Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
All I'm trying to say is I think they could have waited two more years made the ps4 even better and we would have still been happy with ps3. Your also right on the not using full blu ray disks I forgot that too. I just dunno how much better the graphics can get thier already so much better then I ever expected. Think of the days playing nes did you ever think what we have now was possible I didn't. And what about the hand drawn games they will not look any better at all. Well a little but I dunno I just dunno how much better they can make it.

They never thought it could get this good. Well.. maybe you are in the same boat except thirty years later. You simply cannot imagine that they could get more real. Trust me, games can get much more real.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 11 of 45 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

Jun 10, 2013
Don't get me wrong bob I will get a ps4 but you really did open my eyes to a few things I did not think of. So thanks for that. And i did say that with my snes like yea they can never make graphics better then this so lets see what the future holds.
Message 12 of 45 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Don't get me wrong bob I will get a ps4 but you really did open my eyes to a few things I did not think of. So thanks for that. And i did say that with my snes like yea they can never make graphics better then this so lets see what the future holds.

Do not think I am criticizing you Smiley Tongue! I am trying to let you see a bit into the possibilities so that you can share in the excitement tomorrow with E3!

Message 13 of 45 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jun 10, 2013
I don't at all you actually awnswered my question greatly. I now am a lot more educated and looking forward to what new graphics and power it can do. If its as big a difference as you say I will be very excited.
Message 14 of 45 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
I don't at all you actually awnswered my question greatly. I now am a lot more educated and looking forward to what new graphics and power it can do. If its as big a difference as you say I will be very excited.

Awesome! The big problem with this year and possibly next year is that it is a transition period from old to new. We will see plenty of PS3/PS4 games. This means that PS3 will limit the specs in those games.

Message 15 of 45 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jun 10, 2013
its been 7 years i think its time to just move forward the systems pretty much tapped out...
Message 16 of 45 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 10, 2013
You cant tell that if the graphics are different or not. What they did was added a new color to the system to make the things more vibrant. The color was blue. It would also add more detail to all the things that prodcers of games would use to make it more realistic. They also upped the system to maintan the better graphics.
Message 17 of 45 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Jun 10, 2013

it wont matter if this does have better graphic if the ps4 today announces no used games and alwas online thats it both MS and SONY are duds and i will be hopping over to wii u if this happens i want GAMES not all this pointless no used games crap and online GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES!!!!!

Wii u peed on sony
Message 18 of 45 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013

The reason why its coming out is because people are becoming stir crazy.... games are starting to get a bit stale and the number of highly anticipated games is a lot lower now. 

The Last of Us, could very well be the very last GREAT game the PS3 has and possibly even the entire console generation (we are not at the 7th generation of consoles, on the cusp of being ushered into the 8th generation)

this is the first time that a console generation lasted longer than 5 years before a new console came out. 6 years.... if the PS4 comes out after November 11th, that makes it 7 years.

Looking back at previous console generations, you're were looking at the quality of games becoming stale even after the 3 year mark, and by the time the new console was even announced, almost no games came out because everyone was waiting and developing for the new generation of console.

Way back when, there was a new console launch almost every 2 years it seemed.

Its not about graphical quality..... thats just a byproduct of technology. Consoles have ALWAYS been behind PC graphics. 
But now that technology is exponentially advancing, graphics are no longer much of a concern. Its all about how much detail you can fit on one screen at any given moment and still deliver smooth and stable gameplay.

Once the PS4 and Xbox release, graphical quality is going to be just 1 step behind PC's. Consoles are getting ever closer and closer to PC-levels of detail. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 19 of 45 (122 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Also, the massive upgrades in memory on the systems is going to be a huge improvement. The PS3, at least, was screwed over by having such a pittance of memory in the system. Developers were limited with what they could do since in many cases there simply wasn't enough memory available to work with. All the processor speed in the world won't mean squat if you don't have enough memory available to load items for use.

With the PS4, this has all but become a non-factor due to the copious amounts of system memory available. What the developers have been able to do with the PS3 bottleneck is incredible. With the PS4, things should be pretty incredible since there isn't this artifical boundry of little/no memory. You'll be able to see far greater distances without fog or haze, you'll see a great deal more statistics and customization ability in sports games, you'll have far more AI models to interact with onscreen, a greater reduction in load times, and countless other "little thing" that you might not have been going "Uggh, I can't believe this isn't in there, or that I can't do such-and-such", but once you see it in action you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 45 (116 Views)
0 Likes