Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

Jun 10, 2013
And no the last of us will not be the last best game. That beyond game with Ellen page looks way better. Also tales of xillia is gonna be amazing. I don't think last of us even looks that great.
Message 21 of 45 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

Jun 10, 2013

Eh... it depends more on the game engine the game is using.

YB

Message 22 of 45 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013
I'll be honest, the only next gen game that has blown me away visually was Killzone Shadowfall. Holy Jesus does that game look pretty.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 23 of 45 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Jun 10, 2013
I actually agree with the opening poster. Physics, AI, AA, shaders and multiplayer are the biggest gainers next gen. Poly count and texture res get big boosts too but it'd be hardly noticeable to the average Joe. Put the PS3 in the hands of a capable team of designers and you get games like Journey, GTA V and GT6. I still find myself surprised at Ace Combat 6 and Forza 4 on the Xbox. I think directors add more to the experience anyway.
Message 24 of 45 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jun 10, 2013

There's always one "there is no difference"  troll in every generation. Congratulations on being that troll.

Seriously... find me a current-gen game that can compare to the new Killzone. If you can't see the performance difference between that game and this generation, you're a lost cause.

Message 25 of 45 (133 Views)
Wastelander
680 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Crysis 3...

Oh there is a difference, I listed them as a matter of fact. If you play a game for pretty visuals I suggest you buy The Last of Us or L.A. Noire or Crysis 3 for that matter...

If you want a PS4 go ahead, I won't stop you either. You'll get better load times and frame rates, further draw distances and more objects on screen. But I'll maintain my opinion with confidence that the biggest updates this gen will not be visual.
Message 26 of 45 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013

Crysis 3 doesn't looking anything like Killzone. Don't kid yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGlu3e9kdks

C3 is a nice looking game. But Killzone it is not.

Message 27 of 45 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Okay then... Walk me through all the ways that is better than Crysis 3...

I'll level with you, I'm no developer but I see a lot of gamma and particle effects and lot of things designers can lie their way to this gen thanks to animated textures among other things.
Message 28 of 45 (114 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28980 posts

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Really what's the point of bringing out next gen systems.

Message 29 of 45 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jun 10, 2013

I personally don't find it early at all.

The PS3 was first released in 2006, in Japan. Then reach America, and other countries shortly after.

It's been a few years, and technology has advanced quite a bit since the release of the PS3. What's not a better time to release a more advanced console, than in 2013? I think it's a great time.

Though sure, there's more advanced electronics out there, than the PS4 itself. But, it's a more improved console to own.

Also, no one is saying people should go out and buy a PS4 right away. Clearly, not everyone will be able to do that, or even want to.

But it wouldn't hurt to at least consider it. The PS3 will probably last for a year or 2, after the release of the PS4. 

They haven't officially stated if they'll close the network access on the PS3, or not. I'm sure they won't right away, because they know not everyone will merge over instantly.

But in time, it will happen.

Message 30 of 45 (93 Views)
0 Likes