Jun 10 2012
By: Kryi First Son 31 posts

I need some help, and a few questions answered please.

3 replies 95 views Edited Jun 10, 2012

Ok so since E3 and our awesome freinds at Playstation decided to bless us with some more great games for free! I have a huge problem. I have the 260GB PS3 and I have been a PS+ member since day 1. Ok so with all this free stuff plus my own addictions I have managed to fill my PS3 up with all games......

Ok first question is;

Can I buy an external hard drive and play games off that? What kind of HD do I need? How Hard is it to do?

If I upgrade my internal hard drive is it hard to do, and what kind do I need? How big can I get it?

Until I can actually afford to upgrade or buy and external, if I start deleting games we got free in the past from PS+ can I re-download them late when I upgrade for free still?

Also where would the cheapest place be to get either an internal, external or both hard drives be?

Also I have very few friends on my FL that actually log on and conversate with me anymore. Can you add me.

Infinite wisdom requires infinite perspective. Only by experiencing each element, each moment separately and in their own time does the beauty of the whole become apparent." ~Galatea (Bubblegum Crisis 2040)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Re: I need some help, and a few questions answered please.

Jun 11, 2012

Hi Kryi!

First, to my knowledge, you can't put them on an external drive. If you delete a game you're not playing right now to make room, you can always get it again later by going into your Account, Transactions, and then Download List to download them again as many times as you need to. Your game saves are kept in the Game Save Data area (go up in your Game section and you'll see it) so you won't lose any of that if you delete games to gain space.

And sorry if I'm a little off on the exact names of things like "Account" etc. Wifey is watching Netflix as I type so I can't double-check myself, lol

Now for upgrading your HDD, I did this a little over a year ago and it's been great! It was so easy, too. The video I used that taught me how to do it is HERE. And the hard drive I used is HERE.

I hope that helps!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Awesome thanks! I was afraid if I started deleting the old free games I would have to buy them all over again. I need to get an upgrade desperately. I'm tired of having to download and install games all the time.

Infinite wisdom requires infinite perspective. Only by experiencing each element, each moment separately and in their own time does the beauty of the whole become apparent." ~Galatea (Bubblegum Crisis 2040)
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Kryi wrote:

Ok so since E3 and our awesome freinds at Playstation decided to bless us with some more great games for free! I have a huge problem. I have the 260GB PS3 and I have been a PS+ member since day 1. Ok so with all this free stuff plus my own addictions I have managed to fill my PS3 up with all games......

Ok first question is;

Can I buy an external hard drive and play games off that? What kind of HD do I need? How Hard is it to do?

If I upgrade my internal hard drive is it hard to do, and what kind do I need? How big can I get it?

Until I can actually afford to upgrade or buy and external, if I start deleting games we got free in the past from PS+ can I re-download them late when I upgrade for free still?

Also where would the cheapest place be to get either an internal, external or both hard drives be?

Also I have very few friends on my FL that actually log on and conversate with me anymore. Can you add me.

you need a 2.5" internal serial ATA. and external hard drive wont work like your describing. i wouldnt recommend higher than 500 gigabyte. as long as you still have playstation plus you can re download them from your download list.

"do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes