Treasure Hunter
4391 posts

Re: I was wrong.

Jun 20, 2012

Well you were told wrong.  Most of their games are developed and run in native 720p.  Then they are upscaled to 1080p.

And did you even read what I wrote?  I didn't say their processor was better.  Quite the opposite.  I said they had a dedicate upscaling chip.  Which is a separate thing entirely from the processor or the GPU.  It just handles upscaling.  If you took that chip out the other console wouldn't be able to upscale anything under any circumstances, as it is not powerful enough to do software upscaling while running a game.

The PS3 didn't include one due to cost reasons, but it's processing power is great enough that it can do software upscaling at the same time as processing a running game, if the developers are coding their game efficiently enough.  Which many of them don't do.

Clear now?  Or do you need to clean your glasses again?

Be One With The Game.

Message 31 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 20, 2012

I know for a fact ps3 processor is better, and i know for a fact the competitions gpu is better.  What you said the reason for ps3 not having all games in 1080p is processing power and thats BS.  Its got better processors its a known fact, and when your playing a game you arent using that processor for nuthing more then that game and if you go to the xmb you can only send messages.  Theres no use for that processor so why not 1080p all games?  Thats why i know what you said was BS.  Thats what i was pointing out.

I guess you didnt read mine, cause not once did i say the other console had more processing power.  I guess that points to the intellegence im up against?

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 32 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4391 posts

Jun 20, 2012

You have no idea how ridiculous what you just said is, do you?

Do you even know what the theoretical difference is between a native signal and an upscaled signal?

No one said the PS3 can't run games in a native 1080p resolution.  The games are not programmed to display in those resolutions.  If a game is not programmed to display in 1080p natively, it won't, period.  No matter how powerful the processor is.  The only way to get such a game to display in 1080 is to then upscale it after the fact.

This is done by either a dedicated upscaling chip downstream, or by re-processing the finished rendered image through a software routine in the main processor.  Which is actually more taxing on the processor than just rendering the game in 1080 in the first place.

Most developers don't code for 1080 native resolution because 1, they are making the game for multiple platforms, one of which is not capable of handling 1080 native with very complex games.  And 2, because it adds more time, work and cost to the game development cycle.

And why am I explaining this to someone who doesn't even understand what I am saying.

READ A TEXT BOOK!

Be One With The Game.

Message 33 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4391 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Yes depending on what else is expected of the processor at the time.  It could theoretically display 4K resolution, if all it had to do was render and texture a single polygon.

But it doesn't.  The more that is being asked of it, the less resources it has for resolution.  If a game is using large areas with multiple objects, complex lighting and animations, all of this reduces how much power is left for resolution.  The developers then find the balance between resolution and the other graphical features they want to include that allows the frame rate to be at an acceptable level.  Then they LOCK IT IN. to that resolution.  So everytime the image is rendered, it is at the resolution they decided on.  Be it 1080, 720 or 640.

This is the native resolution.  The resolution it is leaving the GPU at.  That doesn't change.  Once a 720p resolution frame leaves the GPU there are two options to get it to a 1080 resolution.  It is either fed to a separate chip that does nothing but upscaling, then output to the TV.  This is the way the other console does it.

Or, the frame is buffered and fed back to the main CPU, where a running software algorithm calculates the upscaled frame image.  It is then fed back to the GPU and quickly 2D rendered again, then output to the TV.

Skyrim was messing up because they didn't code it properly for the PS3s specific memory configuration, which they patched by the way.

Get it.  Is it clear now?  Of course not, because you couldn't grasp simple concept if you tripped over it, so stop wasting everyone else's time with your ignorant rants and pointless drivel.

I'm done here.

Be One With The Game.

Message 34 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 20, 2012

You are in such denial, thats fine though as i said earlier.  Its not that complicated to understand.  Everything has a job and thats all.  Why would anyone want to route this job to another piece back to another piece back to another piece.  Its not happening that way, I promise you.

If it was happening that way, then they would have to keep rebuilding our ps3s.  Its not happening that way.

You keep changing stuff as you go to.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 35 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4391 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Then call Sony, or a Game Dev and ask them how software upscaling works on the PS3 then.

My explanation was greatly simplified (obviously not simplified enough for you), but it conveys the gist of what is going on.

Keep stumbling around in the dark.

Bye.

Be One With The Game.

Message 36 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Your very wrong, computers can hit high end resolutions provided the Graphics card can handle.  They make these games on a computer, so whatever resolution they want to use they can slap it on a disc.  Especially a bluray disk.  I think 720p with some games is just to much for ps3 to handle.  Such as Skyrim, Fallouts, they keep locking up. By the end of your game the save file is so corrupted from all the lockups its impossible to play.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-405142/does-screen-resolution-affect-gpu-performance/  Pay close attention to number 2.

Why do you think they dont make these games for Wii, they have to take that 2nd nerfing step for ps3.  They dont want to take a 3rd nerfing step.  They take one for the competition as well, from the one that they put out for the pc. They prolly dont even want to take a 2nd nerfing step.  Id figure it would be as easy as pushing a button and making your computer make it 720p but i dont know?

Its prolly not that easy considering the GPU isnt equally as powerful as the other.

Message 37 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Finally Goodbye, have fun stumbling around in the dark.

I found out there was people like you.  When you start losing you resort to insults like thus said above.  Thats how i know i win.  You got followers to boot, thats even more funny.

Message 38 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16065 posts

Jun 20, 2012

You were banned because PEOPLE REPORTED YOU. And you got enough reports on you to warrant being banned MULTIPLE times.

It is not because people like me and Sarge are somehow covering up for Sony. YOU are speading MISINFORMATION, and passing it off as fact. And you reply to almost every thread about the PS3's issues as if you had a PS3.

Im beginning to doubt you own even ONE PS3, much less 5 of them.

You are actually proving me, and anyone else who is trying to explain to you, right.

But yet you are so thick headed, that you will try everything under the sun to save face.

If you say the PS3 is the more superior console, then why do we all get the feeling that you think the opposite.

HOW do you know "for a fact" that the xbox GPU is better? Its actually NOT. the xbox GPU WILL NOT RENDER IN 1080i/p, A SEPARATE HARDWARE UPSCALE CHIP HAS TO HANDLE THE 1080 signal.

Like Sarge said... the PS3 CPU and GPU can handle the upscaling WHEN IT IS PROGRAMMED TO DO SO BY THE DEVELOPER. ANY processor can outperform the competition ONLY if it is programmed to do so.

You say that games are made on computers right? Yes you are right, but you are also WRONG. You do know that every developer, gets whats called a DEVELOPMENT KIT/TOOL..... this is basically a desktop computer that has ALL of the hardware the production console gets, but it has a separate part of it that is used to create the game.

Yes, on some games, they are made on a separate computer, but they are all TESTED through a dev kit

Of course ANY GPU can handle whatever you throw at it IF YOU PROGRAM IT A CERTAIN WAY.

Here, I even started the search for you so you can do some heavy reading on these development kits

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PS2+Tool

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Xbox+360+development+kit

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PS3+development+kit

Skyrim and Fallout have issues on the PS3 BECAUSE IT WAS PORTED FROM THE PC VERSION AND WAS RUSHED. IT WAS NEVER OPTIMIZED TO RUN ON THE PS3 CORRECTLY. Thats why people have issues with freezing and corrupted game saves. They patched all that recently and ALL IS WELL NOW.

You said:

I know for a fact ps3 processor is better, and i know for a fact the competitions gpu is better.  What you said the reason for ps3 not having all games in 1080p is processing power and thats BS.  Its got better processors its a known fact, and when your playing a game you arent using that processor for nuthing more then that game and if you go to the xmb you can only send messages.  Theres no use for that processor so why not 1080p all games?  Thats why i know what you said was BS.  Thats what i was pointing out.

What does the processor have to do with the XMB? You obviously have never read the article about the in-game xmb.

WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME, THE GAME WILL NOT LET GO OF ANY RAM ONCE IT HAS WHAT IT NEEDS TO RUN WHICH MEANS THERE IS ALMOST NOTHING LEFT FOR THE IN-GAME XMB TO DO ANYTHING MORE EXCEPT SEND MESSAGES. If you havent, then google it.

Christ. The issue is NOT which is better or does a better job.

The issue is YOU not being able to handle people telling you FACTS from experience.

Uncharted 2 and Assassins Creed 2 WILL PLAY IN 1080 because they were programmed to upcale.

I told you, YET AGAIN, that I disabled 720 in my display settings, AND NO GAME I LISTED WENT TO 480 BECAUSE THOSE GAMES WERE CODED TO UPSCALE THROUGH SOFTWARE. NOT FROM MY TV.

THEY ALL WENT TO EITHER 1080i or 1080p. But yet you are so backwards in your thinking that its a wonder how you can even use the bathroom sitting down.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 39 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 23, 2012

Not a book!!!!  Im sorry i cant put up with this much longer, all i do is prove my points and you call it misinformation.  I been banned wrongfully numerous times due to fan boys that cant accept the truth.  Thats all i do is tell the truth and im not the only one that is typing the same thing.  When i find others even in other countries typing the same thing, that halfway knows the truth atleast.  Thats more then i can say for you guys that are harrasing me about telling the truth.  You say, none of us know.  I catch you guys in lies and changing your stories every post.  Its not my fault, I didnt do that.

Message 40 of 41 (35 Views)
0 Likes