Highlighted
Feb 16 2011
By: parrisgg Monster Hunter 34 posts

I love my ps3, but I also love chatting on different games.

15 replies 1148 views Edited Feb 16, 2011

So, for a while now i've had a ps3.  I got it a month after released, and yes I have upgraded it to a slim.  Same goes for 360, I had on launch day and upgraded to slim as well.  To be honest, I like my ps3 a lot more.  Which bothers me, is that when it comes to chatting, the system seems useless.  All of my friends play different games, as I competively play games on multiplayer.  I own a pair of Astro a40's and I love them, but it is useless because most games I get into, nobody has a mic.  When people do have mics, and they are unmuted, all I hear is random noise from their tv and people talking.  I really do enjoy my ps3, I know this is a dead topic, but please.  I have considered ps+ so many times, but it does not enhance my gaming experience in anyway.  The free games? I have GameFly, simple as that.  It's not worth it, it doesn't have xgc.  Sure people will argue, "If kids get xgc then no one will talk for cooperation."  The flaw in this arguement is that most poeple do not own ps3 mics, most people have no idea how to actually play competively so their information is useless, most people are bad so their information is useless, and I don't care to hear you talk to your mom.  I enjoy sitting in a party talking to my clan waiting for the next GB match to start up and talking about a strategy.  This is a simple and fundamental need in gaming, the roots even go back to Ventrilo.  Update it, and make ps+ useless to most of us.  Oh, and if you want to play that little fanboy, IM SO GOOD I WANT TEAM WORK. I don't care because you're probably bad, and you probably have no idea what call outs are and the name of all of them in every map. Unless you have anything positive to contribute, don't waste my time.

parrisgg Trophy Card
Message 1 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: I love my ps3, but I also love chatting on different games.

Feb 17, 2011

i am sorry, but iwould like other things to be added first  - i mean if im playing medal of honor - i dont want to hear my friend who is playing cod black ops talking to me. but hey thats just me

Message 2 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 18, 2011

jpb - What is you are playing MoH and I am playing Home, and I decide to hit you up with "... Look at my cool new Test 2 shirt collection ..." - would that count, or would that just piss you off?

Or better yet, what if my kids are playing Marvel Superhero Squad, LBP, or Hanna, and they decide to start random conversations with you - "Hey, Mr. Slayer ..."  LOL

Message 3 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Feb 18, 2011

EXACTLY

jcalvert wrote:

jpb - What is you are playing MoH and I am playing Home, and I decide to hit you up with "... Look at my cool new Test 2 shirt collection ..." - would that count, or would that just piss you off?

Or better yet, what if my kids are playing Marvel Superhero Squad, LBP, or Hanna, and they decide to start random conversations with you - "Hey, Mr. Slayer ..."  LOL

i think this is an age thing - i am a 36 year old married father of 3 - still a hard core gamer / and avid electriconic fan. but dont feel the need to chat with my friends while im playing. unless there playing the same game

but some of you younger bucks, now maybe you like to be playing one game while your friend gets on and tells you about his school day.

Also to me the reason people want this is because the other system has this

and of all my friends on there, only 1 says he uses XGC. the others - they have removed him from there list., says he is annoying - says they will be playing online and he innterupts them

Message 4 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I love playing a totally different game than a friend and us both being able to talk. I sometimes do that with friends on the phone but cross game chat would be so awesome. Another really fun thing to do is to play a single player game with a friend at the same time. I played The Force Unleashed with a friend, we were both at the same points, so could easily talk about what was going on or solve puzzles together. It's a lot fun and has so many uses.

Message 5 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 19, 2011

jpb - I bet you are right on the mark with the age thing.  Speaking as a father of 3 boys; 11% older than you. 

@Spy - I do agree that xgc probably has it's unique applications (I like your single player suggestion), and like anything else, as long as there are options to enable or disable, than no worries on my part.

Message 6 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Feb 19, 2011

and dont get me wrong - while i dont see much need for this -(i did like spys idea of single player) i am not against it. it is just that since this forum came out we have heard xgc this, xgc that. even rumors we would be geeting it in month 2 - and the flak soony got when we didnt. i am all for getting everything we can out of plus.

so on that note heres hopeing we get xgc -

Message 7 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7350 posts

Feb 21, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

EXACTLY

jcalvert wrote:

i think this is an age thing - i am a 36 year old married father of 3 - still a hard core gamer / and avid electriconic fan. but dont feel the need to chat with my friends while im playing. unless there playing the same game

but some of you younger bucks, now maybe you like to be playing one game while your friend gets on and tells you about his school day.

Also to me the reason people want this is because the other system has this

and of all my friends on there, only 1 says he uses XGC. the others - they have removed him from there list., says he is annoying - says they will be playing online and he innterupts them

I'm a 30yr old father, hardcore gamer and I disagree with you completely!!!!  I like to chat with my buddies while I'm playing one game and their playing another.  It also makes for quick conversations instead of typing everytime if i want to ask them to come play or jump on another game together..... If you had an xbox you'd understand how well this feature works as well as how much it is used.  The fact that playstation does not have it yet to me is a huge lack and thus xbox live is still superior to playstation.

Sneeches Trophy Card
Message 8 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
905 posts

Feb 24, 2011

If me and my friends are on the PS3 playing and we want to chat we will just turn on our Xbox 360 and use its party feature.

Message 9 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 24, 2011

I'm sorry but I run direct connection, and can't have both running at the same time on the internet.

parrisgg Trophy Card
Message 10 of 16 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes