Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3585 posts
 

Re: I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

Jun 13, 2013

TwinDad wrote:

PlayHuhO wrote:

I think there are a several major positive things that Sony has stated that override a lot of the negative that is 'Online Multiplayer requires a PS+ membership for the PS4' and those are:

 

- Will not impose Used Game fees (though it sounds as though Online Passes may still be on the table for publishers).

- Online multiplayer will remain free for PS3 and PS Vita.

- A free PS4 game per month for at least the first year for PS+ subscribers (certainly softens the blow of having to pay to play online, no?).

- A single PS+ membership is all that is needed for all members of a household to play online, and will apply to TWO consoles.

- Does NOT require an always on internet connection.

- Does NOT require a live camera/mic 24/7.

- $399.

 
I am sold!! Hence why now I am preordered PS 4 (FULL) :smileyvery-happy:

All the systems have negatives. It's just are you, as a gamer willing to live with those restrictions to play a game.

 

I'm not sure I'm willing to live with the always on internet connection that will be required for GAIKAI. BUt I do have an option to not puchase that, so I'm still good.


Yes they do twin but in the end all I want is a great console to play games. Not forcing me to get internet to play MP games. Heck if I wanted that I would have gone to xbox all those years ago..I'll let the backwards compatability go but the offering for Sony is not that good. For example, For charging they give ps plus members some free games. Well that should be offering free for as long as you are a online member. At least that last statement would make it seemed like you cared by forcing us internet fee's!!!!!

 

Twin. I think IM done with gaming.....

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3585 posts
 

Re: I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

Jun 13, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Seems to me we are losing something that was great about Sony. I loved having a great console and that's all I expected from it. IS everyone truly happy or are you saying you are because Sony not jumping on the bandwagon about used games? Its not my fault Sony built a crappy ps3 console but why not offer backwards compatibility? Why in the heck are we charging for online services?

 

So far Im not truly impressed with either big time brands Microsoft or Sony. What it seems like is the big huge companies dictating what they want us to like. Not offering us a choice as gamers but forcing us to accept or leave. I may be over reacting a little but that's how I see it. I may be alone in this thought pattern but the "GOOD OLE DAYS ARE GONE".......

 

 

What a shame.....

 

 


Do you want backwards compatibility? Play your PS3. Either that or use Gaikai technology on PS4 in 2014 to stream PS3 games onto your PS4. In both these situations, if you want to save money, play your old gen games on the PS3. Plus the PS3 wasn't crappy. 


Hey thanks Mr microsoft. Forcing me to go play an older console... Yep that solves the whole problem!!

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/14/2007
Online
8432 posts
 

Re: I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

Jun 13, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

smoothboarder540 wrote:

Yeah you are definitely in the minority on that one. I certainly do not feel that the PS3 is a crappy console. And why the heck are you complaining about restrictions? Sony looks like a saint compared to Microsoft. If Sony wanted to release a backwards-compatible PS4 the case would be twice as big and a couple hundred dollars more. If it's that important to play your ps3 games that you have for your "crappy" ps3, then just buy another ps3. You'd probably pay the same amount of money in the end. Not to mention the fact that in a year or two you wouldn't even be playing ps3 games anymore, even if it was backwards-compatible.

As far as the paying for online issue goes; you do realize that's one of the main reasons Xbox Live was so successful and offered a quality experience, right? And on the PS4 it's $10 cheaper, as well as offering free games every month.

The total price you have to pay for the PS4 is a huge improvement to me. If you take inflation into account, the $599 for the PS3 is equivalant to $690 in 2013. That's nearly $300 more than the PS4. Obviously whether or not the PS4 will be worth it depends on Sony making good on their promises and that the quality of the console is good. But you know what? We will not know until the console comes out. And I have faith that Sony will come through.


You missed the entire point. I had quality online back in ps2 days. Guess what? It didn't cost me internet fee's. Im not a typical gamer and the so called value deal Sony is offering with the ps4 isn't that great. SO maybe yes I am a minority. As I've said it seems by comparison of the xbox1 is where everyone is right now. Since Sony isn't doing what xbox1 did makes it better. Unfortunately not by my value's they do.

 

I've say we've lost a lot from flashy graphics to singular gameplay and now no backwards compatibility to paying for online. How can these guys say this console is for the gamers. Even now Sony isn't listening. But IM not here to argue, just wanted to see if IM alone and since I am. problem solved. Thx anyway


So between the current obsession of graphics over substance, and tacking multiplayer on it's left you feeling like the game experience is diluted? I am in agreegrment there.

 

I want BC, but I understand why it is not there. As I said before it added value to the early PS3. I am just not sure it stops a purchase, yet (for me).

 

I think paying for online was inevitable. They would have to significatly raise the price of the game, or charge per game. I know that MMO's often charge a monthly fee, why they decided to not let it up to the pulblisher, I can't say.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3585 posts
 

Re: I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

Jun 13, 2013

TwinDad wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

smoothboarder540 wrote:

Yeah you are definitely in the minority on that one. I certainly do not feel that the PS3 is a crappy console. And why the heck are you complaining about restrictions? Sony looks like a saint compared to Microsoft. If Sony wanted to release a backwards-compatible PS4 the case would be twice as big and a couple hundred dollars more. If it's that important to play your ps3 games that you have for your "crappy" ps3, then just buy another ps3. You'd probably pay the same amount of money in the end. Not to mention the fact that in a year or two you wouldn't even be playing ps3 games anymore, even if it was backwards-compatible.

As far as the paying for online issue goes; you do realize that's one of the main reasons Xbox Live was so successful and offered a quality experience, right? And on the PS4 it's $10 cheaper, as well as offering free games every month.

The total price you have to pay for the PS4 is a huge improvement to me. If you take inflation into account, the $599 for the PS3 is equivalant to $690 in 2013. That's nearly $300 more than the PS4. Obviously whether or not the PS4 will be worth it depends on Sony making good on their promises and that the quality of the console is good. But you know what? We will not know until the console comes out. And I have faith that Sony will come through.


You missed the entire point. I had quality online back in ps2 days. Guess what? It didn't cost me internet fee's. Im not a typical gamer and the so called value deal Sony is offering with the ps4 isn't that great. SO maybe yes I am a minority. As I've said it seems by comparison of the xbox1 is where everyone is right now. Since Sony isn't doing what xbox1 did makes it better. Unfortunately not by my value's they do.

 

I've say we've lost a lot from flashy graphics to singular gameplay and now no backwards compatibility to paying for online. How can these guys say this console is for the gamers. Even now Sony isn't listening. But IM not here to argue, just wanted to see if IM alone and since I am. problem solved. Thx anyway


So between the current obsession of graphics over substance, and tacking multiplayer on it's left you feeling like the game experience is diluted? I am in agreegrment there.

 

I want BC, but I understand why it is not there. As I said before it added value to the early PS3. I am just not sure it stops a purchase, yet (for me).

 

I think paying for online was inevitable. They would have to significatly raise the price of the game, or charge per game. I know that MMO's often charge a monthly fee, why they decided to not let it up to the pulblisher, I can't say.


Yeppers Twin, right now my ps3 is a paper weight. No good games for me to own...Was hoping ps4 would step up and they didnt. So has left me in a position of just maybe its time to walk away... Spend more time with family and friends rather than with gaming online. All I can say is enjoy while you can for all good things come to an end....

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/14/2007
Online
8432 posts
 

Re: I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

Jun 13, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

TwinDad wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

smoothboarder540 wrote:

Yeah you are definitely in the minority on that one. I certainly do not feel that the PS3 is a crappy console. And why the heck are you complaining about restrictions? Sony looks like a saint compared to Microsoft. If Sony wanted to release a backwards-compatible PS4 the case would be twice as big and a couple hundred dollars more. If it's that important to play your ps3 games that you have for your "crappy" ps3, then just buy another ps3. You'd probably pay the same amount of money in the end. Not to mention the fact that in a year or two you wouldn't even be playing ps3 games anymore, even if it was backwards-compatible.

As far as the paying for online issue goes; you do realize that's one of the main reasons Xbox Live was so successful and offered a quality experience, right? And on the PS4 it's $10 cheaper, as well as offering free games every month.

The total price you have to pay for the PS4 is a huge improvement to me. If you take inflation into account, the $599 for the PS3 is equivalant to $690 in 2013. That's nearly $300 more than the PS4. Obviously whether or not the PS4 will be worth it depends on Sony making good on their promises and that the quality of the console is good. But you know what? We will not know until the console comes out. And I have faith that Sony will come through.


You missed the entire point. I had quality online back in ps2 days. Guess what? It didn't cost me internet fee's. Im not a typical gamer and the so called value deal Sony is offering with the ps4 isn't that great. SO maybe yes I am a minority. As I've said it seems by comparison of the xbox1 is where everyone is right now. Since Sony isn't doing what xbox1 did makes it better. Unfortunately not by my value's they do.

 

I've say we've lost a lot from flashy graphics to singular gameplay and now no backwards compatibility to paying for online. How can these guys say this console is for the gamers. Even now Sony isn't listening. But IM not here to argue, just wanted to see if IM alone and since I am. problem solved. Thx anyway


So between the current obsession of graphics over substance, and tacking multiplayer on it's left you feeling like the game experience is diluted? I am in agreegrment there.

 

I want BC, but I understand why it is not there. As I said before it added value to the early PS3. I am just not sure it stops a purchase, yet (for me).

 

I think paying for online was inevitable. They would have to significatly raise the price of the game, or charge per game. I know that MMO's often charge a monthly fee, why they decided to not let it up to the pulblisher, I can't say.


Yeppers Twin, right now my ps3 is a paper weight. No good games for me to own...Was hoping ps4 would step up and they didnt. So has left me in a position of just maybe its time to walk away... Spend more time with family and friends rather than with gaming online. All I can say is enjoy while you can for all good things come to an end....


I wish you luck. I haven't played my PS3 since Ni No Kuni came out. That was the last whole experience I can remember on my PS3 that felt as good as it ever did. I've found myself playing games from the past that I missed, so as the current Dragon Quest 6. I think you and me are in about the same position. I'm hoping that the extra power of the PS4 will allow for better game play, but my suspicions are that the same experience will continue.

 

I'll see how I feel about the PS4 after PAX prime and some hands on time. If I continue to feel neutral for the PS4, I'll play my backlog and sail off into the sunset. So maybe in a way you were not alone after all.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/27/2012
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

Jun 13, 2013

PlayStation, please stay free for online :C You promised us forever.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (47 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3585 posts
 

Re: I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

Jun 14, 2013

Xccit wrote:

PlayStation, please stay free for online :C You promised us forever.


Yep thats a big thing ...

 

How is it people accept lesser and cherish it more? I just don't get it anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes