Wastelander
657 posts

Re: I love my ps3, but I also love chatting on different games.

Mar 3, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

i am sorry, but iwould like other things to be added first  - i mean if im playing medal of honor - i dont want to hear my friend who is playing cod black ops talking to me. but hey thats just me

THIS.

Call them on the phone if you want to talk to them.  I for one don't even want to see it as a feature for PS3 ever.  I mean, what do you want to do, talk to your friends or play your game? 

And I definitely think this is a generational thing, I'm 27 (no kids thank god) and have absolutely no interest in XGC. 

Message 11 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Mar 4, 2011

Are you serious? Call them? No wonder PS3 has barely any people compared to xbox.

parrisgg Trophy Card
Message 12 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Mar 4, 2011

parrisgg wrote:

Are you serious? Call them? No wonder PS3 has barely any people compared to xbox.

ha ha.... What does your response even have to do with XGC?  And yes, wouldn't talking to them on the phone while you are playing your game and your friend is playing his solve your problem?  I mean get a headset for your phone and you are right there. 

And I highly doubt Xbox has more people on it because of XGC.  I think XBox has more people on it because it has sold more units( in the US anyway).  Again... I won't speak for everyone, but MOSTLY only young kids want this feature and since young kids aren't the majority on PS3, its not gonna happen.   

Message 13 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 5, 2011

Does anybody know if you can use the XGC, while playing the same game, and still hear everyone else that has a mic?

Message 14 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Mar 5, 2011

SnakeEyes_44 wrote:

Does anybody know if you can use the XGC, while playing the same game, and still hear everyone else that has a mic?

ummmmmm there isnt xgc at all yet -so how would any1 know?

Message 15 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Mar 5, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

EXACTLY

jcalvert wrote:

jpb - What is you are playing MoH and I am playing Home, and I decide to hit you up with "... Look at my cool new Test 2 shirt collection ..." - would that count, or would that just piss you off?

Or better yet, what if my kids are playing Marvel Superhero Squad, LBP, or Hanna, and they decide to start random conversations with you - "Hey, Mr. Slayer ..."  LOL

i think this is an age thing - i am a 36 year old married father of 3 - still a hard core gamer / and avid electriconic fan. but dont feel the need to chat with my friends while im playing. unless there playing the same game

but some of you younger bucks, now maybe you like to be playing one game while your friend gets on and tells you about his school day.

Also to me the reason people want this is because the other system has this

and of all my friends on there, only 1 says he uses XGC. the others - they have removed him from there list., says he is annoying - says they will be playing online and he innterupts them

LOL dude you ain't that old sheezzz ...but I get what your saying , I would prefer playing without mic( depending if I'm in lobby with mates) I find it better and your more focused on the game rather then chatting about last nights game lol .To each own I guess I have xbox360 slim and it has cross-game chat wich I'm not saying it's not sweet ( but have the time ain't using it )

It is a feature that ps3 should have but due to other priorities like giving you xmb a new font is not going to come anytime soon

Message 16 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes