Release Date: October 25
Developer: WB Montreal
Publisher: Warner Brothers
Welcome to the Batman: Arkham Origins Info Page!
‘Cold, Cold Heart’ DLC Out April 22
According to a tweet from the official Twitter page of the game, Batman: Arkham Origins DLC will soon arrive. The post particularly reads, "All-new STORY DLC coming in 2014!"
The post comes with a photo depicting a statue of the "Humanitarian of the Year" award from the Wayne Foundation. Moreover, the statue that is surrounded by ice is holding which seems to be a heart-shaped diamond.
Based on whats in the photo, it can be assumed that Mr. Freeze will be featured in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins DLC. More details are yet to be revealed about the story DLC for the game. But as posted on Kotaku, senior producer for Batman: Arkham Origins shared last year that Batman: Arkham Origins story DLC would "focus on one of the most key relationships in Batman canon." Hinting about the possible content for Batman: Arkham Origins DLC, the post further reads,
The question is, is that relationship Batman and Mr. Freeze, or is Mr. Freeze simply the villain of the story? Could Robin be involved? Is this a remake of Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin?
Furthermore, as posted on Polygon, the announcement about Batman: Arkham Origins DLC follows a teaser image, which was also posted on Twitter, as well as on Facebook. It shows an invitation for the Humanitarian of the Year Awards at the Wayne Manor.
The new DLC will take players to North Korea's Paektu San Mountains where they will play the young Bruce Wayne sprucing up his martial arts skills under the guidance of martial arts guru, Kirigi.
The official synopsis reads, "Set high in the Paektu-San Mountains of North Korea, the Initiation Add-On follows a young Bruce Wayne as he faces his ultimate test. Players will embark upon a series of challenge maps that test their martial arts training across exotic locales, including a bamboo forest and a mountain top monastery. Fans will face fresh enemies along with an epic final test to prove their worthiness to Bruce's greatest and most pitiless teacher, Kirigi," VG247 reported.
The DLC was described by Ames Kirshen, vice president of WB Games, as a "new kind of challenge map pack" with the story part.
This DLC will be inclusive of new challenge maps. It will also include a couple of skin packs, Initiation Bruce and Vigilante Bruce Wayne.
Main Game Info:
- Origins takes place on Christmas Eve early in Batman’s career, before the events of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. The tale is inspired by Batman: Year One and Legends of the Dark Knight.
- Supervillain Black Mask places a hit on Batman’s head, offering a fortune to whoever can off the caped crusader. Assassins and supervillains from across the DC Universe come to Gotham to take their shot at Batman.
- Batman must take on all comers, solve the mystery of why Black Mask wants him dead, and prove to the GCPD that he’s on their side.
- Eric Holmes, who served as lead designer of The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and has experience writing Transformers: Megatron Origins for IDW, was selected to drive the creative vision. He also worked at Epic Games, and so is familiar with the Unreal Engine.
- Rocksteady offered guidance on tech, mechanics and engine, but WB Montreal was left to handle story entirely
- Going with a younger Batman lets the developer “refresh characters, refresh ideas, refresh the dynamic between Batman and other characters, and refresh the world”
- Batman isn’t the character fans know yet
- Gotham is blanketed by snow and Christmas lights decorate the city. It’s Christmas eve.
- Black Mask’s assassins have stirred up criminal activity
- “Old Gotham” hasn’t been turned into an urban prison yet
- The most obvious difference cited between the two period is Amusement Mile, which hasn’t flooded yet
- Batman is trying to figure out why Black Mask wants him dead, and is aiming to use Penguin to get information
- WB Montreal hasn’t tinkered with the free-flow combat: “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it” says senior producer Ben Mattes.
- It has, however, introduced “new layers, new opportunities, and new tactics”
- New enemy types will force Batman to use new moves
- Batman hasn’t honed his skills yet, so his interrogation ends with an unconscious thug. Batman is still unrefined and sometimes pushes things too far.
- Batman scans the thugs phone to get the information he needs
- He summons Batwing to get to the northeast coast, where Penguin’s base of operations is. Players don’t pilot Batwing directly, but it is part of the story sequences and a form of fast travel.
- Glides, ledge takedowns and sleeper holds are back
- Inside Final Offer, an old ship The Penguin has taken over, Batman uses his predator mode.
- Batman can swing from perches and do upside down strikes, like in previous games.
- A new gadget, the Remote Claw, functions much like the grappler in Just Cause 2. Batman can target two objects and pull them together. It can be used to knock enemies together, launch objects at enemies or string up enemies.
- An example combat situation involves stringing an explosive barrel to a perch, luring enemies over, then cutting the rope using a batarang.
- Batman eventually find Penguin talking to a tied up Alberto Falcone, trying to convince him to leave the weapons business, he agrees to tell his father.
- Batman enters and fights Penguin, before interrogating him by lifting him up and smashing into a mirror. Before he can get the information out of him a grapple claw latches onto his ankle and pulls him out of the room. Batman’s tries to get a hold of a door frame, but his arm is stomped on. The mysterious assailant is revealed to be Deathstroke.
- WB Montreal wants to tell a story “within the detective environment”, it mentioned BBC series Sherlock as an inspiration
- In a later segment Batman is in a room and uses his first-person detective vision to figure out the events that occurred in it. Bullet paths and holograms act out his theories as he mutters information and scans points of interest.
- The Batcomputer in the cave runs simulations, players can watch these as much as they want from multiple angles, in slow motion, pause and scrub it. They must find clues to further the investigation
- Small and large cases are spread out over Gotham City, they serve to provide a break from combat scenarios
- Old Gotham district is only half of the game world, another area called New Gotham also exists. It doubles the size of the game world in Arkham City.
- To access content in the city players must dismantle the hacked tower network. These tower emit a jamming signal that stops Batwing from flying there and prevents sensors from placing points of interest. They’re likened to Far Cry 3′s towers.
- Dynamic events dubbed “Crime in Progress” occur in the city. The example given is of saving cops from a group of thugs, or stopped a snitch from being thrown off a roof. Completing these impact Batman’s notoriety.
- A “Most Wanted System” lets players pursue villains outside of the core assassin story
- The Dark Knight system offers tasks that escalate in difficulty. They’re not tutorials, but do train players to be better at combat and stealth. Completing challenges grants XP or upgrades for a particular skillset.
- The system doesn’t replace Challenge mode, which will be included “in one form”
Voice: Roger Craig Smith ( Ezio in Assassin's Creed II and Chris Redfield in Resident Evil 6)
You will play as a younger Batman as he faces pivotal moments in his early career. Players will meet many important figures in the Batman universe for the first time in Arkham Origins.
Robin will appear as a playable character in the online multiplayer mode.
James W. Gordon and Barbara Gordon
In the game, he is only a captain.
Deathstroke is a playable character. The assassin is featured in his own DLC Pre-Order pack, which includes Deathstroke as a playable challenge character, two character skins, and two exclusive challenge maps.
Black Mask will serve as the primary nemesis. He places the bounty on Batman.
Splash Damage is creating the multiplayer component of the game. This is the first time an Arkham game is set to have multiplayer of any kind.
Batman: Arkham Origins multiplayer takes the series' trademark Invisible Predator gameplay online, and allows you to play as Batman, Robin, or an elite member of The Joker or Bane's gang in 3 vs 3 vs 2 multiplayer matches. Watch the official reveal trailer to see it in action:
Latest News and Trailers
Batman: Arkham Origins producer, Guillaume Voghel, has revealed an extra hard “I Am the Night” mode for the game.
“We have a new difficulty level, New Game Plus is coming pack, that’s really difficult,” he told Eurogamer, “And when you’re done with that there’s I Am the Night mode, which is no saves and one life.”
He also explained the first piece of DLC for the game which will see you playing as Bruce Wayne, not Batman. “That’s a really cool one,” he said, “Narratively there’s some added content that will give players a little more background story.”
The main story and side missions of Batman: Arkham Originswill take around twelve hours to complete but collecting everything will take “much, much longer”.
source: Sixth Axis
^ Sucks they disable saving altogether meaning you have to marathon it. No matter how much I like a game, I’m not playing for 12 hours straight?!
Players who purchase the $20 pass will receive access to five upcoming downloadable content packs.
The Batman: Arkham Origins season pass includes the Gotham by Gaslight and Brightest Day Batman skins, as well as the New Millennium and Infinite Earths skin packs.
