Wastelander
711 posts

Re: [INFO THREAD] Batman: Arkham Origins

Oct 29, 2013
I must say, I am enjoying this game as well but the multiplayer was too CoD for me. I don't know how to have it work better as I don't care, but I will probably only be playing the main story. No biggie. Fun either way, I am really revved to try I am the Night mode.
Money will buy you a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
Message 41 of 55 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7199 posts

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Info Page

Oct 31, 2013

Quick review so far:

It’s a good game, but it’s easily the worst Arkham game. I’m about a fifth of the way through and so far it’s a mixed bag.

Pros:

*I like how the gadgets feel like prototypes, instead of weapons already in his arsenal.

*I like the Riddler's character in this.

Cons:

*This is supposed to be an origin story so why the Batwing instead of the Batmobile? The same quick travel system could’ve been used with the Batmobile (just be at ground-level, outside).

*There seem to be way too many places (including buildings) that can’t be grappled up. It's dumb. Why can't I grapple onto a flat roof? It's well within reach and there are no spikes?

Photobucket
Message 42 of 55 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Info Page

Nov 3, 2013

I'm enjoying the game, but I've gotten stuck and could use some help!

Spoiler
I'm on the GCPD level and have made it to the server room but can't get any further. I bought the strategy guide and it says to just go through the door on the left to access the basement level, but when I go to that door it says that it is locked. I have checked a couple of different on-line walkthroughs and they say the same thing - just go through the door. Has anyone else had this issue?

Any ideas on how to get past this would be greatly appreciated!

Message 43 of 55 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7199 posts

Dec 3, 2013

added DLC trailer

Photobucket
Message 44 of 55 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7199 posts

Jan 7, 2014

added DLC info

Photobucket
Message 45 of 55 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

In reference to the new DLC, it is obviously heavily borrowing elements from the classic Batman: The Animated Series episode Heart of Ice, the first time Mr. Freeze turns up in the series.

In the episode Freeze is seeking revenge on the CEO that cause the accident the created him and killed his wife. Freeze makes his attack during an event that is presenting the CEO with a Humanitarian Award. The name of the CEO is Ferris Boyle, this name is also in the screenshot for the DLC. Smiley Mad

Message 46 of 55 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1471 posts

Batman Arkham Asylum Question....

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2014

There's something that's been bothering me about Batman Arkham Asylum....About two months back, I was having a disscusion with a guy about the legitimacy of Batman Arkham Asylum. One of his questions about the game was, "Why were the prison inmates being put into the Asylum if they are not insane?" I told him that, "It's because they are not regular prison inmates." I later found out that they are sometimes temporaily moved to Arkham. My question is: Is is due to therapy sessions that they are sent there or something more simple?

Edit: Merged into the Info thread Batman Arkham Origins

photo 8404_8a96_zps4b0191c3.gif

Message 47 of 55 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Question....

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2014

Going to spoiler it just in case anyone hasn't played it.

Spoiler
Blackgate prison got mess up by some fire, if I remember right. So they moved the inmates to the Asylum, it was all part of Jokers plan to get his men inside. That is the reason why normal prisoners were inside. 

Smiley Mad

Message 48 of 55 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1471 posts

Feb 11, 2014

VR_F0X wrote:

Spoiler
Blackgate prison got mess up by some fire, if I remember right. So they moved the inmates to the Asylum, it was all part of Jokers plan to get his men inside. That is the reason why normal prisoners were inside. 

Smiley Mad

That's the thing....That was his question on why though.....And i would like to know to why they are temporaily moved....

photo 8404_8a96_zps4b0191c3.gif

Message 49 of 55 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2014

BlackAceZero777 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Spoiler

Smiley Mad

That's the thing....That was his question on why though.....And i would like to know to why they are temporaily moved....

They had no where else to put them, the prison was too damaged so they moved them to the Asylum temporaily until they found somewhere else to put them. Smiley Mad

Message 50 of 55 (105 Views)
0 Likes