Uncharted Territory
1413 posts

Re: [INFO] DRIVECLUB Information Thread | v. 1.00

Feb 2, 2014

rouward wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Lastly, very disappointed that it's more MP focused, I just hope the SP is decent.

BRIT-KO

Shame that almost all racing games nowadays are mostly focused on MP thingy.
I couldn't find any new racing sim that doesn't have online (I might give up my gaming live and move on to reality)

Sad reality that we're so 'networked' with today's gaming. It's really nothing you can do. Just look at the shooters for instance. COD and BF4 have tacted-on SP experiences. These games are made for online. That's the way it's gonna be from now on.

Gaming died with the PS2
Gaming in 2016 is a casual scrub's dream
Thank you for ruining a once great hobby
Message 21 of 130 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

Feb 2, 2014

It WAS March 3, but now they pushed it back to April 1, 2014. I didn't add the PlayStation Plus version, and I'll edit thie post with these changes Smiley Happy

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 22 of 130 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1413 posts

Feb 2, 2014

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

It WAS March 3, but now they pushed it back to April 1, 2014. I didn't add the PlayStation Plus version, and I'll edit thie post with these changes Smiley Happy

You did it on purpose! YOU USED UP ALL THE GLUE ON PURPOSE!

But regardless, I figured the March 3rd day was pretty ambitious to say the least. Spring time is still going to be crazy because

• Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • MLB '14: The Show
  • Driveclub
  • Infamous: Second Son

Just a lot of heat coming out. I'll be grabbing three of the four no doubt.

Gaming died with the PS2
Gaming in 2016 is a casual scrub's dream
Thank you for ruining a once great hobby
Message 23 of 130 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3685 posts

Feb 2, 2014

When was March 3rd ever announced as the release date? I've been following Driveclub very carefully and I'm pretty sure that after the initial delay, there was no official release date set.

Message 24 of 130 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4330 posts

Feb 2, 2014

GreatnessRD wrote:

rouward wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Lastly, very disappointed that it's more MP focused, I just hope the SP is decent.

BRIT-KO

I couldn't find any new racing sim that doesn't have online (I might give up my gaming live and move on to reality)

Sad reality that we're so 'networked' with today's gaming. It's really nothing you can do. Just look at the shooters for instance. COD and BF4 have tacted-on SP experiences. These games are made for online. That's the way it's gonna be from now on.

That's what we feared if all upcoming games would requires to be online just to play the game, scrapping SP/offline mode.

Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 25 of 130 (486 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40037 posts

Feb 2, 2014

rouward wrote:

GreatnessRD wrote:

rouward wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

That's what we feared if all upcoming games would requires to be online just to play the game, scrapping SP/offline mode.

Yea, it's starting to get quite annoying now.

i'll take the free PS Plus version, play the single player side of the game, then that'll be about it, oh well.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 26 of 130 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3064 posts

Feb 2, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

rouward wrote:

GreatnessRD wrote:

rouward wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

i'll take the free PS Plus version, play the single player side of the game, then that'll be about it, oh well.

BRIT-KO

Do you not like competing against other people? Playing against AI is only fun for so long.

Message 27 of 130 (464 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40037 posts

Feb 2, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

rouward wrote:

GreatnessRD wrote:

rouward wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

BRIT-KO

Do you not like competing against other people? Playing against AI is only fun for so long.

I've never been much into MP murphdawg, the odd occasion i do play online it's with people on my friends list I know well, but no, it has nothing to do with not wanting to compete.

I always play the SP first, then the MP if I feel the urge, which isn't often.

The point that's being made here is that this & a lot of others games are being built around MP more than SP, that's what annoys some of us.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 28 of 130 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
515 posts

Feb 2, 2014

I don't know about you guys but im really interested in driveclub. I am more of fps type player, while i enjoyed gt 2 back in its day, this game looks pretty good. I played about 20 mins of gt 5, well made just not fun... For people who enjoyed simulators ya i think it would be perfect. I am hoping this game lives up to awesome detail it has been showing. I like good looking games, but the fun factor needs to be there too of course.

Message 29 of 130 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3064 posts

Feb 2, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

rouward wrote:

GreatnessRD wrote:

rouward wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

BRIT-KO

I've never been much into MP murphdawg, the odd occasion i do play online it's with people on my friends list I know well, but no, it has nothing to do with not wanting to compete.

I always play the SP first, then the MP if I feel the urge, which isn't often.

The point that's being made here is that this & a lot of others games are being built around MP more than SP, that's what annoys some of us.

BRIT-KO

Fair enough. I do hope DriveClub allows for at least 2 player play as I think it could be a game I could let my nephew play.

Message 30 of 130 (453 Views)
0 Likes