I Only Post Everything
1380 posts

Re: i dont understand

Nov 28, 2013
I went all out and got a SAMSUNG 840 PRO for $350, I love it, SSD is fast!! I had the money to blow, but every1 else I really recommend to get the 1TB SSHD. This will be the signature hard drive when a lot of PS4 games install blow past the 500gb
Message 41 of 51 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Feb 1, 2014
Whoa thanks for this. I'll be ordering mine sometime this week afforadable and just what I was looking for I'll be buying 1 500GB one and 1 TB for the PS4 great stuff.
Message 42 of 51 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

May 28, 2014

First off sorry for necroing this thread however I was wondering if any of you or some else has had Freezing issues ever since upgrading their HDD's to this model.

I have and I've experienced multiple freezes I honestly have no clue whats going on has any one else had this issue? I've already tried reformatting it again and no good. and My ps3 hasn't been having this issue until this HDD was put in

Message 43 of 51 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 28, 2014

While its true an SSD won't increase graphics quality, it can enhance gameplay quality.

Games that use high res textures tend to load just the textures in the near distance, and as you get closer to distant objects, they start to load those textures. So say you're running at a fast pace in a first person shooter, you will get to those textures much quicker and sometimes you'll notice "texture pop-in", where the texture is half loaded and fuzzy until the hard drive can catch up and load the full resolution.

An SSD allieviates that effect and you get a more seamless visual experience in most games. On my PS3 it made a huge difference with games like Borderlands and Blackops where you can really sprint and move around the map fast.

I dont have the need just yet for an SSD on my PS4, but when I can find a good deal on a higher capacity drive, I'll jump on it. It's worth it.

Message 44 of 51 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

May 28, 2014
Message 45 of 51 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1562 posts

May 28, 2014

I don't understand why sony had to go with 2.5", there are 6tb 3.5" coming out now, that would of been a lot better. Was sacraficing hard drive size really worth making the console so small <_<

Message 46 of 51 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Re: I don't understand using SSDs in PS4s

May 28, 2014
SSD's have faster read times.
So games that stream from the HD will perform better, and load times in badly made games will be shorter.

It's a good idea, but it's a better idea to get a good laptop and play the pc versions of Xbox1/PS4 games, and use mods with them, or adjust settings so they look and perform better. SSD's up the cost of a PS4 by around another $200, along with PSplus you're spending way to much for a PC that can't function as one.

A few seconds matter in load times, it's long enough to switch from thinking in the game world to appraising it, outside it. Load screens ruin immertion.

The best option is an 11" laptop with the best gpu available. A lot of ram, which you use as a hard drive, which saves to your SSD when you turn it off or enter sleep mode.

Like that you could even use a spinning drive, which only spins when it loads RAM and is saved to fro RAM, but Hard Dives break so easily a SSD is worth the cost.

If you want an 11" laptop with a GTX880m, you'll need to get it custom made, not even Clevo can do such magical work as cutting motherboards in half and soldering connections together. Bit more than that, but worth the effort.

If you've got a PS4, and you use it a lot, why not get the best experience you can with it?
Something to keep in mind is current hardware is no where near adequate for current software. Artists are limited by current hardware. No matter what hardware is available, it will not be enough.
Message 47 of 51 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1562 posts

May 28, 2014

Drobitov wrote:
So games that stream from the HD will perform better, and load times in badly made games will be shorter.

It's a good idea, but it's a better idea to get a good laptop and play the pc versions of Xbox1/PS4 games, and use mods with them, or adjust settings so they look and perform better. SSD's up the cost of a PS4 by around another $200, along with PSplus you're spending way to much for a PC that can't function as one.

A few seconds matter in load times, it's long enough to switch from thinking in the game world to appraising it, outside it. Load screens ruin immertion.

The best option is an 11" laptop with the best gpu available. A lot of ram, which you use as a hard drive, which saves to your SSD when you turn it off or enter sleep mode.

Like that you could even use a spinning drive, which only spins when it loads RAM and is saved to fro RAM, but Hard Dives break so easily a SSD is worth the cost.

If you want an 11" laptop with a GTX880m, you'll need to get it custom made, not even Clevo can do such magical work as cutting motherboards in half and soldering connections together. Bit more than that, but worth the effort.

If you've got a PS4, and you use it a lot, why not get the best experience you can with it?
Something to keep in mind is current hardware is no where near adequate for current software. Artists are limited by current hardware. No matter what hardware is available, it will not be enough.

Plus you get to watch your epeen grow faster in games that show everyones load bars like Warframe :3

Message 48 of 51 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

May 28, 2014

PheeNoIVI wrote:

What is the point of putting an ssd in the ps4? The graphics are stuck at what they are. You can control them to your specific hardware like a pc. So what's the point? seems like a really expensive speed boost for load times?

__
Moderator edit: Updated title to be more descriptive and added a thread label - Meowstro

Graphics has nothing to do with an SSD. All an SSD does is decrease the load times as compared to a regular HDD. So yes, a faster game bootup + less intervals in loading times. That's pretty much it.

Message 49 of 51 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

May 28, 2014

Mightylink wrote:

Drobitov wrote:

Plus you get to watch your epeen grow faster in games that show everyones load bars like Warframe :3

Or... still have to wait for EVERYONE ELSE TO LOAD like some of the other games.... like CoD... etc.

Message 50 of 51 (184 Views)
0 Likes