Highlighted
Sep 26 2011
By: Antoniowg6 First Son 4 posts

I have an Idea for PSN and Xbox Live. Please tell me what you think of it.

18 replies 54 views Edited Sep 26, 2011

I have an idea for Psn and Xbox Live to be able to play against each other. A lot of people agrue about which one is better at game. Why don't Psn and Xbox Live make a Event or a New Downloadable content for the both of them to be able to play against one another online! Sony and Microsoft might think "We don't want to waste our time and money to do so." Well for the Event I was thinking of Psn vs Xbox Live free for a week to see how it goes. After that week time period, the event ends. Sony and Microsoft put it the same way that they would do the Playstation Plus or Xbox Live Gold Membership. You pay for the ablities to play Psn against Xbox Live for like 3 monthes for example: $20 and for a year $50. This will give Microsoft and Sony a lot of money to be able to upgrade the systems and help with the creation of other games or anything they might need or want the money for. This will be a big impact on Psn and Microsoft for the players and the workers of both companies. What do you think?

Message 1 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Re: I have an Idea for PSN and Xbox Live. Please tell me what you think of it.

Sep 26, 2011

Microsoft and Sony are daggers drawn when it comes to online gaming. You may be able to have games where the game company has their own servers and you play on those against each other regardless of your game platform.

You will never see PSN and Xbox Live promoting an event together.

Message 2 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 26, 2011

great that you're sharing ideas, but I strongly suggest you post this in the PSN section of the community forums. ( http://community.us.playstation.com/community/playstation_network/psn_general_discussion)

Message 3 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 26, 2011

Thanks, I wasn't sure where to post it.

Message 4 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 26, 2011

True. This is a way to prove which one is better at online gaming also for each other to in joy theirselves for competition.

Message 5 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Sep 26, 2011

Sony Vs Microsoft online battle? Lol. Those two wouldn't work together if they were stranded in the middle of the Sahara desert. They wouldn't work together if one has the emergency radio and the other the batteries.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 6 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 26, 2011

The best you are going to be able to do is have PS3 vs. PC and X360 vs. PC, which does occasionally happen.

XBL vs. PSN is never going to happen, because there really isn't any upside for allowing this. IMO you will see Halo on PS3 and Uncharted on X360 before this ever happens...

Message 7 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 26, 2011

What could happen is developpers can make games multiplayer over their servers and make events etc. I don't think sony and microsoft really get along. Cross console multiplayer should be fun

Message 8 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 27, 2011

It's a lovely idea, but there's an almost zero chance of it happening, unfortunately. Both companies are way too competitive against one another to unite in friendly rivalry. Their competition is too aggressive to be simmered at this point, which is unfortunate.

Message 9 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Sep 27, 2011

iBOCK_ wrote:

almost zero

Wrong. It's completely impossible. They've been at it for years, if someone had thought of this in the PS2 days... no, wait. They still wouldn't have done it.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 10 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes