7.07.15  - Limited Edition Destiny : TTK PS4 Bundle Out September

6.15.15 - The Taken King Exclusive Content Revealed

Two More Expansions planned After The Taken King, Click Spoiler below

Spoiler

< ARCHIVED > 

Spoiler

// OFFICIAL DESTINY CLAN SITE \\
// DESTINY LFG : SITE 1 | SITE 2 | SITE 3 \\

Click above to go to Official PlayStation Page! 

Developer: Bungie [ Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Youtube ]

Publisher: Activision [ Facebook |Twitter ]

Genre: Shooter

Supported Players: 1 - 12 Players

ERSB Game Rating: T

Release Date : OG  - September 9, 2014 | TTK Edition - September 9, 2015

Digital Download Size:  N/A

Platform: PS4 , PS3

Suggested Manufacturer's Retail Price: Legendary Edition - $59.99 |

Digital / Retail Collector's Edition - $79.99 

Expansion Packs : The Taken King - $39.99 | The Dark Below - $19.99 |

The House of Wolves | Expansion Pass - $34.99 

PlayStation Exclusives : Content 1 | Content 2 | Content 3 | PlayStation Site

Become Legend

From the Creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth’s enemies. Reclaim all that we have lost.

A Bold New World

Embark on an epic action adventure with rich cinematic storytelling where you unravel the mysteries of our universe and reclaim what we lost at the fall of our Golden Age.

Create Your Legend

Personalize and upgrade every aspect of how you look and fight with a nearly limitless combination of armor, weapons, and visual customizations. Take your upgraded character into every mode, including campaign, cooperative, social, public, and competitive multiplayer.

More Ways To Play

The next evolution of the first-person action genre that provides an unprecedented combination of storytelling, cooperative, competitive, and public gameplay, and personal activities that are all seamlessly woven into an expansive, persistent online world. Venture out alone or join up with friends. The choice is yours.

THE NEXT GREAT ADVENTURE

Destiny: The Taken King, the next great adventure in the first person shooter Destiny universe, introduces a new story campaign and quests, new enemies to fight, new locations to explore, new Strikes and Crucible maps, a new Raid that will put players to the ultimate test, and more. To stand up to the challenge, players will have access to three new devastating Guardian subclasses, and a massive arsenal of weapons, armor, and gear.

POWERFUL NEW ABILITIES

To battle back the Darkness and the Taken army, players will get brand new subclasses with new supers. Warlocks will now harness the power of an electric storm, Hunters will carve a bow formed from gravitational void energy, and Titans will summon a flaming hammer that can sear their adversaries from a range or deliver a devastating melee impact.

NEW LOCATIONS

The amazing Destiny universe continues to expand - Infiltrate a Cabal base on Phobos, and establish a beachhead on Oryx’s flagship – the Dreadnaught – a mysterious, loot-filled fortress. Charge into the Crucible where all-new competitive multiplayer maps await you and your Fireteam.

NEW ACTIVITIES & REWARDS

Adventure through new Strikes featuring powerful bosses, follow more questlines that lead to powerful, new gear and brave the next major Raid to test six-player Fireteams. Continue leveling in Destiny and fill your arsenal with brand new weapons and armor. Find and collect new, powerful Exotics. 

Click above to go to Official Site

Expand your Destiny adventure with a wealth of weapons, armor, and gear earned in new story quests and missions, three new competitive multiplayer arenas, and a new Strike and Raid. Beneath the surface of the Moon, a long-forgotten enemy stirs. Survive the true depths of the Hellmouth, and stop its dark army from invading Earth.

NEW GEAR

Your legend grows. Reach new heights of prestige and glory by acquiring exclusive new weapons, armor and gear, and facing new cooperative and competitive challenges as your adventure continues.

NEW STRIKE

In the Jovian Complex, deep in the old Cosmodrome, lives Omnigul. Here, she works to expand the Hive army in preparation for the return of her master, Crota, and the Hive's invasion of Earth. Only you and a fireteam of brave Guardians can eliminate this threat, moving closer to saving our world and growing your legends.

NEW CRUCIBLE MAPS

Get ready to fight, Guardians. The Crucible expands into new territory with three new competitive arenas. Each presents its own unique strategic opportunities to sieze glory and honor. All must be mastered to assure that your Light will prevail in battle.

