Highlighted
Mar 16 2011
By: Ausomness Splicer 61 posts
Accepted Solution

ID & PSP??????

5 replies 32 views Edited Mar 16, 2011

Say you own a psp, which you probably do if your reading this discussion, do you then have the ability to create a portable ID???? I think I've made one, but I can't really tell and when I paste my url for it in a blog it doesnt change to the ID format....also if you do have a ID, how is it affected by your psp? What I think is my ID no levels, no trophies (which I'm aware you cant get trophies on a psp - yet anyways), but it is half way filled with points....do I level up with more points? Or am I not looking at the right thing? Or is the bottom line that you can't use a portable ID with a psp?

thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Re: ID & PSP??????

Mar 16, 2011

Well I'm not really sure what you 'created' but I can tell you that it's probably not a portable ID for the PSP b/c it doesn't have one. Now you CAN create a PSN ID which you could then use to access the PSN store from the PSP, but you cannot earn trophies through the PSP--as you stated you know. I'm not really sure I can say I know what you mean by 'points earned', can you elaborate on what you mean?

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Message 2 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 16, 2011

Ausomness wrote:

Say you own a psp, which you probably do if your reading this discussion, do you then have the ability to create a portable ID???? I think I've made one, but I can't really tell and when I paste my url for it in a blog it doesnt change to the ID format....also if you do have a ID, how is it affected by your psp? What I think is my ID no levels, no trophies (which I'm aware you cant get trophies on a psp - yet anyways), but it is half way filled with points....do I level up with more points? Or am I not looking at the right thing? Or is the bottom line that you can't use a portable ID with a psp?

thanks!

Yor portable ID is the log in you use for the PSN network, it can be used on these forums, your PS3 or PSP. If you have a PS3 the image that can be used in your signature on this and any other forums will be updated with your trophies.

Message 3 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 16, 2011

ok, thanks, you mostly answered it. . .I was thinking of like the card thingy that shows your trophies, points, and levels, but as you said the psp doesnt have one (yet) , the way I was figuring it was that it just says you have no trophies.....it's all really confusing....

Message 4 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 16, 2011

You helped with the answer a lot too, but I can only credit one person....

Message 5 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Mar 16, 2011

Ah, got ya. I see what you meant by points now, lol. You where refering to the amount totaled trophy numbers seen. Well, as Capt. said, if you do have a PS3 and your using the same ID you created and you've played any (PS3) games w/ trophy support, then the 'points' you saw were probably trophies that you earned.

Thing is, sometimes you have to manually refresh your portable ID to reflect any trophies that you might have recently earned.

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Message 6 of 6 (32 Views)
0 Likes