Jul 07 2013
By: TheSpiralMatrix Hekseville Citizen 365 posts

I need some help understanding this.

16 replies 145 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

My primary console this gen was the 360. I owned a ps3 and played a few RPG exclusives on it but it was basically a blu ray/ Netflix machine for me. Why am i telling you this? Just letting you know im not a complete noob to PS3 Just not a pro on it.

Ive made the switch to PS4 after growing tired of Xbox Exclusives and watching them look confused where PR is concerned.

I have already Pre ordered a day one PS4 and 4 games and a extra controller.

MY QUESTION:

I considered getting the PS Eye for PS4 and I quickly got confused. As I understand it PS MOVE controllers are still required even though the PS4 controller has some limited Eye Functions.

There is no option to order Move Controllers for the PS4 am I supposed to just Buy The current PS3 ones? If so which ones do i need?

I think alot of people ( myself to start) were confused thinking the PS4 controller replaced the MOVE wand but now that I know it dosent im not sure if i should pre order a Ps4 Eye or not. Are there any details on how this works or if they will release new move controllers?

Sorry for the rambling lol.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 1 of 17 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Re: I need some help understanding this.

Jul 7, 2013

I continually get the feeling this topic confuses us all lol. Hopefully Sony sheds some light on what we need. Seeing as most retailers are already marking down PS3 Move stuff just adds to the confusion.

Message 2 of 17 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I would just hold off on it until closer to launch, you would think more info would be given at that time.  I havent even heard of any games coming out yet that will use the camera.  I would hold off on reserving it with the limited info until more is available i dont see it selling out without a lot more support from sony.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 3 of 17 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Jul 7, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

I would just hold off on it until closer to launch, you would think more info would be given at that time.  I havent even heard of any games coming out yet that will use the camera.  I would hold off on reserving it with the limited info until more is available i dont see it selling out without a lot more support from sony.

I agree but my reasoning for wanting to get one early is that right now PS3 Move wands/controllers are cheaper than ever. Im sure they will rebrand some PS4 and add a higher price which will raise the price of the PS3 ones again. I feel now is the time to pick up Move wands i just dont know what I need lol.

Message 4 of 17 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I think you can use the DS4 as a MOVE controller. 

Message 5 of 17 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I wondered the same thing but with needing a new eye i would think you will need new controllers as well but i could be wrong and havent read anything about it either way.  I would have got the eye package for the ps3 if they announced i could use the motion controllers.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 6 of 17 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

magicx11 wrote:

That looks fan made. Dont count on it.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 7 of 17 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11834 posts

Jul 7, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

My primary console this gen was the 360. I owned a ps3 and played a few RPG exclusives on it but it was basically a blu ray/ Netflix machine for me. Why am i telling you this? Just letting you know im not a complete noob to PS3 Just not a pro on it.

Ive made the switch to PS4 after growing tired of Xbox Exclusives and watching them look confused where PR is concerned.

I have already Pre ordered a day one PS4 and 4 games and a extra controller.

MY QUESTION:

I considered getting the PS Eye for PS4 and I quickly got confused. As I understand it PS MOVE controllers are still required even though the PS4 controller has some limited Eye Functions.

There is no option to order Move Controllers for the PS4 am I supposed to just Buy The current PS3 ones? If so which ones do i need?

I think alot of people ( myself to start) were confused thinking the PS4 controller replaced the MOVE wand but now that I know it dosent im not sure if i should pre order a Ps4 Eye or not. Are there any details on how this works or if they will release new move controllers?

Sorry for the rambling lol.

there is only one game i know of that would require the playstation move controllers on the ps4.. and as far as i know the move controllers are the only controllers that could carry over to the ps4..

>

Message 8 of 17 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I wont post all the Links but all they have Confiremed at this point is that.

1. PS3 Move controllers will work with PS4 eye

2. The PS4 controller is not a replacement for the MOVE wand.

Message 9 of 17 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11834 posts

Jul 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

magicx11 wrote:

That looks fan made. Dont count on it.

actually the playroom is a actualy ps4 game which this video comes from,, its been confirmed that the playroom will come bundled with the ps4

>

Message 10 of 17 (97 Views)
0 Likes