Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 02 2013
By: GalatasarayEken First Son 13 posts
Accepted Solution

I need help please

8 replies 122 views Edited Sep 2, 2013

Okay, so I want to say that a few months ago I BOUGHT "The Walking Dead" from Playstation plus, I had received 2 episodes for free prior to buying "The Walking Dead" and everything was cool until I noticed that a few days later I said "fk it, I want to play the walking dead" and noticed that I couldn't play it and called SONY to tell them that there was a problem and that I already bought this for $20 season pass for The Walking Dead, took like an hour to explain that I bought it to the lady and a few weeks later I got my $20 and re-bought "The Walking Dead" what I'm trying to say here is that since I bought it I'm kind of scared of buying another product to notice that it may be gone after my Playstation Plus expires, I thought this was only for products that were FREE that I wouldn't be able to play but giving $20 isn't major but it's still a lot to me especially after you paid full price as well. I later bought Mortal Kombat for $5 and The Walking Dead 400 days for $5 as well when they had the deal and I'm still not sure if they're going to go away either, it does say expiry date : never so I hope it doesn't go away but I think this may have been caused from the 2 free episodes that Playstation Plus had given

I'm going to pre-order FIFA 14 now so should I do it with my major account that has all my Playstation Plus and bought content or another account so I can just know and feel safe that I'll be able to download it on release date and not fk things up when my Playstation Plus ends.....

Sorry for making it long but its to explain what had happened to me...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

Re: I need help please

Sep 2, 2013

I couldn't help on the walking dead. Never bought it to have those issues.

However. the problem here sounds like just a bug in the system. I wouldn't really worry about future releases. especially ones of retail games that have no free trial of sorts.

Fifa 14 will be safe, there isn't a way for the mix up to occur.

Something like Back to the Future however may have the same issues since it has trials and free episodes.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (116 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Okay thanks! (: I will try and see what I can do but I am going to use my new account for FIFA 14 so I'll probably buy it on the new one, I wouldn't mind having a 2nd account, i'll think about it again, but you do have a valid point, so I might just go with my main account since it holds all my ps+ subscriptions and gta iv, mortal kombat, walking dead + 400 days btw if you did not play The Walking Dead Episodes 1-5 then I would cry, its an amazing game, I do hope you played it xD

Thanks again, you have a major point in the no trials so it shouldn't be a mix up, thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1636 posts

Sep 2, 2013

yeah once PS Plus is up anything you got from the Plus service will go away as well until you buy it again. but this is the first i've heard of this thing happening.

with Plus "free stuff" your not getting it for free your only renting the stuff for as long as you have the Plus survice. i would strongly suggest not depending on Plus add-ons so much. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (109 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Sep 2, 2013

yeah idk how it happened as well but I got my money back but it did take weeks, but I'm going to purchase FIFA 14 now (:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

Sep 2, 2013

GalatasarayEken wrote:

Okay thanks! (: I will try and see what I can do but I am going to use my new account for FIFA 14 so I'll probably buy it on the new one, I wouldn't mind having a 2nd account, i'll think about it again, but you do have a valid point, so I might just go with my main account since it holds all my ps+ subscriptions and gta iv, mortal kombat, walking dead + 400 days btw if you did not play The Walking Dead Episodes 1-5 then I would cry, its an amazing game, I do hope you played it xD

Thanks again, you have a major point in the no trials so it shouldn't be a mix up, thank you :smileyhappy:

I'll play it one day. :smileytongue:

I've been busy with a few different games and budgeting myself for the PS4. After the PS4 comes out I'll have more money to spend on games :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (101 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3371 posts

Sep 2, 2013

If you have PS+ with a PSN ID and it expires, then any FREE content you "Bought" under PS+ will not be playable unless you re-new that same PSN ID with PS+

At any time under a PS+ Subscription you buy with $ discounted games or any games that take $, those games are YOURS. You should re-download a game if the license doesn't change. It won't hurt at all to re-download something.

Anytime you have something like free episode Walking Dead, for example, and then you buy a Season Pass to go with it, you have to have PS+ active to actually play any of it, since the Original game was PS+ Free.

If you buy the game as a package, like I did get the free episodes, but didn't play it. I recently purchased the whole Walking Dead package at PS+ discounted price. I re-downloaded it, and voila, no expiration date at all.

I've used the PC store as well as the PS3 store when looking at things, and between the two sometimes one will say you don't own something and the other will say you do, or that you have it already but it won't let you buy it or won't let you download it.

Usually thing you buy digitally work out just fine, just sometimes there is something odd, but it usually will work out.

I think in the case of The Walking Dead it's just confusing in the system being PS+ for a couple of episodes then buying a Season Pass to it when you did. Just make sure you look at all possible places to download it again.

Like in your PS3, the Download List in Account Management. Find your game in there and download it. Or from the PS3 Store, find the product that will recognize you own it. 

The Walking Dead Episode 1 must be played through to access other Episodes:

You can see in your game, after you play the first episode through, that you can dowload the other episodes you own right through there. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (97 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Sep 2, 2013

okay so do you suggest I buy FIFA 14 (pre-order) with my Playstation Plus active account then?

yeah, I played with Playstation Plus first so it probably thought that I have the ps+ trial one, Thanks for all the answers guys, I appreciate you guys taking your own time to answer my qustion, really means a lot to me and if you're going to buy FIFA 14 , tell me so I can add you :smileyhappy:

@ answer question plz :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 2, 2013
  • that works too :smileyhappy: have fun, It's a really amazing game!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (85 Views)
0 Likes