Dec 05 2012
By: ono_lisa First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

I can't download Resident Evil 5 golden edition

13 replies 458 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

I can't download Resident Evil 5 golden edition. PLEASE  help me out. I subscribed PSN+ just only want RE5.

Message 1 of 14 (458 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: I can't download Resident Evil 5 golden edition

Dec 5, 2012
I'm sorry to inform you that RE5 Gold was just replaced by Bioshock 2, because the store updates on Tuesday afternoon/evening. You would have had to download RE5 Gold anytime before that to be able to get it. It was available to download for about a month...
Message 2 of 14 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32344 posts

Dec 5, 2012

ono_lisa wrote:

I can't download Resident Evil 5 golden edition. PLEASE  help me out. I subscribed PSN+ just only want RE5.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Yea Logical is correct, you were too late, it was just (today actually) replaced by Bioshock 2, the game as Logical also said was available for some time, if you only recently realized the game was there then it may be worth your while in the future keeoing ene eye on these Forums, Sony's Facebook page or Twitter, the PS Blog is also a great way to stay informed of up-coming releases.

Message 3 of 14 (443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Always check, in the PSN store, in the PSN+ section, which "free" games are going to expire soon. If your game is in the "Expiring Soon" section in the PSN+ section of the PSN store, that's when you should panic and download it right away. I'm so glad I checked and downloaded Resident Evil 5. I've played the online where the people helped me go through the chapters. Thanks people!
Message 4 of 14 (410 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 5, 2012
I subscribed PSN+ service around 1500 yesterday afternoon:smileysad: I saw RE5 was still available for free but when I checkout, the system told me I need to pay for it sadly. Even Bioshock 2 is aslo a good game, but I still want RE5 back. I have done RE5 on PC, so this is a good chance to get a easy platinum trophy for me. I had PSN+ service for one year and three months when it just came out, but it was too suck and waste my money on it. When did PSN+ become an awesome plan that have 18 free games?!
Message 5 of 14 (393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Yesterday I double-checked PSN store and PSN blog, both of then showed me RE5 is a free game if I join inPSN+ service. Checked around 1500 yesterday
Message 6 of 14 (392 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 5, 2012
I checked "Expiring Soon", RE5 was not there. I was a PSN+ member, So I know how to track. I checked RE5 is not in Expiring Soon section and RE5 was still on the PSN+ banner page.
Message 7 of 14 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Yeah, the store doesn't refresh til after all of the content is edited. So you can at times access content before the store refresh by simply searching for it ahead of time, or have your situation. Next time make sure you get to what you need before Tuesday even comes around.

Message 8 of 14 (389 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 5, 2012

ono_lisa wrote:
I subscribed PSN+ service around 1500 yesterday afternoon:smileysad: I saw RE5 was still available for free but when I checkout, the system told me I need to pay for it sadly. Even Bioshock 2 is aslo a good game, but I still want RE5 back. I have done RE5 on PC, so this is a good chance to get a easy platinum trophy for me. I had PSN+ service for one year and three months when it just came out, but it was too suck and waste my money on it. When did PSN+ become an awesome plan that have 18 free games?!

It sounds like you joined PS+ right around the time it was updating or about to update, had you joined on Monday you would have been fine.

PS+ updated the plan for 12 free PS3 games in June, and added 6 Vita games in November...

Message 9 of 14 (379 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 5, 2012

ono_lisa wrote:
I checked "Expiring Soon", RE5 was not there. I was a PSN+ member, So I know how to track. I checked RE5 is not in Expiring Soon section and RE5 was still on the PSN+ banner page.

If you are talking about the banner page on PlayStation.com, that always updates days after a change happens in the PSN store, so it isn't a good indicator. 

For future reference the Store always updates on Tuesdays. If you want to guarantee that you get a certain title, you need to download it before the following Tuesday...

Message 10 of 14 (378 Views)
0 Likes