Apr 09 2012
By: RkoViper81 First Son 1 posts

I have a question about the Vita

2 replies 14 views Edited Apr 9, 2012

Hi there everyone I have a few questions about the PS Vita.I am going to be getting one this Tueday for my birthday My first question is can someone pls explain to me how the PS3/Vita cross play works exactly? Can I play games that I have installed on my PS3 how does it work what is required to pause on the PS3 & pick up right where you were on the Vita? My next question is can anyone recommend a game to get that has multiplayer.

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 3 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: I have a question about the Vita

Apr 9, 2012

RkoViper81 wrote:

Hi there everyone I have a few questions about the PS Vita.I am going to be getting one this Tueday for my birthday My first question is can someone pls explain to me how the PS3/Vita cross play works exactly? Can I play games that I have installed on my PS3 how does it work what is required to pause on the PS3 & pick up right where you were on the Vita? My next question is can anyone recommend a game to get that has multiplayer.

Thanks for your time.

First you need to know what cross play is:

First there is the version where you play the game on one of your console and then save the game and then start it again on the other console. For this you need a copy of the game for each console, some are given away free when you buy one version or some are offered at a discount it depends on the game developer and what sales model they decide to use. Games that have this option for example are Hustle Kings and MLB.

Next there is Cross Platform play where your can play another player who is on either a PSVita or PS3 and you can be on either one of them also. This also requires a copy of the game for each console. Examples for this are WipeOut and Hustle Kings again.

There is also Remote Play, this is where you use your PSVitas internet connection to view your PS3s screen remotely and send commands back to it. You can either connect to the PS3s wifi antenna directly or use and access point anywhere in the world to connect. This allows you to do various things with your PS3 and play any PSone game that is on it. There are limited capabilities as to which PS3 games can be played as the feature was not fully adopted by game deevlopers and none of them have implimented it since the launch of the PSVita. More details can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play

Also Sony has allowed the PSvita to be used as another controller for the PS3, so you can use its sensors, screens and touch capabilities to interact with games programmed to do this. UMvC is the only example so far.

Message 2 of 3 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Re: I have a question about the Vita

Apr 9, 2012

Well explained.

Message 3 of 3 (14 Views)
0 Likes