Treasure Hunter
4976 posts

Re: I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Really what's the point of bringing out next gen systems. Honestly the graphics you can barely tell the difference. The ps4 from the ps3 is barely even a huge upgrade. Really most of the upgrades are gonna be online and multiplayer based but I don't use that anyway. Really how much better can they make the graphics thier already so good on the ps3. I just think they could have waited a few more years until maybe there was a huge difference.

What you are saying is false. You're comparing PS3 games from 2013 to PS2 games. Of course there's an enormous difference there, but early PS3 games looked like very good PS2 games. Early PS2 games looked like very good PS1 games. That's the way it's always been. Sony has always released a PlayStation console within six years of the previous one, except the PS4. If the PS4 is released this year, then it will have been seven years since the release of the PS3. If anything the PS4 is overdue. Why do people like you want to wait until the PS3 is completely obsolete before we even get the ball rolling on the PS4. It usually takes about two years for a console to get a decent selection of games and to work out all the kinks. There needs to be a transition period.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 31 of 45 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Re: I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Really what's the point of bringing out next gen systems. Honestly the graphics you can barely tell the difference. The ps4 from the ps3 is barely even a huge upgrade. Really most of the upgrades are gonna be online and multiplayer based but I don't use that anyway. Really how much better can they make the graphics thier already so good on the ps3. I just think they could have waited a few more years until maybe there was a huge difference.

Because they will have better technology to work with.

They couldn't bring out better games because ms was holding developers back..

This was from developers mouths, as to why games are buggy, less advanced then they should be, is because the xbox is so under powered and dont have storage medium that it would be unfair to make better games for the other systems and not for the 360. The 360 is holding everyone back...

This will change this gen due to almost same specs and the addition of blu-ray.

Now they will have all the storage they need and the power is pretty much on par with each other, just the the os's are a few years apart.

xboxone has windows 8 and the ps4 has windows 7...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 32 of 45 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
And no the last of us will not be the last best game. That beyond game with Ellen page looks way better. Also tales of xillia is gonna be amazing. I don't think last of us even looks that great.

Well.. You haven't played Last of Us yet.... I have, and beat it.... Beyond:Two Souls is a totally different game and from i've seen from the currenty gameplay they've shown.... Doesn't look promising. I liked Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy, but they weren't exactly "huge".

Furiously Chaosing
Message 33 of 45 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 31, 2014

The multiplayer capacity is one of the improvements yes, but there is also the SSD (solid state drive) upgrades which allows to save faster,and the fact that you can also be able to watch your online friends play their games and chat with them to and be able to take control of the game if they are in dire need or stuck on something. 

Message 34 of 45 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

You should watch this video

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2014

I think this shows and explains some of the differences in the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NUX2rG_u8w

Message 35 of 45 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Oct 31, 2014

biohazardslimjim wrote:

The multiplayer capacity is one of the improvements yes, but there is also the SSD (solid state drive) upgrades which allows to save faster,and the fact that you can also be able to watch your online friends play their games and chat with them to and be able to take control of the game if they are in dire need or stuck on something. 

Why would you revive this?

Message 36 of 45 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7331 posts

Oct 31, 2014

To me, this is just my opinion, it made sense for Sony.

Games were being maxed out in terms of capacity of RAM. Granted, I don't believe, the Cell CPU was being fully utilized and this gave Sony a chance to rethink their hardware strategy.

It also isn't all about graphics. They changed their security model and that helps deter pirating of games which devs are always thankful for, they go back to a standard architecure which allows better quality of games to be developed specifically for the 4 and not ported and gives them more flexibility with the 8GB of RAM.

In theory the Cell would have been the way to go but obviously the devs couldn't get behind it. This helps get away from that "mistake" if you want to call it that.

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 37 of 45 (67 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1148 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

A game that came early this gen would be Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. Compare those visuals to Skyrim. That is a major factor here, too

Both Oblivion and Skyrim look crap on PS3. 

Message 38 of 45 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1148 posts

Oct 31, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

To me, this is just my opinion, it made sense for Sony.

Games were being maxed out in terms of capacity of RAM. Granted, I don't believe, the Cell CPU was being fully utilized and this gave Sony a chance to rethink their hardware strategy.

It also isn't all about graphics. They changed their security model and that helps deter pirating of games which devs are always thankful for, they go back to a standard architecure which allows better quality of games to be developed specifically for the 4 and not ported and gives them more flexibility with the 8GB of RAM.

In theory the Cell would have been the way to go but obviously the devs couldn't get behind it. This helps get away from that "mistake" if you want to call it that.

I totally agree.  this is just a new PS3 with an "easier" Processor to work with.

Message 39 of 45 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 31, 2014

I agree that there hasn't been a real noticeable improvement over the last gen, but i don't agree about having to wait a couple more years. The last gen was already on a decade long run, so it was well past time to develop a next gen console.

The problem has more to do with bothe Sony and Microsofts decisions with hardware. There is ALREADY a ton of hardware that is FAR more advanced than what is currently in these consoles. In FACT, there are bargain bin parts available that are several YEARS old, that are far more powerful than the components in these consoles.

The decision to keep these consoles cheap is the biggest factor in why we haven't seen a huge leap in terms of overall game development. Sure, the same couple of guys will come here and try to SELL you a bill of goods on why YOUR opinion is wrong, but anyone with an open mind who isn't a fanboy will admit that there isn't anything revolutionary with these consoles.

It seems almost every game is an overhyped disappointment. The best titles are REMASTERS from the previous gen. The Playstation plus is NOT a smooth and reliable service, which is now something we PAY for.

Perhaps this is simply a slow to catch on generation for developers, who still seem to think that First Person Shooters are the benchmark to shoot for.

Maybe we'll finally start seeing some games that are truly heads and shoulders above the last gen, but for NOW, it simply isn't all that.

Message 40 of 45 (50 Views)
0 Likes