: knives, bats, axes, or more unusual tools of destruction. Strike down your enemies, cut off their limbs, save your own life!
- FIREARMS - Powerful but noisy. Use pistols, shotguns, and rifles to gain an advantage over enemies, but remember that gunfire can and will attract unwanted attention.
- CRAFT YOUR WEAPONS - Dying Light features RPG elements that let you develop the protagonist and adjust him to your play style. It’s a long and difficult journey from rookie to badass.
- CHOOSE YOUR PLAY STYLE - Make use of weapons, your surroundings, and traps set by other survivors. Provoke groups of enemies to attack each other. Complete objectives by day or at night. Take advantage of darkness, fog, and storm to remain unseen. Turn the odds in your favor with offensive and defensive gadgets. It’s always your call!
- HOURS OF GAMEPLAY - Discover a thrilling story, complete more than a hundred side-quests, and put your skills to the test in special challenges.
- CO-OP MODE FOR 4 PLAYERS - Cooperate with other players in the extreme conditions of a zombie apocalypse. Show your individuality and customize your character.
- ASYMMETRIC MULTIPLAYER - Survivors, beware! Every time the night falls on Harran, your game can be invaded by the Night Hunter, a human-controlled, extremely powerful enemy. Join forces with other players to repel the invasion or go one-on-one with the city’s worst nightmare.
- BREATHTAKING VISUALS AND REALISM - Dying Light is the first game based on the Chrome Engine 6 – the latest revolutionary incarnation of Techland’s proprietary technology. Built from the ground up with next-generation consoles and advanced DirectX 11 graphics in mind, it delivers a new level of visual quality, special effects, and dynamic weather conditions, maintaining unparalleled efficiency at the same time.
WHAT’S DYING LIGHT: THE FOLLOWING?
Dying Light: The Following is a massive expansion to Dying Light and the untold chapter of Kyle Crane’s story. Take to a vast new area that will transform your Dying Light experience through new game mechanics, environments and challenges on top of the established core of what made Dying Light a break away success for millions of players around the globe.
- NEW MAP | AS BIG AS DYING LIGHT : For the first time, you’ll go outside the quarantine zone only to get thrust into a hazardous outbackoverrun by the infected and populated by pockets of survivors who consider outsiders just as threating. With a region the size of all original Dying Light maps combined, Dying Light: The Following is choke full ofnew environments, characters, quests, and secrets to discover.
- DRIVABLE VEHICLES | YOUR DEADLIEST WEAPON YET : Break pursuits and travel through the quarantine like never before. All-terrain dirt buggies are going to be your key tool to survival and getting around this hazardous countryside. Level up your new Driver Rank skill tree and upgrade your ride to create your most deadly and effective weapon yet. Fully customizable with specialized weapons, attachments, decals and paint jobs, your buggy is going to be your one-way ticket to zombie smashing mayhem.
- NEW STORY | WHERE WILL THE OUTBREAK GO? : Players will again take the role of Kyle Crane, and will be thrown into Harran’s outback region, rife with the infected, where they’ll encounter a mysterious, and seemingly all-powerful cult, capable of changing the face of Dying Light’s world. To infiltrate and unravel dark secrets of The Following, Kyle Crane will need to face all-new challenges and use his abilities to the limit.
- NON-LINEAR PROGRESSION | TRUST IS SOMETHING YOU EARN : To get close to the cult and unravel their secrets, players will need to earn the trust of the locals. Through various missions and tasks, players will be able to choose their own path for infiltrating the inner circles of the cultists. As you earn more trust, you’ll be granted more imperative tasks along with access to dark cult secrets which will help unravel the mystery that has taken hold of this once serene land.
NEW? Read First! | Everything About PS4 Pro So Far | PlayStation VR : Everything About it so Far | [GUIDE] Improve Your DS4 Battery Life | [Tutorial] Swap Stock HD & Install New One in PS4 | My PlayStation Gold Headsets Review | INFO Threads : What I've Helped With and Create |
Old Thread with more info here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Survival-Ho
The game has been delayed until February 2015, the studio has announced.
Techland says the delay of the title is down to the studio looking to perfect the parkour elements of the game. "When we started the development of Dying Light, we were committed to innovation. We wanted to give you a freedom of movement unprecedented in open-world games. After many improvements and months of hard work, we have now come so close to realizing our initial vision we feel we cannot stop before it is ready."
"We believe the Natural Movement element of our game will change what you expect from the genre, and we don’t want to sacrifice any of its potential by releasing too early. This quality-focused thinking underlines all our development choices and we hope you share our belief that the gameplay must always come first."
"The new date ensures that we can fully realize our vision of an innovative open-world game. We won’t need to make compromises or trade-offs on any of the five platforms we’re working on. For you, it means an outstanding, original game that makes the wait more than worthwhile."
"Finally, we would like to thank our publishing partner, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, which fully supports our decision. It’s a real pleasure to work in an environment where quality is universally accepted as the top priority. We believe that this is the only way to make truly incredible games."
Techland adds that it will be showing off the game, and revealing new information about Dying Light, at E3 2014.
Edit - Updated title