The pass also features Arkham Origins Initiation, a new mode where gamers will play as Bruce Wayne before he became Batman. This includes a "final test to prove himself worthy" in a battle against his teacher, Kirigi.
Lastly, the season pass for Batman: Arkham Origins includes an all-new story campaign. No details about this expansion were provided.
1960′s TV show Adam West skin. Exclusive to the PS3 along with the Knightfall skin.
Glide 26 miles total
►Anyone see that?
Complete a predator encounter without ever being spotted
►Around the World
Use the Batwing to travel to all Fast Travel points
Fully upgrade a weapon in multiplayer
Kill a Hero to bring back your entire gang when at 0 reinforcements on a full multiplayer server
Decipher one Extortion File
Stop 20 Crime in Progress
►Crime Scene Investigator
Complete all Casefiles
Collect all Enigma items
Reach max level with the Bane faction in multiplayer
Successfully battle Shiva without taking any damage
►Free Flow Fifty
Reach x50 Combo
Reach max overall level in multiplayer
Master the Gotham Protector Dark Knight track
►I Like Those Odds
As a Hero, defeat 4 Elites within 40 seconds without using melee in multiplayer
►I’ve Got This
Acquire all upgrades
Reach max level with the Joker faction in multiplayer
►Know Thy Enemy
Defeat each of the enemy players at least once in a multiplayer match
Earn a level of prestige in multiplayer
►Not An Ordinary Criminal
As an Elite, earn 4000 XP in a single multiplayer match
►One down, several to go
Complete a Most Wanted entry
►One of Each
Use every Freeflow Focus gadget in one combo
Obtain all the medals on Combat Training maps
Complete Deathstroke without failing a single counter
►Point to Point
Glide across Bridge without touching ground
Take down 6 different Elites in a match, using 6 different methods as Batman or Robin in multiplayer
Master the Shadow Vigilante Dark Knight track
Shut down an entire Tower Network
Complete a predator encounter using only silent takedowns
►Tales of Gotham
Win a round of each map with each faction in multiplayer
►Thanks, old friend
Hear everything Alfred has to say
►Voice of the People
Scan 20 Anarky Tags
►What hit me?
Take down 100 enemies who didn’t know you were there
►World’s Greatest Detective
Master the World’s Greatest Detective Dark Knight track
Master the Worst Nightmare Dark Knight track
Complete all Most Wanted missions
►First Riddler Trophy
Collect every collectible
►Give Them Something to Believe
Complete New Game Plus
►Legend of the Dark Knight
Complete all Dark Knight challenges
Obtain all medals on the original Ranked Maps in Challenge mode (as Batman)
Obtain all medals on the original Campaign maps in Challenge mode (as Batman)
Obtain all the medals on Custom maps in Challenge mode
►The Innocent and the Predatory
Capture all of Black Mask’s Assassins
Gold & Platinum Trophies
►I Am The Night
Finish I Am The Night Mode
Secret Trophies | 6 Hidden Below
Identify Black Mask’s assassins
►Everyone wears masks
Find the Black Mask
►Nobody that matters
Who is the Joker?
►One eye open
Save a life
►Perhaps sooner, Perhaps later
Defeat the Joker
First off, I must say that I felt very skeptical at first with this titles' announcement. 3 (or 4) trailers, 1 gamplay demo and a bunch of developper interviews later, my point of view has changed quite a bit
Even with the lack of the original Joker and Batman, the new voices are very close, if not on par. It's also great to see how Bane isn't a huge bumbling idiot now. Not to mention all the new villains. I sure am looking foward to seeing Firefly in-game!
Another story element that is looking very interesting is the involvement of the Gotham city police and the Batcave.
As for the gameplay, it seems like things are being taken very safe, which I guess is a good and bad thing. The good? This series has always had good gameplay. The bad? Changes have only been minor. A bigger map, new gadgets, enemy types and a more developped detective mode all look like good additions, but will it be enough to be worth a sequel? Looks like that is yet to be seen.
However, here's what I really liked hearing a dev say: The boss fights will be testing everything the player has learned over the course game. Now THAT'S how you do a boss fight. Not some bigger enemy with more health that evey other game seems to have.
And that's my opinion. Multiplayer? I don't really care, but hey, I'll play it if it's fun enough. This might also be the first game I ever pre-order.
This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.