Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 01 2012
By: LordVDoom Sackboy 416 posts

I didnt know vita had bluetooth

10 replies 246 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

I guess vita has bluetooth..lol news to me.I didnt even realize you could do this with your vita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4e9NOIStI

can you transfer video/music/files to ps3 using blutooth at all?? 

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 1 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7611 posts

Re: I didnt know vita had bluetooth

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

Not really. The primary use of the Vita's BT for me is Bluetooth Headphones (A2DP).

Bluetooth is also slow. At a top speed of 2.1Mbit/s (~256kb/s) at optimal conditions, it's too slow to throw Game Data around.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 2 of 11 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Dec 1, 2012

that sucks

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 3 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Can you hook up a PS3 controller and use that?

Message 4 of 11 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

gliff159 wrote:

Can you hook up a PS3 controller and use that?

Don't think that works yet, not sure but from what I have heard it doesn't. Unless someone else knows more as far as I knew it wasn't possible yet, I see a lot complaining how they want to use their PS3 controller with it so I am assuming it doesn't work as of now.

Message 5 of 11 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

I'm Not trying to be mean or anything but how could you of not known? Did you never go online with your ps vita? That is the only way I can see how you missed it. Since its in network options in fact its right under Wifi settings,  Says bluetooh.  If I were you I would go into it and turn it off to save power.

Since bluetooh's default is on.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 6 of 11 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Not really. The primary use of the Vita's BT for me is Bluetooth Headphones (A2DP).

Bluetooth is also slow. At a top speed of 2.1Mbit/s (~256kb/s) at optimal conditions, it's too slow to throw Game Data around.

I was thinking that Bluetooth was used with the cross-play function in PlayStation All-Stars, where some players are on the PS3, while others are on the Vita, all playing the same game at the same time. During cross-play, I was thinking  the Vita would take the place of a  DS3 controller, and with the Vita running its own version of All-Stars, it could help compensate for the amount of game data that need to be thrown around...

Message 7 of 11 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12329 posts

Dec 2, 2012
No, that's not how it works.

Cross play in psasbr does not use the vita in a sort of cross controller way.

It's just the Vita players playing on their vita and PS3 players on the ps3. Nothing more
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 2, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:
No, that's not how it works.

Cross play in psasbr does not use the vita in a sort of cross controller way.

It's just the Vita players playing on their vita and PS3 players on the ps3. Nothing more

In the case of All-Stars it could be used as a cross controller, since the play field is quite small, but the intention is for the vita players to have their own personal screen.

Message 9 of 11 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12329 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Could, yes. But I don't see the point.

Most people would use Cross Controller if they didn't own the actual game on the Vita.

I don't see the point in doing such a thing if you have the full game and can play mulitplayer on your Vita anyway. Because if you were playing together in the same room, you would just grab a DS3 and  play all on the PS3. Because the Vita's controls are a lot less versatile than a DS3 controller (like the analog sticks for example). I don't think many people would willingly use a PS  Vita as a controller vs using a DS3 if they're playing on the same TV.

And unlike other games, there is no tactical advantage to having your own screen in this, because like SSB, the camera covers all player movement at all times. For splitscreen games I could see the use, but not for games where all the action is always on the same screen.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 11 (109 Views)
0 Likes