Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 05 2010
By: Nickj8948 First Son 11 posts

I need to see the value in it

7 replies 11 views Edited Jul 5, 2010

From my understanding and maybe I just read it wrong, but the games and avatars and demos you buy from PS+ are only yours to keep for however long you subscription is.

So if i buy a 3 month sub and then buy the full version of Infamous, I will only have that game for 3 months unless I renew?

Message 1 of 8 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8486 posts

Re: I need to see the value in it

Jul 5, 2010

Everything that you BUY is yours forever. Everything that they GIVE you is yours as long as your subscription is still active. It's just like every other subscription based service ever.

If I get Gamefly and pay them, I get games as long as I'm a subscriber, but when my subscription runs out, I don't get to keep and play those games anymore. However, every game I buy from Gamefly is mine forever, no matter what.

Take back the future
Message 2 of 8 (11 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Ok now what would you consider to be something "given" by them? If there is a free game add on (which barely happens) would that be mine to keep or only for as long as the sub.

Message 3 of 8 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

Everything that you BUY is yours forever. Everything that they GIVE you is yours as long as your subscription is still active. It's just like every other subscription based service ever.

If I get Gamefly and pay them, I get games as long as I'm a subscriber, but when my subscription runs out, I don't get to keep and play those games anymore. However, every game I buy from Gamefly is mine forever, no matter what.

That's not completley true. Evrey GAME you are given you lose at the end of your subscription, and you get to keep evrey game you buy.

However Everything else you are given such as avatars, themes, etc. are yours to keep forever.

I do not understand how these people expect to get hundreds if not thousands of dollars of games for a grand total of $50. Why don't these pepole use common sense before complaining?

Message 4 of 8 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8486 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Nickj8948 wrote:

Ok now what would you consider to be something "given" by them? If there is a free game add on (which barely happens) would that be mine to keep or only for as long as the sub.

All of the free games and DLC. Avatars, dynamic themes and trivial things like that stay forever. But content like games and DLC is tied with the subscription.

EDIT: As I've said before, every game you get for free is tied with your subscription. If your subscription is over, you lose access to those games, but resubbing gives you access to them again.

Take back the future
Message 5 of 8 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 5, 2010

See this is why im not even about to waste $50, because now both of yall are saying two completely different things. I will stick with the PSN

Message 6 of 8 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Nickj8948 wrote:

See this is why im not even about to waste $50, because now both of yall are saying two completely different things. I will stick with the PSN

not flaming man but try reading the blog entry - it explains everything in detail - a link can be found in the head post in this forum

Message 7 of 8 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 5, 2010

jpbslayer wrote:

Nickj8948 wrote:

not flaming man but try reading the blog entry - it explains everything in detail - a link can be found in the head post in this forum

No problem, but actually thats where the confusion started because one of the sentences in the 1st few paragraphs mentioned ps1 classics and how they only last for as long as the membership. Now ps1 classics are not free.

Message 8 of 8 (11 Views)
0 Likes