Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Re: I was wrong.

Jun 17, 2012

I think anyone with half a brain knows im right, so that isnt saying much.  Honest proof is what i ask for cause if i had a way to record i could show you my tv displaying the games in 720p the signal pops up saying 720p.  If i want that 720p to fill my screen the signal says 720p full i believe.  If i dont want that signal to fill my screen and display in native it says 720p full pixel.  Full pixel looks awesome, 720p full looks like its blown up and it looks ok but alot of times its more blurry.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 21 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 17, 2012

wrong they have control of how labeling happens on developers games.  Trust me you did not, if you did you would tell me what game so i could try it and prove you lie.

Your tv is blowing up a 720p game and making it full screen, and you think its 1080p as did I.  Thats whats going on, you did not go in display settings and uncheck the 720p from the ps3 xmb.  If you did you would see the difference cause it would be Wii at best graphics.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 22 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16262 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Oh now you want the NAME of the games, instead of video?

Ok.... Gran Turismo 5

Metal Gear Solid 4

Assasins Creed 1 and 2

Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2

Uncharted 2

Uncharted  3

Call of Duty Black Ops

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Echochrome

Dead Space 1 and 2

So far, these are the games I own and have tried. I unchecked 720p, and left only 480i/p and 1080i/p selected..... Only Uncharted 2 and 3 ran in 1080i, even though the game has a 720p native resolution.

The rest ran in 1080p.

I have a few more games if you still doubt me.....

Like I said.... I can provide you video

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 23 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Ok, ill open uncharted 2 and see.  I dont have none of them other games though dead space 2 and it was either 1080ior p ill agree.

I have assasins creed part 2 as well and part 1 but i didnt bother with part one, it didnt have trophies.

Mgs4 i have but i didnt bother with it cause it had no trophies,  its been boxed and assasin creed 1 has been boxed but they was boxed before i got this fancy tv to.

Remember when i open these games and install them i got 5 ps3s and im talking from 5 ps3 experience, 2 which are hooked up this fancy tv.

Im going to tell you what resolution is the native that is displayed on ps3 for Dead Space 2, Uncharted 2, and Assasins creed 2.  I agree final fantasy 13 is native 1080p and i know dead space 2 is either 1080i or p.  On the box of assasins creed it says 1080p, on the box of dead space 2 it says 1080i and on the box of uncharted it says 720p.

Im going to tell you exactly what my tv says these 3 games are.  Ok Dead space 2 is 1080p Full pixel it posts on box 1080i, i knew that one was one or other cause it filled screen.  I got my tv set up to play in native resolutions only.  Assasin creed 2 looks like 720p but let me install it and make sure. Its next and its game box posts it at 1080p remember.  Yep Assasins creed 2 plays native 720p Full pixel,  However if i want that to fill my screen i just change a tv setting and it will be labeled 720p Full but it wont look as good blown up.  Now for Uncharted 2 or do i even need to continue?

You can sit here and argue with me all night long but i got a very good tv, and i think i know now why best buy was trying to talk me out of getting this one.  their ps3 game sales droped by me.  heres a few more games that has a posting of 1080p on the game box that isnt Grand theft auto 4 and the expansions they both post 1080p on the box and come up as 720p as does Assasins creed 2.  I got alot more to that has but i platinumed them and they are boxed.

Its not that, thats made my buying of ps3s drop its that i usually wait till they drop to 10-20 bucks and buy a ton of them.  I have found out that i wont be able to platinum the online trophies doing that and thats what has killed me buying them.   Just letting you guys know.  The proof for me is what my tv says its displaying and assasin creed 2 the game box says 1080p but its displaying 720p.  Dead Space2 1080p, final fantasy 13 1080p, God of war psp remakes 1080p

I think Assains creed 2 isnt that good either, I liked sabatour better.  I didnt have to look up nuthing for that game and it looks like i got to look up everything for this one.  Its a pretty cool game but still its 720p.  Im used to doing more to climb buildings then just pushing up.  That screwed me up a bit.