Click above to go to Official Site

Expand your Destiny adventure with a wealth of weapons, armor, and gear to earn in new story missions, four new competitive multiplayer maps, and a new cooperative Strike. Expansion II introduces a new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible and an all-new arena activity – The Prison of Elders. The Reef is open. Join the Awoken and hunt down the Fallen rising against us.

BOOST YOUR GUARDIAN’S POWER WITH NEW ARMOR, WEAPONS AND GEAR

New weapons, armor, and gear to increase your Guardian’s power, including Fallen and Osiris-themed collections earned as top-tier rewards in new activities. New Activity rewards will enable Guardians to upgrade old favorites. Legendary and Exotic gear from Destiny, The Dark Below, and House of Wolves can be boosted to the current maximum Attack and Defense.

NEW STRIKE: THE SHADOW THIEF

A massive Fallen ketch has been spotted over the Moon, and a crew of Fallen cutthroats led by the ruthless mercenary Taniks the Scarred seeks to plunder the Hive’s darkest secrets. Guardian Fireteams are tasked with infiltrating the ketch and defeating Taniks before he can secure his prize.

NEW WAYS AND PLACES TO HUNT FOR GUARDIANS

Let the Hunt begin, Guardians. Now The Crucible expands into new territory with four new competitive arenas. There is also two new Modes to fight alongside other Guardians, one for loot not found anywhere else and the other to seek the highest rank in order to reach a coveted prize only a few can attain. Are you up for the challenges that await you?

Click above For GameInformer's Story Rundown!

OUR GOLDEN AGE

Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. Long ago, it breathed new life into our system. Rain washed over Mars. Fresh air cleansed the skies over Venus. Soon after, humanity raced into the black, and colonized these newly remade worlds. It was a time of miracles-a great Golden Age.

HOPE IN THE DARKNESS

It did not last. The Traveler had an ancient enemy. A powerful darkness that found us here on Earth, and nearly destroyed us. No one knows exactly what happened in those final moments, but we know this: we survived, and we owe our lives to the Traveler.

WE RISE AGAIN

In our darkest days, Humans, Exos, and Awoken found the Traveler where it made its last stand, low above Earth, silent and immobile. We built the City - our last - within its protective veil, fighting countless wars to keep its peace. From that dark age, Guardians were born.

THE NEW FRONTIER

Now, a new era has begun, and the only hope for our future lies in unlocking the greatest mysteries of our past. You are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth, able to wield some of the Traveler's incredible power. You are taking this mantle just as a new day dawns. Titans, Hunters, and Warlocks have finally returned to our long-lost worlds, only to find out we are not alone. Defend the last safe City on Earth. Defeat our enemies. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system. Discover all that we have lost.

And Become ... Legend.

After years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. 

Summon your courage, Guardians. Crota waits in the dark below. Gather your most trusted allies to form a Fireteam, six Guardians strong. Don your best, battle-hardened weapons and armor. Master the depths of the Hellmouth. Face Crota... and defeat him.

The Guardians have grown strong, and now the Queen of the Awoken has called upon them to hunt down the House of Wolves, Fallen subjects once loyal to the Queen before their violent rebellion. Meet with the Queen’s emissaries at Vestian Outpost in the Reef. Hunt down their Fallen betrayers and make sure you give them the same amount of Mercy they gave the Awoken... none.

Some scholars say that it was the vile"children" of Oryx that first crawled from the ashes, post- Collapse. His brood grew quietly, but quickly enough, spawning armies of Hive loyal to their King deep within the caverns and shadows of our worlds. Among them was Crota, the god- Knight whose offspring poisoned our Moon. Crota and his army would have infected the Earth were it not for the efforts of Eris Morn, and the Guardians who heeded her warnings. Now, Crota is dead - body and soul extinguished by your hand.

But...

...a dark shadow has fallen over our worlds. Oryx, The Taken King, has arrived in our solar system, is hell-bent on vengeance and is raising an army of corrupted “Taken” forces by manipulating the Darkness itself to find those who destroyed his son Crota, and to consume our worlds. You must find a way into his impenetrable Dreadnaught ship which looms above the rings of Saturn to defeat The Taken King before he and his dark army consume our civilization and bring our solar system to ruin.

Arm yourself with newfound abilities, weapons, and gear. Defeat the Taken hordes. Make your way aboard the Dreadnaught, and face Oryx himself within his inner sanctum.

Oryx, armed with a dark power beyond anything we've yet to face, is coming to claim his revenge on one thing... you Guardian...

