Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Re: I was wrong.

Jun 16, 2012

Awesome Grey, but what im saying is the majority of ps3 games is 720p.  I aint saying that dont compare to the 360s 1080p, provided you display the game on a 1266x720p screen.  I am saying blowing up that resolution on a 1920x1080p screen makes it look blurry and nasty. So you are taking a loss on either bluray movies or most ps3 games if you pick either or tv.  Unless the tv can display native 720p as does mine, but it the native display, will not fill your screen and look good in that resolution cause its a huge stretch.  Hints the picture of the TV blowing up signals on the game boxes.  There are however some ps3 games that are 1080i/p though.

On a 46 inch 1080p tv, the native 720p games only fills a triangle box in the center of that screen 26 inch or so.  I dont know, i dont measure, something like that though.  I can however make my tv blow up that signal if i so desire to fill the entire 1920x1080p surface but that stretch makes 720p Ps3 games look like crap.  Wii is horrible, blown up that big but if i native my wii signal its to small to see in my 46 inch tv. 480p is horrible and 720p is pretty bad, 1080i/p is awesome.  All 360 games are upscaled or native, i was told they was made to display it.

Skyrim looks excellent on 360 but i dont want to start over cause they 720 and ps4 is comming out soon.  My tv says its 1920x1080i/p i forget which one but it was awesome looking and smooth.  Im just keeping in mind that most games stayed 720p on this console so whichever has the best resolution without hidden lies on the game boxes is the one im getting next.  Such as a tv image blowing up a 720p signal to stretch across a 1080p but they say its 1080p.  Thats a lie and this console did alot of that i got the games and tv to prove it.  Its even a sony tv btw.

I dont have a head injury?

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 11 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6807 posts

Jun 16, 2012

What games say 1080p that aren't actually 1080p?  I'm only aware of very few (disc-based) games that are 1080p.  You mentioned Skyrim, but the game says 1080i, not p.  I'm not sure if it displays in 1080i if you force it, but 720p is better so it defaults to that

Message 12 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 16, 2012

TheDster wrote:

lol, you know im so right and cant handle it.  Lies all lies, they allowed them to print 1080p on game boxes and covered their butts with the image of the tv screen blowing up.

All you have to do if you want proof is, XMB, display settings, run thru the display options uncheck 720p in there and leave 1080i/p checked and you cannot uncheck 480p.  Watch your so called 1080p printed label game box downscale to 480p.

Let me explain why a 1266x720p looks crappy on a 1920x1080p surfaced screen.  Subtract 1920-1266, then subtract 1080-720.  Thats quite a stretch.

Blessed are those that get turned away or banned. Someone must have something to hide????

You're not right, and yes I can handle it.

This is the 3rd time you've tried "tellling the truth" and you still fail at it.

Even playing at 480p resolution, people have no problems with image quality. The only issue with a 480p image is the text and some on-screen HUD's are unreadable, or just difficult to see.

I actually had nothing but massive tube tv's that were not HDTV's and I was playing my PS3 games in 480p long before I could afford an HDTV.... but you know what..... The graphic quality was almost exactly the same in HD. The only difference is the HUD and text.

The PS3 does a very good job at downscaling and upscaling.

Your conspiracy theory about Sony forcing publishers to advertise 1080p is STUPID. They put in 1080p resolution because it is a supported resolution that the PS3 can upscale the game to, or sometimes the game is made in both 720 and 1080 resolution.

Of course a lower resolution image is going to be "blown up" on a high resolution screen.... thats what they call UPSCALING.

Not every game is upscaled to 720p or 1080p. There are games that run in true 1080p. If you dont know the list of games that do, then once again, you are an idiot to even call BS on it if you dont know the facts.

By the way.... your math is wrong. You dont compare image resolution by subtracting the X and Y axis individually. If you dont know how to properly tell the difference in the amount of total pixel difference between 720 and 1080, then again, you are an idiot.

if you want better education in HD resolution and image quality, go to the AVSforum and spend the rest of your life there. Maybe then, you'll learn at least ONE thing.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Ive heard of complaints about the 480p tvs and ive heard complaints about ps3 on a 1080p tv.  Dont tell me Grey, I know.  The reason they print 1080p is to take advantage of stupid people.  The tv image on the back of game boxes indicates that its a blown up signal to fit a 1080p tv.  Some are 1080i/p but most ps3 games are not.

Hey i was stupid to till i bought skyrim for ps3 and one for 360 and a console to play the 360 version on.  Same tv

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 14 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Is that so? Is that why all the games I have only have 720p for games that only support 720p?

Is that also why of the few games I own, the ones that have 1080p printed on the cover, actually display in 1080p on my 32" Insignia HDTV in my bedroom? And the 720p games show 720p in the TV's status?

My two recent games that I bought, Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. The back cover says "Supported Resolution: 480p - 720p" Or do you want some proof? You want photo? You want video? You want the video in HD? Come on, I'm game to prove you wrong.

But no, you automatically assume that you know everything because you're never wrong is that it? You never lied? You never conspired? Is it also the reason why you hate Sony so much and yet you continue to support Sony by owning 3 PS3's and keep buying the games? Or do you lie about that as well and you only talk about the problems "your" PS3 has based on some youtube videos and simply pass them off as your own, just for cannon fodder?

Whatever happened to your imaginary Star Wars R2D2 Limited Edition 360? Or do you even own one? Im guessing you never bought one since you just spent money on a 320gb PS3.... or were you lying about how many PS3's you own? Do you even own a PS3?

Do you seriously not understand what I've explained? Or do you need me to keep shooting you down with simple unbiased facts and experience?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Then you dont know my friend, you are the one that used to be like me.  Dont worry though its a bliss.  It used to be for me as well till i got skyrim for 360 as well.

The steps above will prove im right though, very few games for ps3 is 1080p wether the game box says it or not.  That series of steps in the display options on the XMB will prove to you im right though.

Just keep 1080i/p checked in the display options only uncheck 720p and watch your 1080p labeled game downscale to 480p.

Message 16 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Grand theft auto is one and the expansion, i can update as i keep finding them though.  I got about 200 games some that had the printing, i have already platinumed and boxed away. 

Message 17 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Out of spite... I ran only 1080i/p resolution on my PS3.... loaded up all my 1080p supported games.... guess what.....

THEY ALL RAN IN 1080p

I can provide you proof.....  But you havent given me an answer if you want video proof from me or not.

What? Are you scared that Im going to prove you wrong.... YET AGAIN?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 18 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I had that 320 since sept of 2011 and i got my 160s nov of 2011, the R2D2 came out this year.

Just go to display settings and uncheck 720p and leave everything else checked and watch your 1080p games display at 480p.  Its not hard and if you still come back saying it tell me what game you tried.  I may have and ill check for myself.  There are a few not many but theres alot that say they are 1080p but its a lie cause they are 720p.

Message 19 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I

just

told

you

I

did

How obtuse are you?

If they "lie" then why not bring it up to the Publisher or Developer? Sony has no control over that sort of stuff.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 20 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes