Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2012
By: ECrispy77 Splicer 62 posts

I can't use my trial without a credit card?

9 replies 6409 views Edited Dec 6, 2012

Bought a PS3 bundle today. When I try to use the 30 day PS+ code, it says I need a credit card registered. I don't really want to do this. Any way around this? I looked at another thread which seemed to say it was mandatory, but I want to confirm.

Message 1 of 10 (6,409 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: I can't use my trial without a credit card?

Dec 6, 2012
Yes, it's mandatory. All you have to do is turn off the auto-renew feature once you redeem your trial code. To be honest if you try Plus as a new Playstation user you won't be able to go back to not having the service. The benefits are that good, and it makes your experience 10x better. You won't ever find me without an active subscription unless I didn't have the funds to renew it.
Message 2 of 10 (6,405 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I probably will keep Plus. But I was hoping I can use the service with just a PSN card I can get at a local store. I'm quite hesitant about giving out my CC info to any game company - e.g. I don't give it to MS either for Xbox live and use prepaid when possible.

Message 3 of 10 (6,394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Dec 6, 2012

ECrispy77 wrote:

I probably will keep Plus. But I was hoping I can use the service with just a PSN card I can get at a local store. I'm quite hesitant about giving out my CC info to any game company - e.g. I don't give it to MS either for Xbox live and use prepaid when possible.

You could get a PSN card to purchase a one year subscription and then enter the free 30 day trial code, which stack on top of the 1 year. That may be your only option of not putting your CC info on there.

Message 4 of 10 (6,386 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30359 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Just so everyone is aware, you only need to put your credit card details into the system to activate the PS Plus subscription, once it's activated you can go in & delete it from the system.

Message 5 of 10 (6,373 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4419 posts

Dec 6, 2012

You should just buy it already.  Sign up for the trial, so you get the free 30 days.  The year subscription is the best value though.

Honestly, you will like it.  If the subscription ends, you lose any of the "free" games, until you re-up.  I have been a subscriber for only two months now, and I have found it well worth it.  I have already made my sub fee back in free games.  It took me a while to buy in, but I finally looked it over and discovered the value.

If you are concerned about credit card information on the Network, do as I do; buy the sub with a PSN card.  This may take you out of eligibility for the free month, but you would not really be losing any value in it.

Ultimately, it is up to you.

Moble

Message 6 of 10 (6,362 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Just give me the free month and I'll put it to use. (I'd just trade it on CAG.)
Message 7 of 10 (6,355 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Update - I gave in, entered my CC to get the trial and buy the $12 music unlimited deal (which was a deciding factor) and then cancelled auto pay and promptly deleted it :smileyhappy: I hope I'm safe now from any future issues.

Message 8 of 10 (6,342 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 6, 2012
You'll be fine. Now keep an eye on Cheapassgamer.com for anyone posting about a sale on Plus. There was one a few days ago for 12 stackable 1 month codes for $39.99 It was an eBay deal, might still be active, if you use eBay for purchases it's a steal.
Message 9 of 10 (6,334 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Thanks, will do. I heard about ebay codes but there's nothing there now.
Message 10 of 10 (6,329 Views)
0 Likes