Message 1 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: I'm assuming that

Jan 24, 2012

eaglefan129 wrote:

On the ps3 store you can buy vita games then copy over to the vita

as long as you do not install them on your ps3.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 24, 2012

What happens if you install them on the PS3? Also if you tried, I thought the PS3 would just be like. "This is a PS Vita game idiot, go buy a PS Vita, to be able to play this game." Anyways, just asking.

Message 3 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Rapth5085 wrote:

What happens if you install them on the PS3? Also if you tried, I thought the PS3 would just be like. "This is a PS Vita game idiot, go buy a PS Vita, to be able to play this game." Anyways, just asking.

it will not transfer over from your ps3 it will stay there unused. you be like:: oh let me download WWE13 for the ps vita on my ps3 but let me install it. then the next result would be oh crap I can't transfer the game over now ugh I just wasted that money crap.

that is what would happen.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 4 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Jan 24, 2012

you sure about that because I've bought ps1/mini games that I was able to transfer to a psp and they were installed. Also one more qustion i'm assuming sony won't use mess around with the prepaid cards correct.

Message 5 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 24, 2012

eaglefan129 wrote:

you sure about that because I've bought ps1/mini games that I was able to transfer to a psp and they were installed. Also one more qustion i'm assuming sony won't use mess around with the prepaid cards correct.

yes I am since the new update sony changed its how it works. in the blog about it and some area's of the forums people have complained about it happening with the psp already.

also there was some news reports about it I can't find them though. (I do not know where to start for a search sorry.) psn cards should still work. now for paying for the 3G I am not sure.

Message 6 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12383 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Rapth5085 wrote:

it will not transfer over from your ps3 it will stay there unused. you be like:: oh let me download WWE13 for the ps vita on my ps3 but let me install it. then the next result would be oh crap I can't transfer the game over now ugh I just wasted that money crap.

im pretty sure you can use the ps3 to buy and download vita games but you will need a vita to use them...  to transfre them over from the ps3 you will need to use the built in content manager on the vita to get it installed...  the ps3 firmware has already been updated so it can communicate with a vita system, so the groundwork is already in place for it

>

Message 7 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 24, 2012

That may apply to PSP and PS1 games but it certainly doesn't apply to Vita games. Vita games cannot be installed on a PS3. The exception would be something like Warrior's Lair but that is designed to be installed on both anyway.

Message 8 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Teus wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Rapth5085 wrote:

im pretty sure you can use the ps3 to buy and download vita games but you will need a vita to use them...  to transfre them over from the ps3 you will need to use the built in content manager on the vita to get it installed...  the ps3 firmware has already been updated so it can communicate with a vita system, so the groundwork is already in place for it

>

that was well known http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/index.html

just that if you install it on your ps3 you can't transfer it over even if you have a ps vita.

Message 9 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13736 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Teus wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Rapth5085 wrote:

>

that was well known http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/index.html

just that if you install it on your ps3 you can't transfer it over even if you have a ps vita.

But the game would still be in your downloads.

So no, you didn't waste money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes