First Son
9 posts

Re: I don't use Facebook or Twitter. On PS4 I would like social features to include Google Plus, aka

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Awesome

Message 41 of 50 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: I don't use Facebook or Twitter. On PS4 I would like social features to include Google Plus, aka

Nov 20, 2013

Codmaul wrote:

Re-Tard3 wrote:

I too don't have/want a facebook page.  I do, however, have a twitter... but unless I am missing something... the PS4 does not work with Twitter.. correct?

Only for pics

Video clips require facebook at the moment

Awesome... its better than nothing.  I will try it tonight

Message 42 of 50 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1103 posts

Nov 20, 2013

If they ever approve it, I actually posted a "Add Google+ to PSN) suggestion via the Blog.Share.

When I have a link I will toss up here for G+ folk to upvote Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 50 (203 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Nov 20, 2013

I havent' gotten a PS4 yet and I have a question about it that kinda concerns this so didnt' make a new thread.... I DO have a FB account (just for the IM feature that I can use with Trillian). Also have a Twitter account to follow on Trillian so I can follow Playstation and whatnot to keep up with posts and product releases (and update notifications). However, I dont' give a rats arse about sharing my game feeds or anything social related. Yes I play online but I dont' need any of this crap to play with friends. I read the PS4 automatically records 15 minutes of gameplay every so often on the hard drive......

Can you turn all this social FB/twitter crap off? I could care less about posting gameplay, and rather not have the PS4 wasting hard drive space on gameplay vids. I want a game console, not a social console lol

Message 44 of 50 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Mightylink wrote:

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Just create a Facebook.

How about no, some of us don't want to sign up for a website that sells your personal information... Sony should really offer more options for sharing this stuff, being able to export the files to a usb would be a great start, or transfer them through a network. Then we can put them on our PC's and use any service we want to share with.

Sorry, but doesn't basically every social site either use or sell your info now, even G+? I haven't found a site yet that doesn't do it, then I get emails from sites I never even visited or had any interest it. It happens with Phone Numbers, Email addressess, etc. You can't really get away from it anymore.

Message 45 of 50 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Nov 22, 2013

DragonIrons wrote:

I havent' gotten a PS4 yet and I have a question about it that kinda concerns this so didnt' make a new thread.... I DO have a FB account (just for the IM feature that I can use with Trillian). Also have a Twitter account to follow on Trillian so I can follow Playstation and whatnot to keep up with posts and product releases (and update notifications). However, I dont' give a rats arse about sharing my game feeds or anything social related. Yes I play online but I dont' need any of this crap to play with friends. I read the PS4 automatically records 15 minutes of gameplay every so often on the hard drive......

Can you turn all this social FB/twitter crap off? I could care less about posting gameplay, and rather not have the PS4 wasting hard drive space on gameplay vids. I want a game console, not a social console lol

You would have to put in your credentials for it, it's not in your face at all whether you input it or not.

I do use Twitter and if I want to upload a picture I have to go out of the way to do it, it's not automatic. Nor are video clips.

So in order to make it easier on one they have the accounts linkable to in settings, and then when you have something to share, you can more easily do it.

When you first setup your PS4 user account you can bypass the FB settings. The only time you'll find "sharing" stuff is when you "share" so no, 

The PS4 auto records here and there. So do nothing with it, it's just what it does, which is in case you care, you can watch anything it records, just not share it. It's there for your own pleasure (ignoring it is fully possible) and IF you want to share something, then you can.

Message 46 of 50 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Nov 22, 2013
People actually use google plus. Wow. Most of them probably just use it to be able to comment on youtube.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 47 of 50 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Just because Facebook is publicly known for selling information, doesn't mean they're the only ones who do it...

If you're on the internet, your info (name, likes, dislikes, etc.) are pretty much up for grabs.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 48 of 50 (176 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
People actually use google plus. Wow. Most of them probably just use it to be able to comment on youtube.

That's totally biased and not true. I am a person who uses G+ and I do NOT comment on YouTube regularly or have G+ because of that. 

Some people have G+ just to comment on YouTube probably, but that's a recent sort of G+ user.

Thousands of G+ users in communities I'm in on G+.

Really, G+ users do exist. G+ > FB (Quality)

Message 49 of 50 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 23, 2013

My guess is that Sony needed an easy way to store your videos, so they wouldn't have to create a giant cloud to store them. By having you link your FB, Sony has a free space to put your video for you to share. More people have FB accounts then any other. Makes it the first choice. I am sure that G+ will make it at some point, along with YouTube. I don't have FB or G+. So if we are asking Sony for a wish list. Let me use my Dropbox to store my videos to share with my other PSN freinds.

Message 50 of 50 (147 Views)
0 Likes