Feb 19 2013
By: ridgezero Monster Hunter 36 posts

I really hope that this doesnt happen for next gen gaming.

12 replies 231 views Edited Feb 19, 2013

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/feb/18/all-capcom-games-final-round-16-will-be-ran-xbox-360-reduc...

Has anyone read this story? This to me is ridiculous, I play on pad and the PS3 is better for me. Its to bad frame problems slow down the system and cause games to be worse then on other platforms. Sony I hope you guys read this and know you lose fans for problems like this. To me the fighting game community is something that shouldnt be over looked.

Message 1 of 13 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3458 posts

Re: I really hope that this doesnt happen for next gen gaming.

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

ridgezero wrote:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/feb/18/all-capcom-games-final-round-16-will-be-ran-xbox-360-reduc...

Has anyone read this story? This to me is ridiculous, I play on pad and the PS3 is better for me. Its to bad frame problems slow down the system and cause games to be worse then on other platforms. Sony I hope you guys read this and know you lose fans for problems like this. To me the fighting game community is something that shouldnt be over looked.

Sony decided that the best way to make sure that the PS3 is able to last on the market for at least ten years is to make it not have enough RAM (random access memory), even by 2006 standards. The Xbox 360 was released more than a year before the PS3 and Sony made a concious decision to have less RAM than the Xbox 360. Heck, most computers from 2006 had more than four times as much RAM as the PS3. Common sense eludes Sony very often as history will tell us.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 2 of 13 (221 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I totally agree with you on this. The amount of RAM was a poor decision on Sony's part. I really hope they address this to make games run smoothly and quicker for everyone, especially for players in the competitive seen.

Message 3 of 13 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16060 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

It is NOT the amount of RAM thats the problem....

its HOW the RAM is accessed..... the PS3 has a divorved architecture (no cross communication between the rooms in a house)

the Xbox has a UNIFIED RAM architecture which means (communication between rooms in a mansion)

Both consoles have 512MB of RAM.... just the PS3 sees it as 256/256, Xbox sees a pool of 512MB

And its not about "the best way to make sure that the PS3 is able to last on the market for at least ten years is to make it not have enough RAM" because thats just STUPID.

Sony has already stated nothing more can be done about it... Sony had already previously freed up some RAM from the OS.

Besides... NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING YET.... 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 4 of 13 (194 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3135 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013
Edit* I have decided to sit back and lol at this post
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 5 of 13 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Second what gR3y said, but to be more precise the PS3 has two different types of RAM. The PS3 has 256mb RAM, and 256mb VRAM, because of that the RAM is allocated differently for different processes. So this talk about the PS3 having less RAM is wrong, it has 512mb as well.
Message 6 of 13 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Yeah I know that we dont know anything yet thats why I made the topic "hope that this doesnt happen for next gen." Regardless of how the RAM is accessed I just want more of it, I was just agreeing with the other post of how little sony used in general. The point of my post was not the RAM sony uses in the system, its the topic of competitive players and a tournament having to switch from PS3 to xbox because of frames dropping in certain games. Particularly competitive fighting games, thats why I posted a link to the news.

Message 7 of 13 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Message 8 of 13 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7734 posts

Feb 19, 2013
It shouldn't happen at ALL, only if Capcom did optimize both versions.

I, however, didn't notice slowdown issues with SSFIVAE. But that's maybe me, or my PS3 is well maintaned and has a faster hard disk than the ones in the tournament are using.
Message 9 of 13 (111 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I don't have any problems on Ssfivae, king of fighters xiii, Doa 5, psasbr, or any other game. These event schedulers are biased toward Xbox, just like how over 90% of the people that commented on the story were. Capcom just optimized for the Xbox and not the ps3.
My PSN
Message 10 of 13 (105 Views)
0 Likes