Jun 15 2012
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2241 posts

I was wrong.

40 replies 137 views Edited Jun 15, 2012

Not all psstore games are 1080i/p.  Most are only 720p just like the disc based.  My bad,  what makes me mad about the disc based is some are labeled 1080i/p and they are actually only 720p.  It would be like another console asvertising 720p and only be 480p and im sure we all know which one, im reffering to?  This console does not advertise 720p.  So how can sony get away with advertising alot of games in 1080i/p and they in fact are only 720p?

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 1 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Re: I was wrong.

Jun 15, 2012

Does this really surprise you?  Most games on both the PS3 and 360 are not actually 1080p, simply upscaled to 1080p, even if the box says it supports 1080p.  For example, most recent Call of Duty games are 600p, and then upscaled to 720p and 1080p.  I believe Grand Theft Auto IV was only 600p or 640p, and then that was upscaled to 720p and 1080p.  Theoretically every game box that the PS3 has could say 1080p, but some companies don't want to upscale the game.  I believe there might only be a very select few games that are natively rendered in 1080p.

I looked through an online list of PS3 game true resolutions found and compiled by forum members.  Here are the ones that were natively 1080p:

Keep in mind that true 1080p is 1920 x 1080

-1942: Joint Strike (PSN Game)

-Blast Factor (PSN Game)

-Commando 3 (PSN Game)

-Echochrome (PSN Game)

-Fat Princess (PSN Game)

-FIFA Street 3

-Full Auto 2

-God of War Collection (obviously upscaled, but on the disc they run 1080p natively)

-God of War Origins Collection (obviously upscaled, but on the disc they run 1080p natively)

-High Velocity Bowling (PSN Game)

-Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (obviously upscaled, but on the disc they run 1080p natively)

-Locoroco Cocoreccho (PSN Game)

-Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

-MLB 09: The Show

-NBA 07

-NBA 08

-Pixeljunk Games (PSN Games)

-Ridge Racer 7

-Rocketmen (PSN Game)

-Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

-Super Stardust HD (PSN Game)

-Virtua Tennis 3

-Wipeout HD (PSN Game)

Keep in mind this isn't a complete list and didn't include many recent releases.  This is just to show you how few PS3 games actually run 1920 x 1080 natively.

Message 2 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Jun 15, 2012

TheDster wrote:

the other system is all 1080i/p as advertised.  You can tell by the way they arent blurry and how smooth they play.

Blessed are those that get turned away or banned. Someone must have something to hide????

If they were all native 1080p, they would not all play smoothly.  In addition, the early models weren't even capable of 1080p output.

Message 3 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 15, 2012

I mean the competition not early models

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 4 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Yes, that's what I'm referring to.  All PS3s are capable of 1080p.

Message 5 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 15, 2012

well they dont use it, the competition does.  The ps3 allows it to be advertised on the back of game developers boxes though and in fact alot of the games that advertise it is 720p.  Where if you play the game on the other platform its 1080i/p as advertised.

The game i learned this from was skyrim, i got skyrim for ps3 and 360 and when i learned it i was sick but I aint stupid nomore.  Next round the victor will recieve more spoils from me.

Message 6 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 15, 2012

the other system is all 1080i/p as advertised.  You can tell by the way they arent blurry and how smooth they play.

The ones i found that are native 1080i/p for Ps3 either or are, Deadliest Catch, Deadspace 2, Final Fantasy 13s, Stardust, Wipeout, God of war psp remake.  So far thats all ive found.

The reason why Final Fantasy 13 didnt look as good as ps3s is cause of the size.  Thats what i believe, its a bluray movie and DVD is small.  If dvd was bigger i think it would look just as good.  My entire World of Warcraft game is only 21 gig on hard drive and that game is huge and beautiful.  Its cause wow is a game and not a movie. That would be like 2 hddvds or a little into the 3 not sure how big they are.  Hows come Final fantasy took 3 dvds is cause its a movie.

Message 7 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Here we go again, the same subject.

The PS3 supports TRUE 1080p support. The Xbox DOES NOT.

