Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
556 posts

Re: IN YOUR FACE: NO PSP2... YET. LETS PUSH DIGITAL FORMAT

Jun 26, 2010

its not completely true that developers do not want to have games go the DD way. in fact most would like it better if it went that way. controlled cost and more money going to the developers themselves through a DD with no middle men (aka retail store) adding inflated prices to cover overhead.

its the public and the perception of the digital only way is that is the problem. people still want physical media, they want to be able to re sell (something that developers and their publishers would rather not have happening since they make 0 profit on the used games market) and show off people their mass collection of stockpiled games

to put it blunt people dont want change because they are afraid of losing the comforts of what they already know

Message 51 of 57 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Jun 26, 2010

rego00123 wrote:

its not completely true that developers do not want to have games go the DD way. in fact most would like it better if it went that way. controlled cost and more money going to the developers themselves through a DD with no middle men (aka retail store) adding inflated prices to cover overhead.

its the public and the perception of the digital only way is that is the problem. people still want physical media, they want to be able to re sell (something that developers and their publishers would rather not have happening since they make 0 profit on the used games market) and show off people their mass collection of stockpiled games

to put it blunt people dont want change because they are afraid of losing the comforts of what they already know

Not all of us.

I haven't bought any* physical software in years. Since before the PSP. I always bought downloads of my PC software. Same for music. When the PSP came out, I rarely played games. I had WipEout Pure on UMD (*I never bought it, it was a gift,) but everything else I had on the PSP was downloaded. Same thing for my iPhone. I love to show off all of the apps I have on it, and none of them are physical formats. All digital. 

I don't want to change because I don't need to.

I future-proofed myself.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Message 52 of 57 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jun 26, 2010

rego00123 wrote:

To put it bluntly, don't pretend you understand everyone then make up some poor excuse. You don't know why everyone is against DD.

Message 53 of 57 (125 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Jul 29, 2010

Can't I get Kudoed for this lol

Message 54 of 57 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Jul 29, 2010

rego00123 wrote:

But you don't notice other venues trying to stop used, like car companys have embraced it like toyota certified used cars.

It jus goes to show some people's greed.

We are affraid of a lot of things like loosing are games I have had to sign up for another psn account already because sony couldn't fix the errors I was gettting but signing up for a new account fixed it right away. I have had zero problems with umd.

Message 55 of 57 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Jul 29, 2010

APVangeliLHS wrote:

rego00123 wrote:

Not all of us.

I haven't bought any* physical software in years. Since before the PSP. I always bought downloads of my PC software. Same for music. When the PSP came out, I rarely played games. I had WipEout Pure on UMD (*I never bought it, it was a gift,) but everything else I had on the PSP was downloaded. Same thing for my iPhone. I love to show off all of the apps I have on it, and none of them are physical formats. All digital. 

I don't want to change because I don't need to.

I future-proofed myself.

LOL even beta max had fans

Message 56 of 57 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Looking BAck at this, With my PS Vita .... what more can I say... I was somewhat right :smileyhappy: 

Message 57 of 57 (123 Views)
0 Likes