Mar 11 2014
By: bob-maul Welcoming Committee 14608 posts

[INFO] Destiny of Spirits - PS Vita

[ Edited ]
64 replies 1874 views Edited Mar 25, 2014

destiny of spirits2.PNG

A special message from Kumi Yuasa, the producer of Detiny of Spirits. 

For those who participated in the closed beta test in October last year, great news! You will receive a rare Spirit called “Joker of Light”. You will be eligible for the gift if you;

• Participated the closed beta test in October 2013 and completed Tutorial and, 
  • Begin the full game using the same PSN ID as closed beta test and get past user registration (name and date of birth) by PDT 4:59pm on Wednesday April 9th 2014. (UTC 11:59pm on Wednesday April 9th 2014)

If you meet both criteria above, you’ll be eligible for the gift. In such case, you will receive “Joker of Light” Spirit in your mailbox in-game by the end of April 2014. Please go to World Map - Communicate – Mailbox to receive your gift.

Platform: Vita

Developer: Japan Studio

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Release Date: March 25, 2014

Destiny of Spirits is a location-based, free-to-play, social strategy game for the Playstation Vita. The goal of the game is to make a ton of friends, collect spirits, and battle against the Chaos Spirits in order to purify the world.

Destiny of Spirits is, at its core, a social experience. The more friends you have, the more resources you have to pull from. Whether it be growing your spirit collection through trades or through a devastating final attack, friends are central to your experience. The real world locations of your friends come into play as well. The different regions will have exclusive Spirits to collect, so trading spirits among distant friends is essential to diversifying your collection. For instance, Americans may want to find some Japanese and European friends if they want to have the region-exclusive spirits from those areas.

Battle

Winning battles will earn you Spirit Points and Summoning Stones.

• Spirit Points: These points are used to merge spirits to another, thereby making it stronger, and to rent "supporter" spirits from friends.
  • Summoning Stones: These are used to add new spirits to your collection.
  • Destiny Orbs: These are more rare and can be used for Advanced Summoning, healing your party's HP, control time, and bring dead spirits back to the battle. These can be bought from the PS Store as well. 

Renting spirits from friends will allow you to bring a powerful spirit into battle! It also comes with helpful effects like damage modifiers. These may be essential to winning a tough battle, so find more friends to have a larger pool of players to rent from.

Renting Spirits

Trading spirits is one of the many ways to interact with your friends. Your best bet is to have a lot of friends in different regions since many spirits are region-exclusive. Every trade requires a certain amount of real-world time to pass before it is completed. Length is determined by the distance between regions, so keep that in mind whenever trading with someone from far away.

Trading Spirits

It is also possible to add more spirits to your collection using Summoning Stones or the more uncommon Destiny Orbs. 

Summoning

Maybe one of your spirits needs a bit more power. One way to increase its power is through merging it with other spirits. You need to choose the spirit you want enhanced and then you need to pick the enhancement spirits (these spirits will be consumed through this process).

Merging

Cool Stuff:

knack destiny of spirits.jpg

Add knack to your spirit collection today (limited time)! More Playstation characters to be announced.

Links:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/07/destiny-of-spirits-on-ps-vita-detailed/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/07/destiny-of-spirits-coming-to-ps-vita-march-25th/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/25/destiny-of-spirits-launches-today-on-ps-vita/

Videos:

Launch Trailer

Announcement Trailer

Building your Spirit Collection:

Art:

DoS Art

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 1 of 65 (1,874 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: [INFO] Destiny of Spirits

Mar 25, 2014

Destiny of Spirits is launching today, so give it a download from the store!

Message 2 of 65 (1,819 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

Re: [INFO] Destiny of Spirits - PS Vita

Mar 25, 2014
I was in the closed beta. When I bought/downloaded the game today it made me redownload the BETA file and 1 other file. On the live area screen it says "beta test has finished, thank you for your participation". When I start the game it says the game comes out and cannot be played till March 25th. Which is today...

Is this an issue for beta testers or is this happening to everyone?
Message 3 of 65 (1,784 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1116 posts

Mar 25, 2014

Can't wait to recieve my Beta gift spirit! ^_^

Message 4 of 65 (1,753 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13448 posts

Mar 25, 2014

I gotta check out this game when I purchase a Vita, and thanks for writing the info on what we need to know about the game, bob-maul.

Playstation Support Phone Number
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Message 5 of 65 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

diagos1 wrote:
I was in the closed beta. When I bought/downloaded the game today it made me redownload the BETA file and 1 other file. On the live area screen it says "beta test has finished, thank you for your participation". When I start the game it says the game comes out and cannot be played till March 25th. Which is today...

I assume it is just a glitch with the store update. Just wait a bit and try again. 

Message 6 of 65 (1,714 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Mar 26, 2014

younginflavor18 wrote:

I gotta check out this game when I purchase a Vita, and thanks for writing the info on what we need to know about the game, bob-maul.

You're welcome. It definitely looks interesting and I am looking to give it a shot myself in a few hours.

Message 7 of 65 (1,711 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1152 posts

Mar 26, 2014

i am currently playing this game and i kind of like it for now.gonna try to play it daily on my vita to see how far i'd go

Photobucket
Message 8 of 65 (1,687 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Mar 26, 2014

diagos1 wrote:

Store not updated...yet

but it should update just fine

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 9 of 65 (1,673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

diagos1 wrote:

I was not in the Closed Beta but I still see the same message. It probably is just a glitch that they'll patch soon. 

For people who aren't really into free to play "social" games and were apprehensive like me, I have to say that Destiny of Spirits is worth a try. It's very easy to help people and for people to help you. And I find myself becoming attached to my Spirits lol

By the way, this was an excellent write up, bob-maul. 

Message 10 of 65 (1,660 Views)
0 Likes