Nov 27 2013
By: tfarchio First Son 6 posts

I did a stupid, stupid thing

11 replies 274 views Edited Nov 27, 2013
So after waiting patiently for my preorder, I hooked up my shiny new ps4 only to see the blod. Like many others on this forum, I was upset and disappointed. I felt like Clark W. Griswald when they closed Wally World. Then my disappointment turned to anger. You see, Sony and I have a touchy relationship. It wasn't that long ago that I spent an entire night outside in the freezing Boston cold waiting for a PS3 at the Sony store only to be denied. Then after I finally got the PS3, it overheated shortly after the warranty expired. So this was the last straw. Enough Sony...enough. So I promptly sent my PS4 back to the store from whence it came. Sony was dead to me. I then proceeded to get myself an Xbone. Out of spite I defected. But it's nothing but a bunch of gimmicks. The voice control barely works (if there's any ambient background noise) and even if it did, it's nothing more than a big remote. But I STILL have to use my cable remote for the DVR, and so far most tasks (like navigating Netflix) are just faster with the controller. I barely use the voice control at all. And then there's something that feel just...well...stupid in saying XBox repeatedly out-loud, over and over again while that **bleep** Kinect watches me from above my Sony tv. It's painful...and it just serves to remind me of what I've done.

I'm now searching for a PS4.
Message 1 of 12 (274 Views)
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Re: I did a stupid, stupid thing

Nov 27, 2013

Did you try any of the fixes for the BLOD?

Message 2 of 12 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Yes. Nothing worked. The place I ordered it from didn't double box. The Sony box was beat to hell. I imagine it jarred something loose inside.
Message 3 of 12 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Hm. You should've called Sony for a warranty. They're actually expiditing all replacements, you would have had it within a week. 

But at least your X1 works!

Message 4 of 12 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Lol. Like I said, out of spite. Serves me right.
Message 5 of 12 (234 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Nov 27, 2013
OMG

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 6 of 12 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7125 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013

tfarchio wrote:
Yes. Nothing worked. The place I ordered it from didn't double box. The Sony box was beat to hell. I imagine it jarred something loose inside.

Take it back and make them give you another or  your refund. Sony dont sell it  like that  if they mishandled your purchase then  you have the right to get another  in prompt condition or your refund.  Dont leave till you do so and dont  get rude or nasty  with them just  keep  repeating i paid for a  fair product, and this condition is not fair. Please givem another or my refund in full with the tax.

If the law comes.  show them and let them the  issue  the stores damaged your product. You can also sue for selling non working bad merchandise to the consumer that was paid in working order.  This would put  sony legal  consumer contract written up to protect  you and themselves from such stores that do  that.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 7 of 12 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Nov 27, 2013

I dont think everyone is reading the whole post....

Take it from me, it is never good to make a decision while angry.

An hour of cooling off makes a world of difference.

It really sounds like you know this now and quite frankly I am impressed how candid you are about admitting the mistake.

Kudos to you.

Now go get that PS4! Smiley Happy

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 8 of 12 (206 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013

Message 9 of 12 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Thanks. I will still hang my head in shame.
Message 10 of 12 (195 Views)
0 Likes