Aug 03 2013
By: Artfuldead Uncharted Territory 1648 posts

I cannot justify buying a vita

26 replies 403 views Edited Aug 3, 2013

I've been hearing so many good things about it, but crap it's expensive XD. The system is almost 300 then the memory stick is like an extra 100. Lol i'm sorry but 300-400 for a handheld isn't worth it for any reason. Why is it so expensive?

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 1 of 27 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Re: I cannot justify buying a vita

Aug 3, 2013
My reasons i will *never* buy one until they fix its issues:

1. Expensive
2. Barely any good games
3. Overpriced PROPRIETARY memory cards (Sony really dropped the ball here by not allowing SD cards. They should release a redesign that allows SD cards. Their terrible Vita cards are overpriced and stupid)

4. Its failing.

Fix those issues, and ill jump on it.
Message 2 of 27 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

So poor **bleep** like you don't buy it.

I'm kidding. The tech isn't cheap and they don't get money like cell phone companies that get money from you paying a monthly subscription.

Here's a $250 The Walking Dead bundle w/4GB memory card. Yeah, I know it's not a big card, but you can buy a bigger one later when you can afford it.

Message 3 of 27 (394 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5178 posts

Aug 3, 2013

More people will buy one when Sony supports it more, Sony will support it more when more people buy it. Aren't we in an interesting situation? I bought a PS Vita within the first week of it's release so I feel like I have a right to complain about the lack of support it's receiving. People who are "waiting it out" are part of the problem.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
225+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 4 of 27 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Aug 3, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

So poor **bleep** like you don't buy it.

I'm kidding. The tech isn't cheap and they don't get money like cell phone companies that get money from you paying a monthly subscription.

Here's a $250 The Walking Dead bundle w/4GB memory card. Yeah, I know it's not a big card, but you can buy a bigger one later when you can afford it.

For $250 i can buy a 250GB PS3 bundle with Psplus included. Better deal imo. For whats included with that vita bundle, id say its more worth only $200. Vita is overpriced...

Message 5 of 27 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Aug 3, 2013

I may buy one because of the ps4 support it's going to get

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 6 of 27 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13232 posts

Aug 3, 2013
I'm gonna buy one for when I get my ps4.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 7 of 27 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

I really don't see people's problem with the vita. 

1. It is expensive, but you can get a good deal on a used one. I got a 3DS XL for 200 new, but I bought a Ps vita used with 3 memory cards and a game for 225. 

2. It has/is getting great games like tearaway, killzone, littlebigplanet, god of war, playstation all-stars, jak, ratchet, sly, god eater 2, rayman legends, assassins creed, dragon's crown, gravity rush and gravity rush 2 (hinted at by creator), batman, doki doki, counter-spy, and more.

3. The tons of features it has, and compatibilities with the Ps3 and Ps4.

I understand that if you are trying to buy it new, it could cost to much and it would turn people away, but you can find good deals online.

Message 8 of 27 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Aug 3, 2013

PS Vita is only overpriced to those who don't buy it. Some people do buy it. I did. I didn't get a big card until many, many months later.

The PS Vita is a good piece of hardware. It's solid as solid can be.

Sure it would be "nicer" if it didn't use proprietary cards, but Sony did NOT want this machine hacked to kingdom come, thus the proprietary memory card.

It's not great that the memory cards are so "expensive" but they can be found for less, on sale, at times.

You can get along with a 4gb card and a few downloaded games maybe (might have to juggle some things around) but definitely use Physical Cartridge Games just fine with the 4Gb card for a long time.

I did. I had the 4gb card, a few PSP games and a couple of downloaded PS Vita titles and some minis. I have several cartridge games.I have had PS+ for a long time. On my PS Vita, when we started to get PS+ content I had more content to put on my 4GB card. I had to eventually move things on and off a bit, but it wasn't a crunch for any reason. Getting a bigger card just means I can have way more on my PS Vita to play than I can even handle playing.

A Handheld device will cost money. It's a little console that is portable with a screen and control pad included. It's more than a console. It's an All-in-One.

The 3DS costs less. The 3DS XL costs less, but more than the 3DS. The PS Vita costs even more.

If one wishes to buy a portable game console then they must be able to deal with the costs involved with buying the machine, and all the peripherals needed and all the games.

So what games are wanted to be played? Do you want a PS Vita and to play Sony exclusives or get Trophies to add to your PSN ID Trophy List ... or do you just want to play games that are also on Nintendo ... then maybe that's the platform to look at.

All in all a PS Vita is a dear little piece of hardware. It's lovely and works so well, has a great picture quality, and playing on it is "just like" playing on a big console, as far as how it feels.

Playing a game on another platform feels different. I have both handheld platforms. I also have a PSP. Some games are on both the PS Vita and 3DS. I mostly will always choose PS Vita for the experience which is hands down-- really awesome.

I play Nintendo exclusives on the other piece of hardware I have now.

Negativity about the PS Vita is always high when the OP has posted negatively about the PS Vita. 

Lots of people have a PS Vita. It's not being bought in droves. Wait until later this year, things will change with Christmas coming and PS4 and doubters will keep on doubting but the future will come and when it does ... it could go anywhere.

Sony and PS4 and PS Vita all go together. So it's Gamescon where we'll next hear something more about PS Vita. Keep your ears tuned!

Message 9 of 27 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

PS Vita is only overpriced to those who don't buy it. Some people do buy it. I did. I didn't get a big card until many, many months later.

The PS Vita is a good piece of hardware. It's solid as solid can be.

Sure it would be "nicer" if it didn't use proprietary cards, but Sony did NOT want this machine hacked to kingdom come, thus the proprietary memory card.

It's not great that the memory cards are so "expensive" but they can be found for less, on sale, at times.

You can get along with a 4gb card and a few downloaded games maybe (might have to juggle some things around) but definitely use Physical Cartridge Games just fine with the 4Gb card for a long time.

I did. I had the 4gb card, a few PSP games and a couple of downloaded PS Vita titles and some minis. I have several cartridge games.I have had PS+ for a long time. On my PS Vita, when we started to get PS+ content I had more content to put on my 4GB card. I had to eventually move things on and off a bit, but it wasn't a crunch for any reason. Getting a bigger card just means I can have way more on my PS Vita to play than I can even handle playing.

A Handheld device will cost money. It's a little console that is portable with a screen and control pad included. It's more than a console. It's an All-in-One.

The 3DS costs less. The 3DS XL costs less, but more than the 3DS. The PS Vita costs even more.

If one wishes to buy a portable game console then they must be able to deal with the costs involved with buying the machine, and all the peripherals needed and all the games.

So what games are wanted to be played? Do you want a PS Vita and to play Sony exclusives or get Trophies to add to your PSN ID Trophy List ... or do you just want to play games that are also on Nintendo ... then maybe that's the platform to look at.

All in all a PS Vita is a dear little piece of hardware. It's lovely and works so well, has a great picture quality, and playing on it is "just like" playing on a big console, as far as how it feels.

Playing a game on another platform feels different. I have both handheld platforms. I also have a PSP. Some games are on both the PS Vita and 3DS. I mostly will always choose PS Vita for the experience which is hands down-- really awesome.

I play Nintendo exclusives on the other piece of hardware I have now.

Negativity about the PS Vita is always high when the OP has posted negatively about the PS Vita. 

Lots of people have a PS Vita. It's not being bought in droves. Wait until later this year, things will change with Christmas coming and PS4 and doubters will keep on doubting but the future will come and when it does ... it could go anywhere.

Sony and PS4 and PS Vita all go together. So it's Gamescon where we'll next hear something more about PS Vita. Keep your ears tuned!

I believe the first thing I said was "I"m hearing so many good things about the vita" I want one, I really really want to play gravity rush and zero escape. But I'm not shelling almost 300, even 200 is to much. If I could get one for like 150 I'd be ok w/ that. I don't care about the memory stick if the games can save on their own. I don't care for 3g cause I'd use my internet. But point being a basic model is still right at like 200 bucks.

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 10 of 27 (309 Views)
0 Likes