Highlighted
Feb 19 2011
By: Falconrifle First Son 2 posts

I just bought borderlands and it's not there what happened?

6 replies 77 views Edited Feb 19, 2011

I bought the game borderlands on the psn store and then after I turn off my Ps3 and want to go play it again It says its the trial version.

So I was thinking that it was a glitch so I turn my Ps3 off and turn it on and it's still there so I decide just play it and after an hour it expired and it was deleted from my download list.

What the heck is going on?

I even received the recipt in my email.

See

Item / Service          Details              Price (Dollars)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

UP1001-NPUB30413_00-BORDERLANDSHDDFG-UP01    Borderlands (Full Game) $29.99

Sub Total    $29.99

Tax    $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total $29.99

$3.08 remains in your wallet, as of the date and time of this transaction.

Can you anyone help me out here?

Message 1 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: I just bought borderlands and it's not there what happened?

Feb 19, 2011

Did you download the "Unlock Key"?  Many times when I download a timed demo and then buy the "Full" version you just download an "Unlock Key".  I'm trying to get onto my account on the PS3 but it keeps giving me a failed connection error.  I'll let you know where the "Downloads" area is...if I remember it's in the "Account" section of the "Playstation Network" area on the XMB.

Okay, I just got on.  Under the "Play Station Network" icon sign in to your account.

Click into "Account Management"

Under the ...ugh, it just kicked me out again. wtf?

I think it's under "Transactions", click, then on to "Downloads".  Check to make sure you have the key down loaded and installed.  If you do then you'll have to fire off an email to customer service...fun times. 

Message 2 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 19, 2011

There isn't any unlock key for that game.

All it had was the trial (which expired and went away about 2 weeks ago.) and the actual game download which I purchased.

But it said it was a trial and now the download for the game is gone and it's asking me to buy it again.

Message 3 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 19, 2011

Sorry to hear that, contact customer service and they are usually very helpful about issues like this. 

Are you trying to use it under a different account?  I know the PSN has some weird user agreement stuff...for example I couldn't use Warhawk under any other account than the one that purchased it.  Since I had made a new account it was really frustrating to have to do this which eventually lead me to quit playing Warhawk.  I hope you get this sorted because I hate DRM stuff like this.

Message 4 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2011

Same issue for me. Pretty ridiculous. I even deleted the trial, redownloaded it, it still says expired.

The great thing is, now it's not on my download list, when I go to it, it tries to make me pay for it, AGAIN.

Message 5 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2011

This same thing just happend to me reply if u have resolved this plz

Message 6 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 4, 2011

so that happened to me with midnight club los angeles. its because you downloaded trial, and then didnt wait for it to finish out its 1 hour, before you deleted it. i called sony and they re issued me my money on the phone. call em anytime you even got the slightest question and theyll be happy to answer. if u email them about a problem, sometimes youll get the corporate number, or off contact, and if you call them to complain theyll handle it RIGHT away!

Message 7 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes