Jun 10 2013
By: mooserocka Hekseville Citizen 344 posts

I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

[ Edited ]
44 replies 516 views Edited Nov 1, 2014

Really what's the point of bringing out next gen systems. Honestly the graphics you can barely tell the difference. The ps4 from the ps3 is barely even a huge upgrade. Really most of the upgrades are gonna be online and multiplayer based but I don't use that anyway. Really how much better can they make the graphics thier already so good on the ps3. I just think they could have waited a few more years until maybe there was a huge difference.

added feedback and ideas label. GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 45 (516 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Really what's the point of bringing out next gen systems. Honestly the graphics you can barely tell the difference. The ps4 from the ps3 is barely even a huge upgrade. Really most of the upgrades are gonna be online and multiplayer based but I don't use that anyway. Really how much better can they make the graphics thier already so good on the ps3. I just think they could have waited a few more years until maybe there was a huge difference.

This is simply untrue. The graphics are not like the PS2 to PS3 for sure, but it is a huge difference. We have more dynamic lighting, more detailed environments and character models, more enemies on one screen, better animations, and much more. This is more of a fine-tuning generation of consoles. To say there is no difference is simply naive. The best visuals we will get is what we got with The Last of Us. You would not believe all the corners that have to be cut to make a game that good looking on consoles. Linearity, certain camera angles, bloom, etc. Imagine it being more open, having more enemies, and simply better looking? That is what we will get. The tiny details that can really help sell the game

EDIT: Another example is Killzone 3 to Killzone SF. The new game has tons of color and is more open. Then look at Killzone 3. Also, you are comparing the beginning of the generation with the end of the last.

A game that came early this gen would be Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. Compare those visuals to Skyrim. That is a major factor here, too

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 45 (511 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: I don't see the reason why Sony and Microsoft r bringing out next gen systems yet.

Jun 10, 2013
Yea all that is all dandy but its just not THAT much of a difference. Really so the games look a tad better for a next gen system you need a total overhaul in graphics. I just dunno how much better graphics can get they look so real already.
Message 3 of 45 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Also I never said NO difference it's just honestly how much better can it get. Sure the speed and frame rates will be better and the graphics will be nicer but thier still using the same type of disks. It's just now as big as snes to psx psx to ps2 and ps2 to ps3. It kinda looks like and LCD tv to my led tv. Same 1080 picture just better lighting and what not.
Message 4 of 45 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Yea all that is all dandy but its just not THAT much of a difference. Really so the games look a tad better for a next gen system you need a total overhaul in graphics. I just dunno how much better graphics can get they look so real already.

Imagine a game as large as Skyrim, but with the graphics of Uncharted 3. We are getting closer to that. Also, compare Battlefield 3 on consoles to PC. Here are some differences that make a HUGE difference.

PC:

64 players and amaing graphics. Better lighting, animation, sound, much larger maps.

Console:

24 players, small maps, less vehicles. 

These are large differences. Play a match of BF3 on PC and compare it. It is a MASSIVE difference

Message 5 of 45 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Also I never said NO difference it's just honestly how much better can it get. Sure the speed and frame rates will be better and the graphics will be nicer but thier still using the same type of disks. It's just now as big as snes to psx psx to ps2 and ps2 to ps3. It kinda looks like and LCD tv to my led tv. Same 1080 picture just better lighting and what not.

But the differences you state are big differences. The faster they get and stronger they get, the larger the games can become.

And the discs are never filled. Blu Ray discs have tons of memory and nearly 10x the space of a 360 disc. 

Message 6 of 45 (494 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Ok now I get what your saying more characters on a map at once. That is a huge improvement. Ok I understand that part of an upgrade.
Message 7 of 45 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jun 10, 2013

And they can become much more real. Do not fret. Or if you do not like that, prepare for Skynet.

Message 8 of 45 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jun 10, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Ok now I get what your saying more characters on a map at once. That is a huge improvement. Ok I understand that part of an upgrade.

But it not just that. The maps get bigger, those enemies become better looking and have better intelligence, and the performance of the games get better.

Message 9 of 45 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jun 10, 2013
All I'm trying to say is I think they could have waited two more years made the ps4 even better and we would have still been happy with ps3. Your also right on the not using full blu ray disks I forgot that too. I just dunno how much better the graphics can get thier already so much better then I ever expected. Think of the days playing nes did you ever think what we have now was possible I didn't. And what about the hand drawn games they will not look any better at all. Well a little but I dunno I just dunno how much better they can make it.
Message 10 of 45 (489 Views)