Jun 21 2012
By: braindead324 First Son 26 posts

I can cook food on my Ps3 after 30 minutes.

12 replies 191 views Edited Jun 21, 2012

It gets extremely hot when it should get warm. Its in a humid room, but has circulation.

Message 1 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Re: I can cook food on my Ps3 after 30 minutes.

Jun 21, 2012

Btw its one of the new slims.

Message 2 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9846 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Have you tried vacuuming the vents? Has it ever gotten so hot that it shut down?medium_ps3grillreal.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 21, 2012

It hasn't shut down yet.  How do you vacuum it?

Message 4 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9846 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Look on the sides of the PS3 for ventilation vents. See if they are clogged with dust. Take a regular house-hold vaccuum cleaner and vacuum the vents.

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Jun 21, 2012

That looks like a George Forman grill, we are truely blessed.  We will always have a grill if anything happens to our ps3s.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 6 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
865 posts

Jun 21, 2012

First make sure there's no disc inside your PS3. Then unplug it, hold the eject button down, plug it back in while holding the eject button down untill it turns on and the fans start running. It should help some.

Message 7 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 21, 2012

j0se_tony wrote:

First make sure there's no disc inside your PS3. Then unplug it, hold the eject button down, plug it back in while holding the eject button down untill it turns on and the fans start running. It should help some.

j0se_tony Trophy Card

That does not work almost ever.

It actually does more harm than good because it over-runs the fan where it can damage the bearings and the internal electromagnet and then you're without a paddle and wondering why your PS3 gets hotter faster

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Circulation isnt good enough, not even a ceiling fan running at highest setting. Humidity is not good for electronics because it compounds the heat issue.

Compare being in a HOT room, and a room that is STEAMING. The steaming room is always going to be hotter.

If your house is humid because of the area you live in, then using a de-humidifier or air purifier/deionizer works wonders. Its added benefit is less dust meaning less chance for dust to accumulate.

What is your a/c set to??

If your PS3 had not froze up or had any issues, then its doing its job in staying cool.

Its supposed to get hot and the fan is supposed to get loud during gameplay. The loud fan means its doing its job cooling off the PS3.

Wish I could find the article where a review was made about a PS3 stress test where they left the PS3 running Folding@Home for about a week in a room with no circulation, no fans, no a/c, no windows, just a TV, PS3 and a couch. And they took regular temperature readings of the PS3 and the rooms ambient temperature.

I believe the room temp at the end of the test was around 95*F and the PS3, while having its fan on full blast, it never skipped, showed any signs of overheating such as sluggishness or slowdown or any graphical anomalies. After the test they turned off the PS3 and let it cool off for the rest of the day and it has since been their "Go To" PS3 for game reviews.

But, I cant find it, nor do I remember what company it was.

But this link should do the trick

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
865 posts

Jun 21, 2012

It works for me. I use mine for everything and it never gets hot to the point where I think it's too hot. Plus it only runs for a few seconds it'll be fine, it's not like the fans would be running for hours. If you do try it make sure the PS3 has been off for a while. Sort of forgot to mention that. But yea I do it like once a month and it works fine. Besides I'm pretty sure that was only bad for the fatties that were prone to over heating.

Message 10 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes