Aug 09 2011
By: PrimetimePrimo First Son 14 posts

I know it says C#, but what type of C# language do we use?

3 replies 262 views Edited Aug 9, 2011

Because plain old C sharp is designed for Windows computer applications, not Sony Move Apps, so is there a specific version of that language we are supposed to use? I have C# programs I have written for my pc, but I am pretty sure they won't work on the PS3, and there isn't much help out there right now to lead me in right direction.

Message 1 of 4 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: I know it says C#, but what type of C# language do we use?

Aug 9, 2011

C# is multi-paradigm programming language.  C# on its own is not intrinsically for Windows.  It uses CLI (Common Language Infrastructure) to communicate command to the given system it was compiled for.  True that this communication was developed in part by Microsoft it does not restrict the use of C# and CLI to only Windows Applications.  For Example:  MonoDevelop is an IDE that "enables developers to quickly write desktop and ASP.NET Web applications on Linux, Windows and Mac OSX." (www.monodevelop.com)

I just got my voucher and am looking forward to diving into this development.

Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 10, 2011

Hey, I know basic programming on Python but I've never programmed anything on C. Any advice on how to get used to the basic commands and syntax before I begin "cracking code"?

Message 3 of 4 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 10, 2011

The code you are writing will be running on your PC, so C# will work fine.  You're not running any code on the PS3.  The move.me app is what the voucher "buys".  that is what is running on the PS3.  You are just connecting to it.

Message 4 of 4 (262 Views)
0 Likes