Jun 07 2011
By: BonafydeSkillz Splicer 75 posts

I want to terminate (not delete) my other account.

5 replies 11 views Edited Jun 7, 2011

I have another account that I no longer use and would like to terminate it. Not delete it. (Apparently there's a difference). How do I do so? I want to do this because that account has an email address I want to use for my planned back-up account (that I plan to create after I terminate the account I no longer want).

Message 1 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Re: I want to terminate (not delete) my other account.

Jun 7, 2011

You can try and get Sony cust. service to do that... BUT they may have a policy of not doing it. In that case, simpoly change the email ON that account.

0 Likes
MVP Support
39162 posts

Jun 7, 2011

BonafydeSkillz wrote:

I have another account that I no longer use and would like to terminate it. Not delete it. (Apparently there's a difference). How do I do so? I want to do this because that account has an email address I want to use for my planned back-up account (that I plan to create after I terminate the account I no longer want).

You can't terminate an account, you just stop using it, it will always exist though & you can go back to it at any time.

Please note that you will not be able to use the same email address associated with your old account for your new one.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jun 7, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

BonafydeSkillz wrote:

You can't terminate an account, you just stop using it, it will always exist though & you can go back to it at any time.

Please note that you will not be able to use the same email address associated with your old account for your new one.

Thanks for assisting my questions. I appriciate it. But however, I was told that if you call Sony, that you can have them terminate or deactivate an account for you, correct? I called them and got annoyed with the machine so I hung up

Message 4 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 7, 2011

just change the email on the one you dont want anymore and then use the email you want on your new profile.

ThE ArT 0f FigHtiNg WiTh0ut FigHtiNg
Message 5 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
39162 posts

Jun 8, 2011

BonafydeSkillz wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BonafydeSkillz wrote:

Thanks for assisting my questions. I appriciate it. But however, I was told that if you call Sony, that you can have them terminate or deactivate an account for you, correct? I called them and got annoyed with the machine so I hung up

Some have had limited success with this yes, so calling them again may yield some help, but to be honest having your old account just sitting there in limbo almost isn't doing any harm to anyone, so leaving it will not actually change anything.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 6 of 6 (11 Views)
0 Likes