Message 24 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16262 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Notice how you said to tell you which games SUPPORT 1080i/p.... not what games are native 1080.

All the games I posted have a native resolution of at least 720 and all are 1080 compatible.

So you've proven youself wrong.

Why are you telling my to disable 720p and see what resolutioin each game displays at, if you're going to lie to me and say that Assassins Creed 2 displays at 720p? I thought for fairness you would have disabled 720p. Sorry, but once again your idiocy shows no bounds

I say again.... each game I listed, I had 720p disabled in the PS3.... so that if a game on that list does not support 1080, then it would default to 480...... my TV does not upscale anything as it is a budget HDTV I bought for my bedroom.

But gosh golly look what happened..... all the games I listed displayed in 1080i/p and they all had the same image quality. No blurring, no issues with text, no stretching, nothing.

And then here you go, going on about how AC2 displays at 720p...... The whole discussion is not about native resolutioin, its about what games SUPPORT 1080i/p resolutions.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 25 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 20, 2012

lol, i got the games to prove you wrong, thats why i asked.  I guarantee uncharted 2 had i opened.  It would of been 720p according to my tv cause Sony games always has the right resolution printed on their game boxes.  Although they do have control of what developers post on their game boxes.

The game system will downscale but never upscale.  Even though the Assassins Creed 2 game box says 1080p, if you uncheck 720p on the system.  If the game is not in fact 1080i/p which it isnt then, your system will send out a 480p signal to your tv.  When your hd 1920x1080p tv blows that up it really looks awful.  I figured that might put you in the understanding category but as i can see all it did was make you lie more.

You are funny when your angry btw.  You must of seen something you didnt like?

Message 26 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4391 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Oh for god's sake.

Look here is how upscaling is handled on the PS3, and it only upscales games to 1080i.

Unlike other hardware, the PS3 does not have a dedicated upscaling chip.  All upscaling it does is through software.  As such, any games that natively display at 720p that support 1080i is at the discretion of the game developer.  They have to write code into the game to have a portion of the Cell processor upscale the resolution of the game.

This is only done, if the developer has that amount of processor resources available to them in their game.  Otherwise, they won't do it.

This was done to allow some degree of backwards compatibility to older TVs that did not display 720p at all, and only had 1080i HD resolution options.

Thus, the way it works is, the PS3 will display in the game's native 720p resolution if that resolution is listed as a possible option for your TV.  If 720p is not listed as a possible option for your TV, the PS3 will upscale to 1080i, only if the developer has included the code to allow this.  If they have not, the PS3 will downscale to the next highest resolution listed for the TV, which is 480p.

When the PS3 is upscaling games to 1080i it can look bad for two reasons.  First it is only 1080i  which means at any given moment you are only displaying 540 lines of resolution.  As it is an interlaced signal.

The second, and most important reason is because it is taking valuable processor resources to do the upscaling, which depending on how good the developers are, often means they have to sacrifice something else just to make it happen.  Typically resulting in textures not being rendered as detailed, thus resulting in a slightly blurry look.

Clear now.

Watching you try to discuss resolutions is like watching a used car salesman try to discuss Quantum Physics.

Be One With The Game.

Message 27 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Im sure im closer to being right then you know, considering i been banned multiple times for saying this same stuff.  Heres what you need to think about considering you say it takes processor to do thus resolution.  The ps3 is supposed to have ultimate processing power.  The only games i ever see that are all 1080p that my tv says are is the other consoles with less processing power but more gpu power.

Message 28 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4391 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Because the other console has a dedicated Hardware upscaler.  A specific chip that does nothing but upscale video signals.  Like they put in upscaling DVD players.  The PS3 didn't have one.

The fact that the PS3 can do software upscaling of a native 720p game at all is a testimate to how much processing power it has.  No other console on the market would be able to achieve that.

So please.  Learn how things technically work before you go off half cocked.

Be One With The Game.

Message 29 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 20, 2012

I was told different, I was told the other consoles games are all 1080p cause thats the way they was made due to the gpu being better.  Nuthing of the processor being better.

Message 30 of 41 (41 Views)
0 Likes