Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 16 2010
By: jocdc88 Splicer 61 posts

IN YOUR FACE: NO PSP2... YET. LETS PUSH DIGITAL FORMAT

56 replies 154 views Edited Jun 16, 2010

E3 was one of the most expected event mainly due to all the rumors about a PSP2 coming out. Gladly, it was not announced today (6/15/10). 

What led me to believe that the PSP2 would not be announced was because the PSP 3000 is still selling strong and apparently the PSP go is a huge success in Japan. Also, SOny is doing bundles and marketing for the product. 

However, what has caused the lack of popularity for the PSP go?  Even though people have said that it is the fact that it has no UMDs, we all KNOW that is not true. When new systems come out, it is rare that they mantain compatibility. It would be expected that the PSP2 wont take UMDs. Even if it goes with Physical copies it most likely would be something more advance. Anyhow, in this age and time DIGITAL IS THE WAY TO GO. Who doesn't have internet? and if you truly are a sony fan, who doesn't have a PS3? Digital is much easier.... but what really caused the lack of popularity is the PRICING. I think that the price will go down for the PSP go... or major digital bundles will be coming out for it. Those two options should be welcomed.

To those people who are very impatient and believe that SONY should do this and should do that and should it now..etc... All I can say is PATIENCE. I am sure Sony has learned from their mistakes and they will be taking out better versions of the PSP.

For now, Let's push DIGITAL!!! The more we push DIGITAL Format/Download, the more developers will make the games available in such FORMAT. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 57 (154 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Re: IN YOUR FACE: NO PSP2... YET. LETS PUSH DIGITAL FORMAT

Jun 16, 2010

Yeah If they announced a new PSP people wouldn't buy the Peace Walker bundle and hold off for the new PSP.  Peace Walker is being marketed as a big system seller now so why make a new system.  The only thing I expected was a price drop for the go.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 57 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jun 16, 2010

I bought my PSP go the Day Peace walker was released. I have had all version of the PSP (even bought several of them in different points of its existence). I think the PSP Go is great! I also made my first PSP GO PSN Purchase which was PEACEWALKER. Awesome game, still haven't beaten it. Wish I had people to do the CO op with or the time to do that. 

The only problem with the PSPs is that once you have a PS3 you mainly prefer buying the "big games" for the Ps3 instead. still like the fact that i can store so much music and videos in the PSP go. Will be buying the memory cards soon

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 57 (154 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jun 16, 2010

why does everyone act like the psp2 isnt needed because the psp go just came out?  Its exactly the same system, plays exactly the same games, same specs, everything and lacks the main thing that is making people cry for a psp2 (second analog nub L2/R2).  The graphics are outdated and I think I saw on g4 yesterday or something it said in the handheld market psp is at like 10% of sales behind apple and nintendo is at something crazy like 75%.

With the way games are now (primitive controls due to 1 analog stick and only 1 of each shoulder button) as well as graphics hardly better than ps1 im really finding it hard to spend my money on games that arent ps1 classics.  I will patiently wait for the psp2, but people shouldnt expect us to be satisfied with a remade version of the psp that cant play the games that I already bought umds for.  Calling the pspgo the "psp2" is like saying the ps2 slim is the ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 57 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jun 16, 2010

Also not to mention PSN+ I(<--KEYWORD) believe we will start to see more support. I sure to hope I am not the only one thinking this though.

I hope PSN+ actually helps psp though. Either way I love my go and I would not part with it! Why are people hating? Really... No umd , price , psn store updates?  Price is high. But you get what you pay for. Video player/ Music player / games /Browser(limited of course) / Bluetooth /

Very nice design + small enough to throw into your pocket and leave the house while your walking to your door.

Each has there own opinions on everything in this world. Here is my opinion on this one Gadget " I am 250 dollars less but can't be happier!"

S_O

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 57 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Jun 16, 2010

The PSPgo is a failure in Japan as well.

Same problem with Kinect it's expspensive and there's no games. By no games for the go I mean a lot of previous games aren't availble.

Sony shouldn't have released the go mid life-cylce of the PSP.

Digital Format should be pushed though, there should also be a push for reduced price, renting, as well as returnability.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 57 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Jun 16, 2010
i love my go more than any psp i have ever owned i have had two pahts a 2000 and a 3000 and my go is by far the best there is still like ten games i want from the ps1 classics section and i like to rent movies via media go over iTunes, i also own a ipod touch and that is really just for utlities apps and music the go is for movies and games i use the psp way more (i actually lost my usb cable so the psp is on standby until i buy my cable again.) i think the section for psp was great. The games they showed were all AAA games i think it would be cool to have a GOW themed 3000 and a GOw themed go launched with a voucher for the game and a both should be red. Or even a 3rd birthday themed psp. BE#sides there is always TGS also, the psp go is doing extremely well in japan
so many people look to GOD for the answer to thier struggles few ever look inside for the strength they so desperatley need

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is
just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die.
And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about
justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 57 (154 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Jun 16, 2010

supernoob wrote:

why does everyone act like the psp2 isnt needed because the psp go just came out? Uhh.. I have not read anyone saying it is the psp2

Its exactly the same system,You could say that. plays exactly the same games Yep, same specs, everything Nope I don't think it has bluetooth. DD only 16gb HDD. I see what your getting at though.

and lacks the main thing that is making people cry for a psp2 (second analog nub L2/R2).  Second analog is all I want. I could careless for the r2/l2 Would be hard to place it on something thats suppose to be portable!

The graphics are outdated People are already crying for a HD portable console? Man humans are getting more and more picky!

and I think I saw on g4 yesterday or something it said in the handheld market psp is at like 10% of sales behind apple and nintendo is at something crazy like 75%. No comment

With the way games are now (primitive controls due to 1 analog stick and only 1 of each shoulder button) as well as graphics hardly better than ps1 Its a Portable console/media player.

im really finding it hard to spend my money on games that arent ps1 classics. I will be getting many games in the near future! 

I will patiently wait for the psp2, but people shouldnt expect us to be satisfied with a remade version of the psp that cant play the games that I already bought umds for.  You were never forced to buy a Go. They even said that they will keep supporting the 3000.

Calling the pspgo the "psp2" is like saying the ps2 slim is the ps3. You are correct, Although I still don't recall seeing anyone call it the psp2.

S_O

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 57 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jun 16, 2010

jocdc88 wrote:and apparently the PSP go is a huge success in Japan.

LOL, no it's not.

Not even close.

HAPPY owner of a PSP GO/PSP 1000
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 57 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jun 16, 2010

pandaSmore wrote:

The PSPgo is a failure in Japan as well. Proof? Either way I don't care if it failed. I love mine and won't get rid of it.

Same problem with Kinect it's expspensive and there's no games. By no games for the go I mean a lot of previous games aren't availble. There are games missing. But I couldn't care less for alot of them.

Sony shouldn't have released the go mid life-cylce of the PSP. I am happy they did. I probly would not have a psp right now.

Digital Format should be pushed though, there should also be a push for reduced price, renting, as well as returnability. I agree it should. Hopefully the PSN+ does help it. There seems to be alot of places selling them for reduced prices brand new+3freegames! after a 2week wait . I can see issues with returnability though. Price seems fine to me. And renting would be a pretty cool feature.

S_O

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 57 (154 Views)
0 Likes