My ps3 works but my netflix and games don't work the games sometimes go to their main menu but it doesn't work and netflix just goes to a black screen and freezes, what do I do im worried?.
lol your ps3 works but nothing works....
It doesn't work then /hurr durr
Sorry to be blunt & sound rude "Panda", but if you can't be bothered to post anything constructive why bother to post anything at all?
Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm PST
you may just need to go into safe mode and try options 3 and 4 and this should get you back to norm..
Safe mode is a feature for starting the PS3™ system with the "minimum required functionality" if the system is no longer able to start up normally due to an action was taken (such as turning off the system's MAIN POWER switch while data was being written to the hard disk drive). By starting up the system in safe mode then executing a menu option, you may be able to eliminate the symptom. Please note there is a chance that safe mode options will not fix the problem and you system will require service.
We do not recommend using the options in Safe Mode unless you are experiencing issues with the PLAYSTATION 3. Some of these options could result in loss of data.
If you choose to perform one of the Safe Mode options, please back up your data before attempting to enter safe mode (when possible).
Safe Mode is only available to PS3's with system software 2.60 or greater installed.
When to Use Safe Mode
Execute safe mode when the PS3™ is experiencing the following symptoms:
- When the PS3™ system is started up, the XMB™ menu is not displayed (only the wave screen background appears)
- When the PS3™ system is started up, nothing appears on the screen
- When the PS3™ system is started up, a message stating is displayed > > Restore operation > Restart
Original message is displayed again or the system stops during restoration.
- When the PS3™ system is started up, a message stating is displayed > > Rebuild > Failure > System stops while formatting hard disk drive.
- The system stops while restarting after a PS3™ system update or while updating or rebuilding the database. The situation does not improve even when the system is restarted.
Safe Mode Options
In Safe Mode, you will have the following options:
- Restart System - Ends safe mode and starts up the PLAYSTATION 3 normally.
- Restore Default Settings - Performs the same operations as on the XMB™, and also deletes PlayStation®Network account information from the system.
- Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.
- Rebuild Database - Deletes messages, playlists, changes made on screens, trimming information for pictures in , video thumbnails, video playback history and video resume information.
This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
- Restore PS3 System - IMPORTANT: All data will be lost by performing this step.
This will reformat the hard drive on the PLAYSTATION 3, deleting all data and restoring it to as if it just came out of the box. This is the same as on the XMB.
- System Update - Updates the PS3 system software. This can only be done with an update file already saved on an external storage media.
Activating Safe Mode
Step 1: Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.
- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).
- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."
- Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PLAYSTATION 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode.
- Then you will see the Safe Mode menu.
Step 4: We recommending performing the safe mode options in the following order until one of the options works for you. If one of the options work, do not continue onto the other options.
- Restore Default Settings
- Restore File System
- Rebuild Database
- Restore PS3 System
I think you got one of them Guarantees, i was talking about in my post.