Nov 03 2012
By: drwatts First Son 3 posts

I have CECHE 80 GB PS3 that freezes after about 20-30 minutes of gaming. Help?

5 replies 100 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

OK, when the game starts, there is no fan noise. After about5-10 minutes, I can just begin to hear the fan, after around twenty minutes, the fan cranks up a notch then the game usually freezes or is unable to save after 5 minutes after this fan speed change.

First off, what the heck might be happening? I assume that it is an overheating issue, so I have purchased all of the required materials as if I were going to fix the YLOD.

Secondly, since this has not been a YLOD system, do I even need to reflow? 

I've searched everywhere, but I either find what to do to prevent YLOD and what to do after the YLOD. I feel like I'm close to a YLOD, so I'm unsure what to do next.

Thanks for your time!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: I have CECHE 80 GB PS3 that freezes after about 20-30 minutes of gaming. Help?

Nov 3, 2012
All i can say is call support and set up a possible repair ticket.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: I have CECHE 80 GB PS3 that freezes after about 20-30 minutes of gaming. Help?

Nov 3, 2012

jarus_jian wrote:
All i can say is call support and set up a possible repair ticket.

Ughhh... I'd like to prevent that if possible... I want to fix this myself. 

But, thanks for the reply

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4472 posts

Nov 3, 2012
You can try to access the safty mode and completely restore the system to default but it doesnt always fix it and you will lose everything on the system so make sure to at least write down all your account info.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 3, 2012

buckallmighty wrote:
You can try to access the safty mode and completely restore the system to default but it doesnt always fix it and you will lose everything on the system so make sure to at least write down all your account info.

Hmmm... I may try that. I will need to find a way to back up my system. I don't think I have an external drive large enough.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4472 posts

Nov 3, 2012
No problem I hope you get it fixed. I hate seeing all the older systems having issues. I still run on one of the original release date 80gb machines myself. I have upgraded the hard drive to 500gb and it sounds like a chainsaw once I get into some games. Still works flawlessly but I do worry.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes