Nov 06 2011
By: Naumov23 Wastelander 690 posts

I feel like handhelds are for kids..

18 replies 196 views Edited Nov 6, 2011

Like, im 17 .. turning 18 soon and i feel like handhelds are for kids, i use to have a psp when i was 12-16 .. now i have the iphone (games are AWFUL on iphone!) .. but psp was amazing back then and i kinda miss those times, now that PSvita is coming out i really want it but i feel like im too "OLD" for having a handheld and need to focus on "ADULT" stuff.. idk if im being ridiculous or not but whatevA~ ..  BTW my fav game on psp / playstation all together is SOCOM and uncharted they're amazing. idk why i added tht but whatev.

SO main question is am i too old to have a ps vita?

¡ P L A Y S T A T I O N - - - 4 - - - - L i F E !
Message 1 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Re: I feel like handhelds are for kids..

Nov 6, 2011

No your not XD, I recently turned 19 and I still want one. My whole group of friends want one too. I mean what "normal" kids do these days is drink, party, and smoke drugs. I consider that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more inmature than playing an handheld system any day.

My awesome website .
Message 2 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Nov 6, 2011

No offfense dude but you are no near old for a ps vita or gaming for that matter your still a KID. I dunno even know how you got an Iphone at 17 ( rich parents I guess ) But you should get the vita if you loved the psp.I did as well I'm 26 ( not old either ) and so getting a vita once it hits the mark.It will be better for since I travel.Just face it you are not that old.

Message 3 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 6, 2011

That's pretty much saying gaming in general is for children only... you'll be playing Uncharted, Resistance, or Killzone on your Vita and feelin' like a kid? Gaming is entertainment, you're never too old for gaming (no matter the system) it's for everyone!

Message 4 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Nov 6, 2011

I think age has nothing to do with any gaming device. It's mostly personal preference. You're probably not liking video games anymore and are attracted to other things. I'm still playing video games at the age of 21, and I'll probably continue till the day I can't. The reason is because I love playing video games.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 5 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 6, 2011

You need to realize what makes you adult(mature) is how you act. you can have fun with Barbie dolls and be in you're 60's and still be a adult(mature). you can do adult(mature) things and be a kid(immature).

hope that clears it up for you.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 6 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1268 posts

Nov 6, 2011

I'm 30 and I still want a PS Vita. I have plenty of responsibilities to take care of, but there will always be time for gaming, even on handhelds.

So to answer your question, no, you're not too old for a PS Vita.

This thread just reminded me of this commercial:

Message 7 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Nov 6, 2011

It depends on preference. As one ages, their interests and/or preferences may change significantly so it's still up to the person to decide.

Personally, I'm 20 and I still haven't changed from my gaming habits on a PSP 3 years ago, and how I found smartphone gaming too shallow. (And my nearsightedness prevents me from enjoying the 3BS for even 8 minutes that I tried it on Futureshop's demo.) So yeah, a Vita is the only upgrade path for me.

Message 8 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4080 posts

Nov 6, 2011

I kind of agree with you in a way I'm 20 but love gaming and don't see me stopping on the other hand there is something about handheld gaming is for young kids. When I was 14 I got a PSP when it first came out which was great for taking to school or going on long car rides.  Now that I'm older consoles just seem better fit for my age. guOh and to that one guy talkin about rich parents to get a iphone lol aye you never kno he could have a job. My parents had money, but I had been buying my own cell phone since I was 16 because my mom said if it was over 100 she wasnt paying

Dopeboy_8732 Trophy Card

Message 9 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 6, 2011

lol .. ive had a phone since i was 10 .. sooo, plus i got the psp @ 12.. macbook @ 15 .. ps3 @ 15 and iphone @ 17 and a 360 but 360 is horrible, only reason i have one is cuz of xbl .. all my family and friends play mw3 on there. But besides that. im jus saying, like if we went on a family trip, sitting in the back seat playing a psvita would make me feel like a little kid, plus i have a job dude.. and im going to college soon, i just graduated BO$$.. anyways. OH and i have a car.. dude i just realized how made i got IT .. OHH HO HO HO MARRY XMAS I GOT IT MADE LIKE MAIDS IN MAID OF THE HONOR, WEDDING STTYLEEEEEEEZ

¡ P L A Y S T A T I O N - - - 4 - - - - L i F E !
Message 10 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes