Mar 17 2013
By: GuizaoX First Son 11 posts

I can't use DLC in GOW Ascension

12 replies 313 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

I'm from brazil and I bought the God Of War: Ascension in the pre-order, so I got a DLC which I could use Judgment Sword, I activated the DLC, download it, but the Sword isn't anywhere.

Please, someone help me.

Message 1 of 13 (313 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28804 posts

Re: I can't use DLC in GOW Ascension

Mar 17, 2013

Is it a US copy, and did you buy it with a Brazillian account?

Message 2 of 13 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 17, 2013

My main account, which I use just to play singleplayer and multiplayer games is brazilian. But I use an american account to download stuff. I guess that I'm having an issue with my game code. Checking my download list, it does not has any record of download of the Judgment Sword, just the avatar's and the soundtrack of the game.

Is it happening with any of you guys too? I'm going to enter in contact with the store tomorrow. Funny thing is that this is brazilian biggest game store...

Message 3 of 13 (306 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28804 posts

Mar 17, 2013

GuizaoX wrote:

My main account, which I use just to play singleplayer and multiplayer games is brazilian. But I use an american account to download stuff. I guess that I'm having an issue with my game code. Checking my download list, it does not has any record of download of the Judgment Sword, just the avatar's and the soundtrack of the game.

Is it happening with any of you guys too? I'm going to enter in contact with the store tomorrow. Funny thing is that this is brazilian biggest game store...

If you have a Brazillian game, then you have use downloads from the Brazillian Playstation Store. The PS3 console is "region free", meaning it will play any game from anywhere. However the games and downloads are regionalized, and they have to match; i.e. square peg, square hole.

Create a Brazillian PSN account, and try downloading it from that store.

Message 4 of 13 (296 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 17, 2013

But how am I going to download that if I don't have the code to do it?

Message 5 of 13 (285 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28804 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

Just answer me this question; Where is the game from? There should be a region code indicated by a number.

Message 6 of 13 (280 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Region 1, which I guess that works for brazil/us.

Message 7 of 13 (271 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39410 posts

Mar 17, 2013

GuizaoX wrote:

I think Region one is The Americas, Canada, The USA, Mexico all the way down to South America.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 8 of 13 (262 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28804 posts

Mar 17, 2013

GuizaoX wrote:

Brazil is not Region 1. Brazil is Region 4. If you have an US Region 1 copy of the game, and you can log into the US Region 1 PSN Store, then there really shouldn't be a problem. If you can log in to the US Playstation Network, you can then check your account management, and see if there's a record of the transaction. I know you said there wasn't, but check again. If you've already downloaded it, and the game and the dowload data match (meaning from the same region, what happens is that a lot of downloads will integrate themselves into the game data, and will appear in the game, and not in the Game Data section of the PS3. When you start up the game, check to see if the Sword is accessible in the game. If you not, you might have to contact customer support.

For future reference, make a note of this chart that shows the different game regions.

PS3 Region Chart

It might save you some hassle in the future.

Message 9 of 13 (260 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Thanks for the map!

I have entered my code in the US PSN, it has 8 items that I can download, but the Judgment Sword is not there. I think that now it is very clear that this is a problem with my code, isn't? I forget to mean, but the ''King Leonidas 300 DLC'' wasn't in my code too, I had to talk to a guy from the store so he could give me the code to download it, he gave me and it worked. I guess that contacting them again will solve this issue with the Judgment Sword, do you agree?

Other thing, if the game is US Region, and to download the pack of avatars I can only be at the US PSN, I can never use it in my main account (the brazilian)? There isn't something like a transfer, or I could talk to someone so I could have another code, but now to download the avatars in the brazilian psn?

Message 10 of 13 (256 Views)
0 Likes