Feb 18 2013
By: Snuggle_Kitten First Son 1 posts

I need help please

5 replies 109 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

I allowed my little cousin to play skyrim on my ps3. I left him for a little while to make lunch. I came back in and he purchased a game since hes only 5 he didnt know any better. I tried calling support however their phone is messed up or it just wont go through. Any ideas I would really like my money back.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16247 posts

Re: I need help please

Feb 18, 2013

You're unlikely to get your money back. If you don't want to use the phone use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5306 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Snuggle_Kitten wrote:

I allowed my little cousin to play skyrim on my ps3. I left him for a little while to make lunch. I came back in and he purchased a game since hes only 5 he didnt know any better. I tried calling support however their phone is messed up or it just wont go through. Any ideas I would really like my money back.

Good luck getting a refund from Sony. On your PS3, you should immediatly go to "Account Managment" then go to "Transaction Managment" then go to "Require Password at Checkout" so that nobody can buy anything on your account unless they put in your password first.

And if your 5 year old cousin knows your password, then change your password.

parking-like-a-mini-boss-bike.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (84 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Agreed on the password. I wouldn't count on getting any money back as there is no way to prove a 5 year old mistakenly paid for a game... if that's the case at all <Not trying to be a pessimist but you have to know that you can't prove it.  Plus all customer support will do is tell you to add a password. 

Heck just myself and my wife use my PS3. I still have a password.  Anything and I mean ANYTHING linked to a financial account should have a password.  If your 5 year old knows it.... then that is just plain your fault.   Sorry If I am sounding a little harsh but as a responsible adult you should know better.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46584 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Snuggle_Kitten wrote:

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm   Try contacting support via email, all the info you need is in the link.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Im sorry that happened it is unfortunate. Personally, I view it as you at fault so I dont think they should be responsible for refunding it for you. They provide security options for you. Whether you choose to follow them, such as requiring your password to purchase items, is all up to you. The ball was in your court brothaa.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (58 Views)
0 Likes