BEGINNER'S GUIDES : Titan | Warlock | Hunter

Click Each Guardian Subclass for a Breakdown below!  

Click Each Description for Indepth Look

Click above for the Destiny Planet View

(Day on Moon Here)

(Day on Venus Here)

(Day on Mars Here)

Screen-Shot-2014-07-27-at-1.58.36-PM-copy-620x360.png
Destiny has over 30 Story missions, over 10 Strikes, 5 Explorable areas, 3 Social Areas, 3 Raids, and over 25 Crucible maps

THE TOWER - Home of the Guardians, the Tower is a third person social hub where you can regroup, rearm, and form new alliances before venturing beyond the safety of the City's walls. 

THE REEF - In the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter lies the Reef: a graveyard of lost ships and the realm of the Awoken. Ruled by an elusive and enigmatic queen, the Reef has long avoided contact with the City.

THE LIGHT HOUSE - Only for the few Strongest Guardians who are able conquer The Trials of Osiris without losing a single battle. Good Luck Guardians, you'll need it.

In the shadows below the Vestian Outpost lies the Prison of Elders, a combat arena where Guardians face waves of enemy combatants and their nefarious champions for honor, glory, and the riches of the Reef.

• Three-Player Matchmaking at lower level Difficulty
  • High Difficulty Weekly Challenges for pre-formed Fireteams
  • Four, three round waves against randomly selected enemy races, arena's, and gameplay modifications
  • A final, fifth round where players must face a randomly selected boss
  • Eight new gameplay altering skulls that randomly change the flow of the fight.

A sly political operative and informant, Variks has remained loyal to The Queen. Visit him in the Vestian Outpost to collect rewards, to preview a rotation selection of Fallen-themed items, and to exchange Armor and Weapon cores earned in Prison of Elders combat to expand your ever-growing arsenal of Legendary gear.

Guardians who accept Variks’ invitation, and survive arena combat in Prison of Elders, earn access to a wealth of rewards.

• Fallen-themed Weapons
  • Queen's Armaments
  • Exotic Gear
  • And more!

There are two other modes but they fall under...

CRUCIBLE MAPS :  
OG Destiny - Twilight Gap | First Light | Bastion | The Burning Shrine | Asylum | Rusted Lands | Blind Watch | Shores of Time | The Anomaly | Firebase Delphi
Dark Below -  The Cauldron | Skyshock | Pantheon
House of Wolves - Thieve's Den | Widow's Court | Black Shield
Taken King - Bannerfall | Frontier | Crossroads | Ghostship | Exile | Memento | Vertigo 
*PlayStation Exclusive* - Exodus Blue | Time Keeper | Sector 618

• Dead Sectors (Control): 6v6. Dead Orbit desires new territories to expand their reach beyond the City. Fight for control of strategic battle zones. Hold your ground to gain the momentum.
  • Ancient Relics (Salvage): 3v3. The Arachs of Dead Orbit covet rare artifacts. Secure and defend the Relics to claim the secrets of our past.
  • Executor’s Challenge (Skirmish): 3v3. New Monarchy seeks those capable of reclaiming the frontier, one battle at a time. A focused engagement between two fireteams. Teamwork is your greatest weapon.
  • Eternal War (Clash): 6v6. The Future War Cult seeks champions who can face the inexorable future. Form an alliance and fight for supremacy across the ruins of our old worlds.
  • Machines of War (Combined Arms): 6v6. Heed the call of the Future War Cult and master war on a massive scale. Coordinate vehicles and your ground game to control the battlefield and rout your opponents .
  • The Grand Arena (Rumble): 3v3. Prove your merit to the New Monarchy in pure combat. You against all. Hone your Light by challenging your fellow Guardians in a fight for survival.
  • Mayhem : Supers Recharge instantly, creating a frantic competetive multiplayer mode of utter chaos!
  • Rift : Capture the flag like experience, bring the opposite teams spark to your rift.
  • Iron Banner: 6v6. Champions are born in battle. Prove your might and earn the respect of the Lords of Iron.

"The Crucible is but a means to an end. One day you will be called upon to use the skills forged in its fires." — Lord Shaxx

Only Guardians who have proven their worth may enter the Trials of Osiris, where they will face the Crucible’s ultimate test of teamwork and skill.

Your skill alone won't carry you through the Trials unscathed; gather a Fireteam capable of working as one and bring down the entire opposing team to claim victory. You may only be revived by a teammate, and if your whole team is down, the round is over. 3 versus 3 Elimination matches are played to five points, with a single point awarded to the victors of each round.

Brother Vance holds vigil in the Reef, awaiting the arrival of Guardians ready to accept the challenge of the Trials. Only he can grant you a Passage to the Trials of Osiris, which will track your wins and losses. Return your completed Passage to him for rewards you’ve earned through your wins.

Buy special Buffs with Trials Coins to ease your path through the Trials. Forgive a loss, add a win, or even double-down on your first victory… each Passage may carry all three Buffs. Earn Trials Coins by playing Daily featured Crucible playlists as well as a chance to receive them as post-game rewards elsewhere in the Crucible.

Those who find victory in the Trials of Osiris will be rewarded with gear befitting humanity’s greatest hope. Osiris—and those loyal to him—have toiled in secret for years to locate and modify weapons and armor that can stand against the onrushing Darkness.

Message 92 of 612 (10,699 Views)
Wastelander
848 posts

Destiny

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

Who is anxiously awaiting its release? i cannot wait !!! 

What console will you be playing this on?

__
Moderator edit: Merged into [INFO] thread - Meowstro

Watch me use my control
twitch.tv/piffzone
youtube.com/piffzone
Message 1 of 612 (11,306 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Re: Destiny

Dec 17, 2013

I will be playing on PS4 but wish it was on PC!

Specs:
Bitfenix Prodigy
EVGA GTX 770 SC 4GB
i-7 4770k at 3.5Ghz(4.2 OC)
16gb Ram Trident Series
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
ASUS H87I-PLUS Mini-ITX Motherboard
250gb Samsung EVO SSD
1TB HDD
750W PSU
Message 2 of 612 (11,295 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Dec 17, 2013
I probably wouldnt be so interested if it was on PC the fact that its on consoles makes it a whole lot more interesting IMO lol
Watch me use my control
twitch.tv/piffzone
youtube.com/piffzone
Message 3 of 612 (11,293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Dec 17, 2013

I don't follow you on that comment, please explain.

Specs:
Bitfenix Prodigy
EVGA GTX 770 SC 4GB
16gb Ram Trident Series
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
250gb Samsung EVO SSD
1TB HDD
750W PSU
Message 4 of 612 (11,286 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Dec 17, 2013

This is def one of the upcoming games i'm looking forward to as well as TC's The Division....still a little bummed there isn't a singleplayer mode but if it's an amazing game i can overlook that. As for which console it's looking like the XBOX ONE at this time only because i got a lot of time,money and score built up over the years BUT if a PS4 finds it's way to me before that than i would gladly rock Destiny on it.

Proud owner of Xbox 360/Xbox One, PS3 and
Intellivision
PSN:YellowJacket_LE2/XBL:YellowJacket LE

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 612 (11,284 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13861 posts

Dec 17, 2013
It's too far away. I'm awaiting other games
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 612 (11,278 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Dec 17, 2013

YellowJacket_LE2 wrote:

This is def one of the upcoming games i'm looking forward to as well as TC's The Division....still a little bummed there isn't a singleplayer mode but if it's an amazing game i can overlook that. As for which console it's looking like the XBOX ONE at this time only because i got a lot of time,money and score built up over the years BUT if a PS4 finds it's way to me before that than i would gladly rock Destiny on it.

It's not hard to find one online. They have been available a lot for the past two weeks. Tracker: nowinstock.net

Specs:
Bitfenix Prodigy
EVGA GTX 770 SC 4GB
16gb Ram Trident Series
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
250gb Samsung EVO SSD
1TB HDD
750W PSU
Message 7 of 612 (11,277 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Dec 17, 2013

@Williams0907...I would sure love to i really would..i'm really wanting to wait on next gen a bit to build up both's gaming libraries. I'm wanting to get a PS3 with a chunk of games first before going next gen and for the price of the next gen consoles currently i can imagine i could get quite a few PS3 games and accessories for the money.

Proud owner of Xbox 360/Xbox One, PS3 and
Intellivision
PSN:YellowJacket_LE2/XBL:YellowJacket LE

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 612 (11,265 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Dec 17, 2013

killahpiff wrote:

Who is anxiously awaiting its release? i cannot wait !!! 

What console will you be playing this on?

I can't wait for Destiny. Getting that on my PS4. 

Feel free to friend me on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/aragost.scott
Message 9 of 612 (11,261 Views)
0 Likes