Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 13 2013
By: uh--oh Fender Bender 3755 posts

I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

26 replies 242 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

Seems to me we are losing something that was great about Sony. I loved having a great console and that's all I expected from it. IS everyone truly happy or are you saying you are because Sony not jumping on the bandwagon about used games? Its not my fault Sony built a crappy ps3 console but why not offer backwards compatibility? Why in the heck are we charging for online services?

So far Im not truly impressed with either big time brands Microsoft or Sony. What it seems like is the big huge companies dictating what they want us to like. Not offering us a choice as gamers but forcing us to accept or leave. I may be over reacting a little but that's how I see it. I may be alone in this thought pattern but the "GOOD OLE DAYS ARE GONE".......

What a shame.....

Message 1 of 27 (242 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5742 posts

Re: I guess everyone is happy about the ps4????

Jun 13, 2013
First of all, the ps3 wasn't a crappy console. My kids are playing my phat 60gig right now. Its still the beast it was when I pulled it fresh out of the box.

Now my console choice was the 360 and m$ choices led me back here. I'm happy that the only major change is paying for online. It can only make the experience better. I like live better than psn. That may change now.

The good ol days were gone when gamers started testing for developers. When it became easier to just patch a game later after release.
Message 2 of 27 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jun 13, 2013

un4gvn2 wrote:
First of all, the ps3 wasn't a crappy console. My kids are playing my phat 60gig right now. Its still the beast it was when I pulled it fresh out of the box.

Now my console choice was the 360 and m$ choices led me back here. I'm happy that the only major change is paying for online. It can only make the experience better. I like live better than psn. That may change now.

The good ol days were gone when gamers started testing for developers. When it became easier to just patch a game later after release.

Sorry but what I meant was the fact its been stated(PS3) to be very hard to program for thats why the ps4 went away from that design. Secondly IM not seeing a huge jump in gaming to the ps4 that doesn't take way from what made me choose Sony a long time ago.

Message 3 of 27 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5742 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I hear what your saying about backwards compatibility. It was huge with me when I got a ps3 and having a Psone/2. It matters little to me since I've been buying all 360 games but I always felt (since they took it out of the ps3) that gamers should have that choice.

Don't forget mandatory internet connection. Crap happens and I want the ability to play without being online or a camera to spy on me. So yes, I am truly happy with Sony (again)
Message 4 of 27 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Not everything has been said about the PS4. We still have 5-6 months left. They will tell us more stuff as the release dates continues to approach. As for me, I already have mine preordered. I'm very happy with what Sony is doing with the PS4

Message 5 of 27 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8469 posts

Jun 13, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Seems to me we are losing something that was great about Sony. I loved having a great console and that's all I expected from it. IS everyone truly happy or are you saying you are because Sony not jumping on the bandwagon about used games? Its not my fault Sony built a crappy ps3 console but why not offer backwards compatibility? Why in the heck are we charging for online services?

So far Im not truly impressed with either big time brands Microsoft or Sony. What it seems like is the big huge companies dictating what they want us to like. Not offering us a choice as gamers but forcing us to accept or leave. I may be over reacting a little but that's how I see it. I may be alone in this thought pattern but the "GOOD OLE DAYS ARE GONE".......

What a shame.....

I can understand the feeling of no choice. It seems as if the good old games are gone, but i think that depends on how you r view what games you are interested in.

I'm interested in a PS4. If I was to not buy one it would not because I could not play used games, or that I need a PS+ pass to play online. It would because I could upgrade my PC to the same technology for about the same price (let us not argue PC tech please), and purchase the games cheaper on steam or gog. If I do buy one it's because of exclusives like uncharted.

So your feelings of lost are based on losing functionality in the PS4 from what the PS3 had?

Message 6 of 27 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jun 13, 2013

There is no WOW factor for both consoles.. This generation

I'm just going to ride out the remaining life on the PS3...  When it goes I'll take another look at both consoles..

If I still do not like what I see... PC games cost less 

Looks like the PC market will do better from this console generation anyhow...

Message 7 of 27 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jun 13, 2013

TwinDad wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

What a shame.....

I can understand the feeling of no choice. It seems as if the good old games are gone, but i think that depends on how you r view what games you are interested in.

I'm interested in a PS4. If I was to not buy one it would not because I could not play used games, or that I need a PS+ pass to play online. It would because I could upgrade my PC to the same technology for about the same price (let us not argue PC tech please), and purchase the games cheaper on steam or gog. If I do buy one it's because of exclusives like uncharted.

So your feelings of lost are based on losing functionality in the PS4 from what the PS3 had?

Sort of, for if a console has us the "gamers" in mind it would allow us to not only have the advantage of playing the previous consoles games plus the new one's. Also don't forget the charge now for internet services. Seems to me I choose sony those many years ago because cost was less than the other big brand. You forget, we buy a console, we pay for internet, we pay for games , where is the benefit of choosing Sony now?

I feel we are losing more than we are gaining......

Message 8 of 27 (184 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8267 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I think there are a several major positive things that Sony has stated that override a lot of the negative that is 'Online Multiplayer requires a PS+ membership for the PS4' and those are:

- Will not impose Used Game fees (though it sounds as though Online Passes may still be on the table for publishers).

- Online multiplayer will remain free for PS3 and PS Vita.

- A free PS4 game per month for at least the first year for PS+ subscribers (certainly softens the blow of having to pay to play online, no?).

- A single PS+ membership is all that is needed for all members of a household to play online, and will apply to TWO consoles.

- Does NOT require an always on internet connection.

- Does NOT require a live camera/mic 24/7.

- $399.

Message 9 of 27 (182 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

I think there are a several major positive things that Sony has stated that override a lot of the negative that is 'Online Multiplayer requires a PS+ membership for the PS4' and those are:

- Will not impose Used Game fees (though it sounds as though Online Passes may still be on the table for publishers).

- Online multiplayer will remain free for PS3 and PS Vita.

- A free PS4 game per month for at least the first year for PS+ subscribers (certainly softens the blow of having to pay to play online, no?).

- A single PS+ membership is all that is needed for all members of a household to play online, and will apply to TWO consoles.

- Does NOT require an always on internet connection.

- Does NOT require a live camera/mic 24/7.

- $399.

I am sold!! Hence why now I am preordered PS 4 (FULL) :smileyvery-happy:

Message 10 of 27 (179 Views)
0 Likes