That console uses upscaling to get games to 1080p because its GPU is not able to support that amount of resolution on its own, it uses a separate processor to increase resolution..... Think of it as built in photoshop, just because it is displayed in 1080p, does not mean it is a TRUE 1080p image because the image is altered through software and hardware manipulation that the GPU does not perform on its own.

Heres a statistic that you're going to love. 85-95% of games are all displayed in a native 720p resolution. On Xbox it is upscaled (ie photoshopped) to 1080p. On the PS3 it is displayed as its native 720p resolution (depending on how the TV is setup, the TV can upscale the image)

Just because Upscaling gives a higher resolution, it does not mean it is IMPROVED over the original resolution. Im most cases, the upscaled image is WORSE than the native 720p image.

The only games that are 1080p for the PS3 are ones that are 1st party titles. Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc etc, games that are exclusive to the PS3.

Oh hey.... you will NEVER see a difference in 720p and 1080p on a TV screen that is between 42-46" (depending on the manufacturer and whether it us an LED LCD, or normal LCD panel) and smaller.

In order to tell a true difference you need an HDTV that is LARGER than 46" and sitting between 5-10 ft of the screen.

We've been through this before. STOP trying to argue something that you dont understand.

And if you're going to say "But 720p is not true HD"..... yes it is..... Did you know that SD resolutions varied between 360p and 480i? And the only way you would get a 480p image is through S-Video connection?

Any video resolution that is ABOVE the Standard Broadcast Definition resolution is going to be High Definition.

You mentioned previously you have some sort head injury, correct? Use whatever sense you have left and try to understand. Its not that hard. I have a childhood brain injury as well, I have the scars to prove it. It gave me a learning disability and occasional speech impediment, but it did not stop me from getting an Associates Degree in Business Management, Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, and im now working on an associates in finance and taking separate classes for stock and FOREX trading. I never used my disability and slight disfigured face as an excuse to be ignorant.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 16, 2012

TheDster wrote:

Awesome Grey, but what im saying is the majority of ps3 games is 720p.  I aint saying that dont compare to the 360s 1080p, provided you display the game on a 1266x720p screen.  I am saying blowing up that resolution on a 1920x1080p screen makes it look blurry and nasty. So you are taking a loss on either bluray movies or most ps3 games if you pick either or tv.  Unless the tv can display native 720p as does mine, but it the native display, will not fill your screen and look good in that resolution cause its a huge stretch.  Hints the picture of the TV upscaling on the game boxes.  There are however some ps3 games that are 1080i/p though.

On a 46 inch 1080p tv, the native 720p games only fills a triangle box in the center of that screen 26 inch or so.  I dont know, i dont measure, something like that though.  I can however make my tv blow up that signal if i so desire to fill the entire 1920x1080p surface but that stretch makes 720p Ps3 games look like crap.  Wii is horrible, blown up that big but if i native my wii signal its to small to see in my 46 inch tv. 480p is horrible and 720p is pretty bad, 1080i/p is awesome.  All 360 games are upscaled or native, i was told they was made to display it.

I dont have a head injury?

Blessed are those that get turned away or banned. Someone must have something to hide????

If a 720p image looks "nasty" on your 1080p screen.... you're either sitting way too close, or you have a massive 80"+ screen size to be able to see a major difference.

Im fairly certain you mentioned a while back you had something affecting your head. But it doesnt surprise me if you lied about your age, and all of your medical issues. Eiither way, no one really had any sympathy for you.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 16, 2012

lol, you know im so right and cant handle it.  Lies all lies, they allowed them to print 1080p on game boxes and covered their butts with the image of the tv screen blowing up.

All you have to do if you want proof is, XMB, display settings, run thru the display options uncheck 720p in there and leave 1080i/p checked and you cannot uncheck 480p.  Watch your so called 1080p printed label game box downscale to 480p.

Let me explain why a 1266x720p looks crappy on a 1920x1080p surfaced screen.  Subtract 1920-1266, then subtract 1080-720.  Thats quite a stretch.

Message 10 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes