Highlighted
Dec 02 2011
By: ROME245 First Son 3 posts

I think they better do a Price cut!

8 replies 7 views Edited Dec 2, 2011

After seeing what happen to Nintendo with the 3ds I feel that Sony better do a price cut. I would say to 200 and 250 for the to models. If they dont it will be a real up hill battle. When they first said the price of the vita in E3. It was great because the nintendo 3ds was at the same price point and you were going to get a better bang for your buck getting the vita. But now that nintendo has drasticly cut the price of the 3ds I think Sony should take not and do the same. If not it will be the PS3 vs everyone else all over again. where they come in last not because they dont have the best item in the market, but because they did find the right price point. I have been a loyal Sony customer since the start. But I think it is time they wake up and smell the coffee. If you want to be number one price is where you need to start from.

Message 1 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Re: I think they better do a Price cut!

Dec 2, 2011

The reason why the 3DS was cutting its price is because it wasn't selling and reason it wasn't selling was the games they had with it. If the 3DS sold well you'd still be looking at 250$ price point.

Message 2 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 2, 2011

If you actually played a Vita (like I have), you would see it is worth what they are charging. The games like Uncharted, Wipeout, LBP, and Modnation Racers have PS3 quality graphics and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two. Sony is in-fact losing money on the device at that price point, and in order to get to that price they had to remove any internal memory function, making a memory card a required purchase...

Message 3 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Sony has already done a price cut on their VITA system....... They saw whath append with the ps3 and went straight forward with the vita. 250 is a steal for a multi touch screen 3d AR cards. Hi grade OLED great gaming speeds etc. You guys are taking 1 small thing you dont even have to buy and complaining about it. Don't get it if you dont think its worth it. Let alone, im going to be spending around 500 on this.

Message 4 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 2, 2011

3ds didnt sell as much because of the kids going cross-eyed due to the 3d feature. Higher chances of seizures kids under 5 going blind. Kids under 10 going cross eyed due to the strain it puts onto them. It has a warning label that says DO NOT PLAY LONGER THAN 15 MINUTES WITHOUT TAKING A 5 MINUTE BREAK.

Message 5 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Dec 2, 2011

The problem is you are comparing the 3ds to the Vita..Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind playing some zelda, but their is NO comparison. The Vita has DUAL ANALOGS!!!! Try playing CALL OF DUTY on a d.s. and thats just one of many already mentioned on this page.  The 3ds is not an ADULT handheld.  Simple as that.  Nintendo dropped their price on the 3ds because......wait for it......wait forit.......wait for it.....3D technology is DEAD ON ARRIVAL!!

Message 6 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 2, 2011

i now have a raging booner from all the tears of crying.

Message 7 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 2, 2011

sorry OP but if u compare the 3DS and the PSV based only on price u will reach the wrong conclusion. compare the features each have; no, just take into account all the features that the PSV is said to have and you will see that the price is actually fair.

Message 8 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Dec 2, 2011

you could pick up a gameboy for cheap!

Message 9 of 9 (7 Views)
0 Likes