Aug 9, 2012
Message 11 of 24 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Re: I hope Declassified isn't a bust...

Aug 10, 2012

@ fairytalced

that is most likely just a placecard holder. the good news is that we'll apparently find out a lot during next week's gamerscon.

"Back in June, Treyarch told VideoGamer.com that it didn't know who was developing the game."

http://www.videogamer.com/psvita/black_ops_declassified/news/call_of_duty_black_ops_declassified_inf...

Message 12 of 24 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Yea it's been confirmed that details will be at gamescom and that activation stated that it is indeed a "true call of duty experience" or something.
Message 13 of 24 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

So will this be a modern day game, or another notch in that annoying trend of handheld shooters (if it has a console big brother, make the portable version revolve around wars that happened in the early 1900s or way before the first console entry in the series, ala COD heroes, Killlzone on psp AND Vita)? Too many fps on handhelds revolving around ww1 and 2, or set in that time period (Killzone portables again).

Message 14 of 24 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Rhio2k wrote:

So will this be a modern day game, or another notch in that annoying trend of handheld shooters (if it has a console big brother, make the portable version revolve around wars that happened in the early 1900s or way before the first console entry in the series, ala COD heroes, Killlzone on psp AND Vita)? Too many fps on handhelds revolving around ww1 and 2, or set in that time period (Killzone portables again).

we'll get actual details next week there has been next to nothing about this game. i'm not sure where you got the idea this would be set in the past tho, this is definitely a black ops game not some spin off. stay tuned to gamescom...

Message 15 of 24 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

It seems to be the trend with fps handhelds to set them way back in the past compared to where the franchise currently is.

Message 16 of 24 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Aug 12, 2012
I'm only speculating but I would hope its like asscreediii with a paralell but unique story that compliments its console big brother. Wouldn't that b a nice new trend? We should hopefully know more soon tho.
Message 17 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Aug 12, 2012
If they were to make it in the past than the best way I think they could do it is in the same vein as Crisis Core and FFVIII. Focus on an older characters youth and make plenty of nods and references to Black Ops and Black Ops 2. But if activision or whoever doesn't know who's developing it, I doubt the BO2 team knows either. And Unlike Assassins Creed iii and it's vita sister, that means declassified can't really connect with the Console/PC game... Which is bad news.
Message 18 of 24 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

Aug 12, 2012
War games don't follow "characters". You're a nameless soldier. There's no way they can handle this like an rpg.
Message 19 of 24 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Aug 12, 2012
Well.who really plays these games for the story? I just want robust multi player really. But.they do try to weave a story into the campaign generally
Message 20 of 24 (27 Views)
0 Likes